NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

Reyes is on and off, he seems to get nicked up at the worst possible times so he is injury prone.

I don't see the Mets signing him for 100=M....David Wright on the other hand the Mets will keep.

Reyes is on and off, he seems to get nicked up at the worst possible times so he is injury prone.

I don't see the Mets signing him for 100=M....David Wright on the other hand the Mets will keep.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

This franchise made a huge mistake by not signing Reyes this off-season, when we could of had him for AT WORST 6yrs/14 mil, now he'll have a huge year and we'll won't be able to afford him. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I can actually see this unfolding.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

This franchise made a huge mistake by not signing Reyes this off-season, when we could of had him for AT WORST 6yrs/14 mil, now he'll have a huge year and we'll won't be able to afford him. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
I can actually see this unfolding.
tired.gif

I don't see Reyes on this team either way after this year. Best case scenario is he has a solid year which I think he will and trade him because we should be able to get a lot of talent back. As much as I've liked Reyes over the years, he makes about one play on each game where you just scratch your head although it's usually an aggressive mistake. It's also still a bonehead play for the most part. I think Bay really breaks out this year and Davis will come down to earth a little. With that said, I'm still more worried about hitting rather than pitching because our hitting always seems to underperform and our pitching has held up in recent years.

I don't see Reyes on this team either way after this year. Best case scenario is he has a solid year which I think he will and trade him because we should be able to get a lot of talent back. As much as I've liked Reyes over the years, he makes about one play on each game where you just scratch your head although it's usually an aggressive mistake. It's also still a bonehead play for the most part. I think Bay really breaks out this year and Davis will come down to earth a little. With that said, I'm still more worried about hitting rather than pitching because our hitting always seems to underperform and our pitching has held up in recent years.

No way Sandy trades Reyes at the deadline. That'll makes the fans angry for a while.
But he probably walks at the end of the year because we are completely broke.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

::tongue:rays for Cuban::

No way Sandy trades Reyes at the deadline. That'll makes the fans angry for a while.
But he probably walks at the end of the year because we are completely broke.
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

::tongue:rays for Cuban::

Justin Turner was sent to triple A this morning and theres trade talks about Luis Hernandez. Brad Emaus, your opening day 2B.

Justin Turner was sent to triple A this morning and theres trade talks about Luis Hernandez. Brad Emaus, your opening day 2B.

Getting rid of Reyes to me is a definite NO

I think our lineup can compete with anyone,it's our rotation and bullpen (like always) that's the big question mark.

So far today we look ....dare I say.... AMAZIN
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Getting rid of Reyes to me is a definite NO

I think our lineup can compete with anyone,it's our rotation and bullpen (like always) that's the big question mark.

So far today we look ....dare I say.... AMAZIN
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngin33

To be fair about Reyes, he's our most important player, and a top 5 SS. That is extremely hard to replace. FACT 
Also, although Wright is a great teammate and likable  guy, I don't think we'll ever win a chip w/ him as our best hitter. I hate to say it, but he doesn't seem to have it, as he SO a ton and doesn't seem like someone who can put the team on his back when needed. I hate it say it though 
ohwell.gif
 W/ that said, our future is very interesting in terms of 1-3 years now. We have a ace pitcher coming off injury.and slowly leaving his prime, while decent prospects. Realistically, do you guys see us a legit contender in the near future(w/o Reyes)? If so, why?

Ms. Sexy right btw. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by youngin33

To be fair about Reyes, he's our most important player, and a top 5 SS. That is extremely hard to replace. FACT 
Also, although Wright is a great teammate and likable  guy, I don't think we'll ever win a chip w/ him as our best hitter. I hate to say it, but he doesn't seem to have it, as he SO a ton and doesn't seem like someone who can put the team on his back when needed. I hate it say it though 
ohwell.gif
 W/ that said, our future is very interesting in terms of 1-3 years now. We have a ace pitcher coming off injury.and slowly leaving his prime, while decent prospects. Realistically, do you guys see us a legit contender in the near future(w/o Reyes)? If so, why?

Ms. Sexy right btw. 
smokin.gif

Wright can't carry a team like Pujols, but with the right crew of guys around him, he'd have no problem leading this offense into the playoffs...just as long as there's pitching, of course.

Back
Top Bottom