NFL Conference Championships In Review...

laugh.gif

Losing to the New Orleans Saints at the Superdome is different than dropping games to the Bengals and Vikings at home and letting the Cardinals score 51.

Just sayin.

So was the Cowboys season a failure? I mean ya'll won a playoff game,but it's still a failure right? I would like to hear you say that thisyear was a failure for the Cowboys.
You damn right this season was a failure. Maybe you think you're team is going to improve on this next season and losing in the Super Bowl will be even better for you next year.

Odds are you dudes won't even make the playoffs next year. That's the NFL chief....

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by J Steezzz

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.
WOW
That quote wasn't from me, but I don't see what is so absurd about it.  It's a known fact that Prime couldn't tackle for !%!+.
That quote was mine. Thanks Chester for nominating me, ur a real pal
happy.gif

It's not absurd and i'll stick by it.  You guys get gassed by primetime bc of his razzle dazzle dancing, but as a COMPLETE football player, gimme Revis over him ANYDAY
wink.gif
(gasp)
Exactly... I still wanna hear these haters' response to why your comment is so outrageous

Yep, you got us. We're "haters." I haven't responded to the comment because it's literally the dumbest !*%* I have ever read. There's a reason why people keep quoting it and laughing, and the only people going "WUTS SO FUNNY GAIZ? REVIS CHRIST IZ DUH TROOF" all have Jets signatures.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.
WOW
That quote wasn't from me, but I don't see what is so absurd about it.  It's a known fact that Prime couldn't tackle for !%!+.
happy.gif

It's not absurd and i'll stick by it.  You guys get gassed by primetime bc of his razzle dazzle dancing, but as a COMPLETE football player, gimme Revis over him ANYDAY
wink.gif
(gasp)
Exactly... I still wanna hear these haters' response to why your comment is so outrageous

Yep, you got us. We're "haters." I haven't responded to the comment because it's literally the dumbest !*%* I have ever read. There's a reason why people keep quoting it and laughing, and the only people going "WUTS SO FUNNY GAIZ? REVIS CHRIST IZ DUH TROOF" all have Jets signatures.

LOL, and you still haven't explained yourself.

Y'all Jets fans ODing with all this "Revis Christ" talk.

He's better than Primetime, a future HOFer after just his what, third season?
laugh.gif

I agree that he's more physical than Prime and a better tackler, but Deion could afford to make those "business decisions" because QBs rarely threw to his side.

Revis is the goods, but y'all need to take the blinders off.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
PlatinumFunk wrote:

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

OK so maybe the Vikings beat themselves... you can't have that many turnovers but oh my... that OT drive...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get me started

First there was the "Pass Interference" on the completely uncatchable ball, the 4th and short, another pass that was not a catch but was ruled a catch. I'm sorry but the Saints were bailed out..

I'm really disappointed.... and Refs... how are you gonna let the game come down to all those terrible calls... WEAK

I don't care for the saints or the colts so I really have no interest in the Superbowl.
Ok lets revisit these calls in the OT drive.  On replay the PI call was pretty suspect, but since the defender never turned around to make a play on the ball and had his arms stretched out which looked like he pushed the reciever, that would probably have been called 90% of the time that happens.  The 4th and short, I don't see how you can not call that a first down, on replay half of his body is over the line before he is hit and knocked down, the ball never came loose and he was marked far enough in the first place.  Basically there was no way there was enough evidence to overturn that ruling on the spot of the ball.  The catch, the ball did bobble, but you never saw it hit the ground for sure.  That could have happened from his arm hitting the ground causing the ball to shift.  Now you see, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  You Vikings fans can talk about that bs all you want, but the fact is that if that same drive happend in any other game, 99% of the time it would of been called the exact same way.  They had their shot to put it away in regulation and Favre threw a pick so they couldn't even attempt the game winner.

The ball def. came loose... He did not have possession of the ball at any point past the 1st down marker.

