NFL Discussion Thread - Hall of Fame Game: August 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think the biggest issue is the lack of opportunity and diversity at the college level where it is much more influenced by individuals and donors. That lack of experience in the NCAA level subsequently hurts the number of prospects on the NFL level. Just my basic understanding and observations
Yep, like with everything it starts from the bottom up. Hopefully things will turn around eventually. 

Damn, Norv running the O & Horton running the D? Browns might be alright (if Lombardi doesn't screw the draft & personnel)...

Damn, Norv running the O & Horton running the D? Browns might be alright (if Lombardi doesn't screw the draft & personnel)...

rumor's are that the Browns might trade the 6th pick and 3rd rounder in the draft to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett 

Last edited:
rumor's are that the Browns might trade the 6th pick and 3rd rounder in the draft to the Patriots for Ryan Mallett 
crazy talk.. they just spent the 22nd pick on weeden last year

and giving up the 6th pick for mallett.. that's crazy talk

I like Weeden. I think he deserves to come into his second year as the starter for Cleveland.

The Browns were lowkey one of my favorite teams to follow this year so I'm rooting for them to make some noise in the coming years.

Last edited:
:lol: At the browns drafting a 30 year old rookie QB.

:lol: at the browns wanting to trade for a QB after wasting a 1st rounder on a 30 year old rookie QB.

:lol: :lol:

:lol: At the browns drafting a 30 year old rookie QB.

:lol: at the browns wanting to trade for a QB after wasting a 1st rounder on a 30 year old rookie QB.

:lol: :lol:

Browns really aren't that far off despite their record last season. And with the Ravens getting older and entering a new era, they have every shot in the world to be a heavyweight in that division. They don't need to have a 25 year old quarterback. So long as Weeden progress then they're fine to enter this next 5 year window as possible contenders.

while i understand the browns may not be as bad as the record indicates.

i dont see the point in drafting a 30 year old QB unless you have an elite Defense, a sound running game with WRs that scare and all you need is a QB not to make mistakes and control the game.

and even then it doesnt work.

while i understand the browns may not be as bad as the record indicates.

i dont see the point in drafting a 30 year old QB unless you have an elite Defense, a sound running game with WRs that scare and all you need is a QB not to make mistakes and control the game.

and even then it doesnt work.

Their defense isn't elite, but it's wildly underrated. They can tighten the screws in a few areas and they'll be even that much better. Most of all...A great defense is helped by a good offense that stays on the field and keeps good field position. They've got studs in the making at WR and RB. Their problem was youth and a lack of execution probably because of that youth. The core of what their offense is built around for the future were all rookies (Weeden, Gordon, Richardson). A last place schedule next year on top of all these guys back for their second years...I would not at all be surprised to see these guys as a WC. I definitely feel they leapfrog Cincinnati next year.

I guess you can say it's my very early bold prediction for 2013.

Last edited:
lombardi was out of a job for a reason. and if the head coach is anything like he was as the OC for the panthers then he sucks also

while i understand the whole concept of the roony rule.

ill never get this constant recycling of OC / DCs......

why not give new guys a chance?

also Jets hire Seahawks VP of operations to GM and Martty from the Eagles to OC

Is it just black people that they have to at least interview one of or at least one non-white? Like if they interview an Asian or Hispanic person then that qualifies as the one minority

The Rooney Rule, established in 2003,[1] requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation opportunities. It is often cited as an example of affirmative action.

are they really complaining about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom