NT Uber Drivers

A ton. It’s actually a deceptive way to get the heat map going because the app thinks drivers are in demand

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of unionizing and going on strike. If we could get all the drivers to not turn on the app for a couple weeks, we would really have Uber’s attention. As great as the app is, Uber is nothing without the drivers. And when Uber goes public, what will the drivers get? Nothing except a front row seat to see how many people became millionaires because of our hard work.

I feel you, I get it. The problem lies in with the temptation of any driver to see that rides are in demand and they’ll go online to accept those high paying fares. Another problem is the riders switching to Lyft to find rides. Most drivers I know drive for both platforms, but there are some who drive strictly for one or the other.

I feel you, I get it. The problem lies in with the temptation of any driver to see that rides are in demand and they’ll go online to accept those high paying fares. Another problem is the riders switching to Lyft to find rides. Most drivers I know drive for both platforms, but there are some who drive strictly for one or the other.

There will definitely be drivers who will be tempted to accept those rides but I don’t think it will be too big of an issue. Because the second problem you mentioned will eliminate the first. Since riders use both platforms, they will see the high price fare and how long it will take a car to arrive. This will make them switch to Lyft. The drivers might make really good money the first day or two but requests should dry up pretty quick.

The other advantage we have is we won’t really have to go on strike or stop working. What we could do is have everyone stop driving for Uber and instead drive for Lyft, door dash, instacart, Amazon while we negotiate with Uber. After that, we go after Lyft, then DD and so on

The other thing is, Uber’s ultimate goal is to get rid of us and replace us with autonomous cars. They’re spending millions and millions to replace us when that money could be going to us instead

So I'm in Philly this weekend, and took Lyft to and from Wells Fargo Center from my hotel. Every other car was uber/Lyft. You could easily make bank in a city like this. Easily. I live in MD and have to drive about 45 minutes to an hour to get my driving day started. I know cats here are stacking $$$.

I wouldn't mind driving for regular uber. Even thought about trading my car in to do it. Getting in and out and finding parking gets old with eats.

Figured I’d post in here

Anybody do amazon flex?

I’m on my second week and I’m liking it so far. I’ve been doing regular restaurant deliveries and catering for years so I have good experience doing this type of work. The way it works is you use your own car to deliver amazon packages. They pay you a fee ($18-25 an hour) for a shift (usually 4 hours but I’ve seen 2,3,4,5 hour shifts) and once you finish delivering the packages you’re done and you get paid for the whole shift. Last week I did 2 4 hour shifts but finished in about 4.5 hours total so I got paid for 8 hours. Wednesday I worked 7-9pm but finished around 8:20. Got $76x2 ($19/hr Monday and Tuesday ) and $38 ($19/hr Wednesday) so I’ve made $190 for about 6 hours of work. Monday I did 23 drops and finished in about 2 hours. Tuesday I did 39 and finished in about 2.5 hours. Wednesday I only had 2 packages but they were in a town 35 min away. Other than Wednesday (think it was an outlier, I worked at 7pm and the guy at the warehouse said it was the last 2 packages of the day) I’ve done 50+ drops in about 30 miles

Shifts are released on the app and are first come first serve so you gotta keep an eye out. I Locked in 3 shifts already for next week. There’s 3 warehouses near me but 2 are 30 min+ so I don’t think gonna be working at those, but if I was willing to I could make some good $$

I would def recommend it if anyone is looking for extra $$. I have some screen shots of the shift screen and things if anyone wants some more info

I signed up for it but never did it because the app didn't work.

Same thing happened to me after I got accepted. I think I just signed out and in. Or deleted it and reinstalled I don’t remember

Yea I kinda forgot it’s not available in most places. I’m in Boston

I put in a couple of applications for amazon flex a year ago and never heard back from them. I didn’t even get email notifications of my applications and I live in the Bay Area.

Did about 5 1/2 hours of Lyft/Uber today. Not bad. Might try DC or Baltimore tomorrow.

Figured I’d post in here

Anybody do amazon flex?