The ball was moved in his hands, but it isn't like he fumbled.  The point I was making is there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  The only way to have known for sure is if there was an invisible wall up instead of just a line and then you could see if he broke through.  He went over the top, the official made the call that the ball crossed, there wasn't clear evidence to overturn the spot of the ball!! What the @%!+ is so hard to understand about it.  To me it still looked like he crossed even when the ball was hit.  Get the @%!+ outta here!!

Originally Posted by toine2983

Y'all Jets fans ODing with all this "Revis Christ" talk.

He's better than Primetime, a future HOFer after just his what, third season?
laugh.gif

I agree that he's more physical than Prime and a better tackler, but Deion could afford to make those "business decisions" because QBs rarely threw to his side.

Revis is the goods, but y'all need to take the blinders off.
Nobody ever said that Revis better than Deion 
grin.gif
  (though i think, barring injures, he could potentially be one day)

All Steez was saying that he prefers Revis' style of play of Prime's

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

WOW
happy.gif

wink.gif
(gasp)

LOL, and you still haven't explained yourself.

When Revis shows up and puts up this performance on a consistant yearly basis, then you can start talking.  Quit buying into that Rex Ryan talk blowing hot air up their @*# just say they feel like they are the best in the game.  Revis is good, but best in the game???  Better than Primetime??? Woodson??? Dude is a youngster, how many times do we see players like this have 1 or 2 good season then %%## the bed and they are never heard from again???

And for you Vikings fans, you had the trash talking coming all season.  Funny how all of you were so cocky the whole year with that business as usual bs, praising Favre as the next coming of christ.  Then it turned out it was business as usual, Favre throws a pick, you lose the most important game in franchise history.  And to say you will be back there without Favre.... give me a break dudes.  You have no proven QB, a running back that can't hold onto the ball, and a terrible coach.

Originally Posted by bigtomgetsgwap

Damn Revis better than Primetime?
laugh.gif

That's like my man saying Rodgers is gonna be better than Manning
laugh.gif
nah its like saying Rodgers is already better than Manning...

Taking Revis now over Prime in his Prime is a outrageous.

Thats not what he was saying though... He said that Revis is a better all around Corner and that he would take Revis over Deion... I dont get whats difficult to understand about that. Stop backtracking.

Deion played 95-98 (4 seasons) without giving up a single touchdown to his man.

Deion played 95-98 (4 seasons) without giving up a single touchdown to his man. [Kanye]NO TOUCHDOWNS!![/kanye]

Anybody that takes Darrelle Revis in his prime, over Deion in his prime is a idiot.

Straight up and down.

Y'all talking like Darrelle Revis is some monster physical CB that just mauls WR's allover the field, pounds them into submission and makes them cry. GTFOOH. He plays great bump coverage and majority of the times he has safety help over the top. He is no more physical than Chuck Woodson OR NA21 (and NA21 probably has the least amount of over the top safety help in the league) is. And he doesn't maul WR's like a prime, lets say, Ty Law does. Y'all get gassed by seeing Revis bump and push WR's out of bounds, not realizing that this ALSO takes him out of the play, should a pass be thrown in that direction towards another reciever. Deion's instincts were off the charts, he would often come off his WR to make an INT. When he (Revis) plays off man or zone coverage he is nowhere near as good. Still good, but no better than Champ, Asante, etc. Y'all keep talking about Deion like he DIDN'T PLAY BETTER BUMP COVERAGE THAN Darrelle Revis does. Deion couldn't tackle well, this is a given. BUT, He played physical at the LOS as a CB, played Off man at least as well as he played bump (which he was elite at) and played zone (though it was few and far in between) great as well. All this while having MUCH less safety help than Darrelle Revis has.  And he mastered the art of baiting QB's much moreso than Darrelle Revis has, and Prime CAME INTO THE LEAGUE doing this. Y'all realize that the job of a CB is to not only take his man out of the game BUT TO ALSO CAUSE TURNOVERS and give the ball back to the offense. Lets not even bring up the fact that once he got the ball in his hand via a int he was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mr Revis is. Deion was one of the few to truly 'shut down his side of the field' as opposed to 'shutting down a reciever' there is a HUGE difference between the two. In one case, you simply do not throw to a WR on the left side of the field i.e. I won't throw to Reggie Wayne, but I'll throw to Dallas Clark lined up in the slot beside him. In the other case YOU DON'T THROW TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FIELD AT ALL i.e. I'm not even going to look left, all my throws are from the left most hash (really, probably the middle of the field) to the right sideline.

