NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure stats wise, priest Holmes' 2002 and 2003 is up there too. Hell what about Larry Johnson's 1800 yard and 20 td season while only starting like 11 games or something. Shaun Alexander had 1900 and 27 tds in his MVP year but he can kiss my ***.
youre right i forgot about holmes, johnson, and alexander. alexander and johnson had better seasons in my opinion. 200 to 300 yards more is not worth at least 8 tds from johnson and alexander. yards dont translate to better rushing seasons. tds have to be taken into account.

Tomlinson did not come off a career altering injury, and he had Rivers and Gates to help.

It was very surprising to see AD get 1000 let alone 2000 yards less than a year after major knee surgery. Hell, Derrick Rose is coming back soon and if he's not the same player before his injury it only strengthens the argument for Peterson.

lets put all this injury talk aside.
acl tears arent really that big of a deal anymore especially for athletes that have access to the best doctors and equipment in the world.
many people dont know this but patella grafts used for acl reconstruction is actually a lot stronger than the original acl. some people actually have stronger knees coming out of acl reconstruction.
But of course recovery is only as good as the amount of effort you put into rehabbing.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sherman is becoming my favorite player

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sherman is that dude :pimp: :pimp:

But the first guy :lol: :smh:

"Oh my ******* god"

"Can I say ******* ?"

:lol: :smh:

Tomlinson did not come off a career altering injury, and he had Rivers and Gates to help.

It was very surprising to see AD get 1000 let alone 2000 yards less than a year after major knee surgery. Hell, Derrick Rose is coming back soon and if he's not the same player before his injury it only strengthens the argument for Peterson.
i know those players didnt not come back from major surgery. it was nuts for ap to get 2000 yards coming from major surgery but still only scored 12 tds. imo his rushing season is not top 3. yards are a big factor but you have to include tds in the discussion.

i read an article or saw a segment a while back on how ap and roses injury are different and the path to healing is different. ap runs on that knee but rose uses it to launch his body. that is why roses injury is of a bigger impact than it would be for ap. cant remember the source though.

i know those players didnt not come back from major surgery. it was nuts for ap to get 2000 yards coming from major surgery but still only scored 12 tds. imo his rushing season is not top 3. yards are a big factor but you have to include tds in the discussion.

i read an article or saw a segment a while back on how ap and roses injury are different and the path to healing is different. ap runs on that knee but rose uses it to launch his body. that is why roses injury is of a bigger impact than it would be for ap. cant remember the source though.

While pooh does launch off his knee...

AD is a 220lb RB that uses his knee to cut, run, accelerate AFTER contact and he takes hits on that knee.

What he did is much more impressive regardless of the 12 TD amount.

While pooh does launch off his knee...

AD is a 220lb RB that uses his knee to cut, run, accelerate AFTER contact and he takes hits on that knee.

What he did is much more impressive regardless of the 12 TD amount.
im not saying ap running for over 2000 yards and 12 tds after major knee surgery is not impressive. it is very impressive. the dude is obviously some sort of cyborg. however, to me that still is in no way top 3 rushing seasons of all-time which not only involves yards but touchdowns as well. running for 2000 yards and having 12 tds is not better than running for 1900 yards and 27 tds (example). in fact terrell davis is the only guy out of the 2000 club to score at least 15 tds (he had 20). all other 2000 club members scored 14 or less tds. the season ap had if you are just looking at yards is top 3 if not the top. the season as a whole that ap had is not top 3.

Damn, 12 touchdowns isn't a good year anymore? How many backs had more than 12?
foster had 15, morris had 13, ridley also had 12.

im not saying ap had a bad year, he had a great year. if you compare it to other rushing seasons, aps 2012 season is not top 3 imo.

It is good (the 12 TDs) but I think we are disputing the claim that it was the third best season ever by a RB. Deserved MVP though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom