NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
oroy should of been luck or russ. luck did turn a 2 win team around and russ was great but had a more complete team. rg3 should of not won.

Offensive player of the year, emphasis on Offensive.
The team and anything around it doesn't matter, RG3 had better offensive numbers. Better passing numbers alone, but adding in his rushing it goes even more imbalanced for him offensively.

Its like comparing MVP to OPOY. One it actually matters how the team around you is or would be w/o you, the other is pure stats, which is why you often get the best QB as MVP and the best RB as OPOY.

If anything they should make a rookie MVP award and then you can take other stuff into consideration, but this is not that.

Last edited:
^ I think he was good and had a great year. I just think he had it easier than Luck and was in a similar situation as Russell.

How many players can most people name from the Colts?
Colts were a 2 win team last year
Colts don't have an O line or a RB or defense

I don't see how Luck doesn't get it? INTs isn't a good enough reason but I'm not shocked that Griffin won.

How did RG3 have it easier?

-NFC East > AFC South
-Colts are littered with talented players. They were only a 2 win team last year because they lost their damn QB. They were a playoff team the year before that. That 2 win season is pretty irrelevant.
-The Colts had a top 10 defense what are you talking about?
-Many of the sacks the Colts gave up, were Luck's fault and due to rookie QB mistakes
-RG3 didn't have a HOF receiver in Reggie Wayne to throw to. ******** WRs were inconsistent all year long and had a ton of drops

-The award isn't about any of that stuff you mentioned. It's about who is the best pure player regardless of the situations around them. It's not an MVP. And RG3 was clearly the better pure player than Luck.

And finally....THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS EASY IN THE NFL. Don't care what roster you're on or who you're playing with. There is nothing easy about playing QB in the NFL, especially as a rookie.

The Colts offense is littered with talented players? Outside of Reggie Wayne and rookies... who?

Their entire offense made $27 mil this year. Think about that.

Last edited:
^ I think he was good and had a great year. I just think he had it easier than Luck and was in a similar situation as Russell.

How many players can most people name from the Colts?
Colts were a 2 win team last year
Colts don't have an O line or a RB or defense

I don't see how Luck doesn't get it? INTs isn't a good enough reason but I'm not shocked that Griffin won.

I'm so tired of this stupid argument. Why are people acting like the Skins was this good team before Bob?

The Skins were a mess last season. I'm a skins fan so I know what dude did for this team this year. He was great, he didn't turn the ball over and put up points. We damn near had to score 40 to win and he did that.

Defense wins championships and Russle had one of the best in the league with a top 10 back and a hungry WR core.

The Colts were not a 2 and 14 team people they quit period! Peyton went down and they quit. Maybe quit is too strong. They just didn't think they could win without him so they didn't. Plus the coach was wack.

New coach and QB =better results. Plus that division is trash.

So stop all that bs if you like luck or Wilson better cool. But they did not have it easier than RG3. His D was trash and played without his #1 for half the season. Went 7 and 1 with him I believe. Stop ******g hating.

Last edited:
******** aren't that bad a team.

They started out 5-0 last year and beat the Super Bowl champions twice.

Colts were absolutely horrendous last year.

1.Luck
2A.RG3
2B. Doug Martin
4. Russy

Russy stepped into the perfect situation for a rookie QB and it allowed him to progress all season.

He was terrible during the first half of the season and stepped it up.

But he had a top tier defense to cover for him when he mad mistakes and skittles running the rock when passing wasn't working.

******** aren't that bad a team.

They started out 5-0 last year and beat the Super Bowl champions twice.

Colts were absolutely horrendous last year.

1.Luck
2A.RG3
2B. Doug Martin
4. Russy

Russy stepped into the perfect situation for a rookie QB and it allowed him to progress all season.

He was terrible during the first half of the season and stepped it up.

But he had a top tier defense to cover for him when he mad mistakes and skittles running the rock when passing wasn't working.

A 3rd round Pick to win the starting job and take his team to 11 wins in his rookie sesson is the most impressive imo

Russellmania :pimp:

******** actually had a defense last year. The offense struggled to score more than 17 pts.

This year the defense was destroyed by injuries. RG3 came and all of the sudden we have a top 5 offense and his #1 receiver was out most of the year. He also lost his tide end. Our defense was absolute garbage especially in the first half of the season. He was the most efficient rookie and had the most yards on the ground.

RG3 deserved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom