NT Uber Drivers

Not sure what market your in, or if they're even offering yet, but read Lyft is going to start offering a monthly subscription service. It sounds pretty good if you use rideshare frequently. I'm sure Uber will follow too, if it works out for Lyft.

I believe that's what I am locked into already with Uber.

Ya pay $9.99 activation, and for the next month one designated route is locked into a set price. In my case, it's $9.99 Pool from my apartment back to my parents house, and $24 X. Any other Pool/X ride is 15% off.

I believe that's what I am locked into already with Uber.

Ya pay $9.99 activation, and for the next month one designated route is locked into a set price. In my case, it's $9.99 Pool from my apartment back to my parents house, and $24 X. Any other Pool/X ride is 15% off.

What city are you in? Haven't heard anything about Houston doing that yet. We don't even do Uberpool here yet.:lol:

What city are you in? Haven't heard anything about Houston doing that yet. We don't even do Uberpool here yet.:lol:

NY (Brooklyn). The locked-in price is clutch considering I've been going back and forth from my parents to my place fairly often this past month on the weekends.

Sometimes tho I can't be bothered and I just use the train. I saved over $45 using the service Feb-March.

NY (Brooklyn). The locked-in price is clutch considering I've been going back and forth from my parents to my place fairly often this past month on the weekends.

Sometimes tho I can't be bothered and I just use the train. I saved over $45 using the service Feb-March.

That explains it then, they always seem to roll out new stuff in the NY and LA markets first.

Drove Lyft this afternoon for about 4 hours. Made almost $140 not including a $20 tip from an Army Officer for a trip from MD to Dupont Circle in DC during rush hour. My 9 to 5 is on that bs so I'm going to do Uber and Lyft until I find something else. Tomorrow I'm going to work Baltimore for that Uber surge. Thursday and Friday too. I wish Lyft have you a heat map schedule like Uber does.

Got a question to those that already filed.

I drive part time driving with uber. I have a 9-5 but I drive on the weekends. I went to HR to ask the person a question cause I got my tax breakdown from uber but not a 1099 and mans was telling me the reason you didn't get a 1099 is cause I didn't earn at least 20k with uber (I made under 10k). For those who drive part time like me, what form did you use to file and write off expenses? I know I should've filed already shame on me :smh:
Yeah I didn't make $20k either so I didn't get a 1099. Not sure what form I'm supposed to use for filing off the top of my head. I have to take a look at last year's tax filing.

I only use Lyft when Uber is down or if Lyft is running a promo. I don't think this subscription will help me much because I average 2 trips a month.

Yeah I did last year, I've yet to do it this year. I went to a tax advisor last year and she told me to file myself because it really isn't that hard. But she also told me to make sure I had all the receipts from everything that was considered maintenance to the car because the car is the business and they're all deductible. I spent almost $6k on gas, about $1.2k on oil changes, $300 on tire rotations, $1k on bridge tolls, $200 on engine cleaners and other fluids. It's a paper mess but it's as accurate as it can be.

Yeah I did last year, I've yet to do it this year. I went to a tax advisor last year and she told me to file myself because it really isn't that hard. But she also told me to make sure I had all the receipts from everything that was considered maintenance to the car because the car is the business and they're all deductible. I spent almost $6k on gas, about $1.2k on oil changes, $300 on tire rotations, $1k on bridge tolls, $200 on engine cleaners and other fluids. It's a paper mess but it's as accurate as it can be.

what were you able to write off last year?

Anyone have any experience with Uber delivery? Just got an email saying I can sign up for it.

Anyone have any experience with Uber delivery? Just got an email saying I can sign up for it.

And cosign what L lightweight champion said, the later it gets, the more McDonald's requests you get. And sometimes you have to drive mad far , like 6 miles for a .5 mile dropoff. Not worth it AT ALL. i wish they'd get rid of mcd altogether. It cheapens the brand imo.

Couple things I like about Ubereats is it counts toward your ride count for weekly bonus and you can choose to do deliveries and rides or just delivery. I would turn off deliveries when I was in downtown cause there’s no parking

Damn, we get quests here in Austin occasionally but I've never heard of that. 10 trips a day is cake. I see they've finally added perks like cash back on gas. This new job I have isn't really cutting it so I'm thinking about going back to ubering. It's draining but I swear to God I was happier than being crammed up in a cubicle staring at a computer screen, and having to wait till a certain time to eat.

I've gotten quests in South FL too. First time I got the quest, uber eats trips counted but the last quest I did two weeks ago, it was only UberX and UberPool that counted on quest. Guess it varies depending on where you drive.

And cosign what L lightweight champion said, the later it gets, the more McDonald's requests you get. And sometimes you have to drive mad far , like 6 miles for a .5 mile dropoff. Not worth it AT ALL. i wish they'd get rid of mcd altogether. It cheapens the brand imo.

I usually stay away from McD's orders for that very reason and I don't like waiting. They aren't the most professional or dependable. Especially when a customer orders something they don't have smh. I only go if I'm trying to meet a quest requirement, then I'm not too picky about my pick ups.

After a while you get to learn where to go and what times to avoid certain places. That's what I like about Uber, I can pick and choose as I feel. Grubhub and the others have you locked in to blocked times and you have to accept what is given to you otherwise it lowers your acceptance rating, :smh:

In SF, you get a offer every week. Do 40 rides M-Thurs for $110 or 80 rides for $220. Then there’s a weekend one but the offers change a little every week sooperhooper sooperhooper

Uber is being sneaky with them quests though :rofl:. Not too long ago it was 65 trips for $200 Mon-Mon, now its 65 for $175 :smh:

Last edited:
Drove for Uber for the first time today. Did 4 trips in around 2 hours. Being located in Spartanburg, South Carolina I didn’t think I would even get that many all day being that it’s a small town. Everyone was pretty chill though. The only problem I had was the pick up locations Uber gave me were wrong a couple times. Had me go to a totally different spot. Other than that it was pretty fun.

Do you guys ever wonder what would happen if we got all the drivers together and agreed to not turn on the app? How much power we might have?

Back
Top Bottom