I’m on my second week and I’m liking it so far. I’ve been doing regular restaurant deliveries and catering for years so I have good experience doing this type of work. The way it works is you use your own car to deliver amazon packages. They pay you a fee ($18-25 an hour) for a shift (usually 4 hours but I’ve seen 2,3,4,5 hour shifts) and once you finish delivering the packages you’re done and you get paid for the whole shift. Last week I did 2 4 hour shifts but finished in about 4.5 hours total so I got paid for 8 hours. Wednesday I worked 7-9pm but finished around 8:20. Got $76x2 ($19/hr Monday and Tuesday ) and $38 ($19/hr Wednesday) so I’ve made $190 for about 6 hours of work. Monday I did 23 drops and finished in about 2 hours. Tuesday I did 39 and finished in about 2.5 hours. Wednesday I only had 2 packages but they were in a town 35 min away. Other than Wednesday (think it was an outlier, I worked at 7pm and the guy at the warehouse said it was the last 2 packages of the day) I’ve done 50+ drops in about 30 miles

Shifts are released on the app and are first come first serve so you gotta keep an eye out. I Locked in 3 shifts already for next week. There’s 3 warehouses near me but 2 are 30 min+ so I don’t think gonna be working at those, but if I was willing to I could make some good $$

I would def recommend it if anyone is looking for extra $$. I have some screen shots of the shift screen and things if anyone wants some more info

Question.. how are the routes organised? Are the packages you pick up all within the same vicinity? Also how do you determine which route youll be taking for the day. I would imagine with that many packages, you might have to backtrack a few times.

Bruh I hate when the passenger has one or two stops. Especially to get food. And especially because they aren't smart enough to order ahead :stoneface: got me waiting and **** when you could've had your Starbucks ready .

They've added perks (cash back on gas, discounts on oil changes etc) and r also have ridiculously high boost zones at night now:
Screenshot_20180502-004943_Uber Driver.jpg

I think that's due to the fact that most drivers are required to drive so far at night for a mere 1.3 mile dropoff and end up getting only like $3. Because of these additions, I've noticed a huge decline in boost zones during the day.

Question.. how are the routes organised? Are the packages you pick up all within the same vicinity? Also how do you determine which route youll be taking for the day. I would imagine with that many packages, you might have to backtrack a few times.
Just saw this post

The routes are all grouped up together by amazons algorithm. Every now and then I’ll get like 2 out of 35 packages that are like 15 minutes away from the rest. My worst experience so far was when I worked a rush hour shift. Had like 40 deliveries and 3 of them were 20 minutes from the warehouse, then the rest were 50 minutes (traffic) from there. Made no sense to me. If I didn’t have those 3 deliveries out of the way It would have been a much easier run and saved a lot of time, no idea why I had to take them.
95% are within a mile or 2 of each other.

You don’t get to choose your route, you sign in at the warehouse and a manager gives u your run. At my warehouse I’ve worked 10 min away and as far as a town 35+ min away. The app does a pretty good job of mapping out your run but recently I’ve been noticing that it does overlap a bit, like if I’m in the town I grew up in then I know how to route it a little better than the app does

I took this week off cause I had some good hours at my regular job and i was putting too many miles on my car (I work with my car at my regular job too). I just got the car a month ago and almost put 2000 miles on it, less than 300 from amazon tho. I’m back at it again next week

These are my miles I’ve logged so far if anyone’s curious

92CFC2FD-BC48-406A-A829-CB8F1247EF11.png

On track to make a rack this week but I'm too burned out, I've been working every day since the 21st and I need a break. I'll probably make 150 tomorrow putting me at 850 for the week.

Y'all ever get a sassy one?

Yes, Got banned from uber for throwing a dude out my car. He wanted a free ride when I told him to get out repeatedly. ( around 2 am so you know its peak time) He got smart with the wrong dude luckily i didnt pull out my Glock 43.

I threw his *** out my whip GTA style....

I been doing LYFT got 160 rides.... just started doing WAITR.... this amazon flex sounds promising probably not available in my area yet.

Idk if you guys have doordash in your areas but I work at a restaurant and we get a good amount of them. That’s in addition to our in house deliveries (what I do). Might be worth looking into, some dude told me they get $6 per order plus tips. Idk how true that is though

Back
Top Bottom