Get the @$@@ out my face w/ this 'I'd Take Darrelle Revis over Deion because he can tackle better' *%!!$%%@. The ONLY think Darrelle does better than Deion is tackle (and it ain't like he's even on Antoine Winfield's level as far as tackling goes if you wanna be honest) and DEION IS BETTER THAN DARRELLE AT EVERY OTHER FACECT OF PLAYING THE CORNERBACK POSITION. How is player A more complete than Player B, when Player A only does 1 thing superior to Player B, and Player B does 7 things better that player A? What kind of ******ed +!+ sense does that make? 

With all that said, I love Revis as a player (pause), one of my favorite players to watch in the league  and he is a great CB, but lets simmer down here w/ all this talk.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Thats not what he was saying though... He said that Revis is a better all around Corner and that he would take Revis over Deion... I dont get whats difficult to understand about that. Stop backtracking.

Deion played 95-98 (4 seasons) without giving up a single touchdown to his man. [Kanye]NO TOUCHDOWNS!![/kanye]

No actually Emkay got it right.  I prefer the way Revis plays the position over Prime.

If I mislead you guys by saying he's better than prime, then that's my fault, i misworded it.

There is no way people can compare Revis' 3 years in the league to prime's career and say Revis is better.

All I was saying is that Revis never shys away from putting a good hit on people, and that was the 1 true element that will keep Deion from being called the GOAT at his position.

Seemed like you were saying you'd rather have Revis on your team RIGHT NOW over Deion in his Prime... Oh well.

This is what happens when 95% of our teams are eliminated from the playoffs at this point
laugh.gif

But yea everyone knows about Deions tackling but being soft is a luxury he really could afford with the way he punished QBs for looking his way... You could almost chalk it up as 6 for the other team if you threw at him
sick.gif

ummm... sig check
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

EDIT: why wont it let me overlap text in HTML like i have it saved???
smh.gif

smh.gif
JPZ you know damn well if you guys wonyou would be running at the mouth and bumping old threads, posting 100 screencaps about people that doubted the vikes and quoting people. You were doing this all season word to your "xx:xx pm: who's better the vikings or saints" thread when it looked like the saints were gonna lose to the ********. You might not have thought you were gonna win the superbowl in week 1 but by week 17 itm sure your exlectations changed. You talked reckless all year and rubbed alot of people the wrong way so you should have known people were gonna come at you like this. You're lucky nobody is as dedicated as you to post all the screencaps of you arguijg the the vikings were better than the saints or that favre wasnt gonna lose the game for you guys. What kills me the most is that if favre was still on the packers and having this type of year you would be hating and posting rolling faces and posting screencaps of packers fans hyping him up. This season was not a success because you are gonna have favre for one more year at the most, idk how you can argue othrwise. If you had this season with a younger quarterback then it would def. Be a success but t was ear when you guys signed him that it was a superbowl-or-bust type deal.

Im Sitting in my business ethics class posting from my iphone so my fault if the format is all over the place.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Anybody that takes Darrelle Revis in his prime, over Deion in his prime is a idiot.

Straight up and down.

Y'all talking like Darrelle Revis is some monster physical CB that just mauls WR's allover the field, pounds them into submission and makes them cry. GTFOOH. He plays great bump coverage and majority of the times he has safety help over the top. He is no more physical than Chuck Woodson OR NA21 (and NA21 probably has the least amount of over the top safety help in the league) is. And he doesn't maul WR's like a prime, lets say, Ty Law does. Y'all get gassed by seeing Revis bump and push WR's out of bounds, not realizing that this ALSO takes him out of the play, should a pass be thrown in that direction towards another reciever. Deion's instincts were off the charts, he would often come off his WR to make an INT. When he (Revis) plays off man or zone coverage he is nowhere near as good. Still good, but no better than Champ, Asante, etc. Y'all keep talking about Deion like he DIDN'T PLAY BETTER BUMP COVERAGE THAN Darrelle Revis does. Deion couldn't tackle well, this is a given. BUT, He played physical at the LOS as a CB, played Off man at least as well as he played bump (which he was elite at) and played zone (though it was few and far in between) great as well. All this while having MUCH less safety help than Darrelle Revis has.  And he mastered the art of baiting QB's much moreso than Darrelle Revis has, and Prime CAME INTO THE LEAGUE doing this. Y'all realize that the job of a CB is to not only take his man out of the game BUT TO ALSO CAUSE TURNOVERS and give the ball back to the offense. Lets not even bring up the fact that once he got the ball in his hand via a int he was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mr Revis is. Deion was one of the few to truly 'shut down his side of the field' as opposed to 'shutting down a reciever' there is a HUGE difference between the two. In one case, you simply do not throw to a WR on the left side of the field i.e. I won't throw to Reggie Wayne, but I'll throw to Dallas Clark lined up in the slot beside him. In the other case YOU DON'T THROW TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FIELD AT ALL i.e. I'm not even going to look left, all my throws are from the left most hash (really, probably the middle of the field) to the right sideline.

Get the @$@@ out my face w/ this 'I'd Take Darrelle Revis over Deion because he can tackle better' *%!!$%%@. The ONLY think Darrelle does better than Deion is tackle (and it ain't like he's even on Antoine Winfield's level as far as tackling goes if you wanna be honest) and DEION IS BETTER THAN DARRELLE AT EVERY OTHER FACECT OF PLAYING THE CORNERBACK POSITION. How is player A more complete than Player B, when Player A only does 1 thing superior to Player B, and Player B does 7 things better that player A? What kind of ******ed +!+ sense does that make? 

With all that said, I love Revis as a player (pause), one of my favorite players to watch in the league  and he is a great CB, but lets simmer down here w/ all this talk.

/ thread

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by S4L3

LOL. Years and years of being mediocre will make people actually believe this crap...
You took what I said out of context. Based on my expectations, this year was a success despite not making/winning the Super Bowl.

So was the Cowboys season a failure? I mean ya'll won a playoff game, but it's still a failure right? I would like to hear you say that this year was a failure for the Cowboys.
Maybe the Jets? They didn't make it to the Super Bowl either. Everyone was talking about Super Bowl after the first three weeks and they didn't make it. Failure?

There shouldn't be any double standard
grin.gif

McCoy though? I'm hearing McNabb or Kolb. Someone on one of the Vikings message boards said Clayton reported sometime post-Eagles loss two weeks ago that there might be a Favre/Rodgers situation in Philadelphia, and that one of them will end up being shipped off/forced out.
I don't think you get it.

Yes the Cowboys season was a failure because you play to win the chip. However, no one and I mean NO ONE expected them to get as far as they did especially after losing Owens and having to rely on Roy Williams to step up. How many people back in March 2009 said "Miles Austin will step in and have 13 Tds and 1200 yards in only 12 games. Everyone said we would be 6-10/8-8 and we were the hottest team going into the playoffs after the Saints win. So with the Cowboys not winning the chip, even though the season is a failure naturally because you play to win the SB, many people don't make a big deal out of it because we were a 6-10 team coming into the season. Hell, we were a 6-10 team until Roy got his ribs cracked in the Denver game which allowed Miles Austin to get a start.

The Vikings on the other hand were different. Once they acquired Favre, they were automatically elevated to SB status. Whether they were elevated to that status by YOU is irrelevant. The primary hole on your team was QB. You guys made the playoffs with Tavaris the year before, yet, it was a given that he was a bum @ the position. Once you guys acquired Favre, they immediately became super bowl favs. Again, if you didn't elevate them to that status yourself, its irrelevant. To top it off, they were 11-1 by week 13 and looked better than the Saints despite them being undefeated. So when yall got knocked out last week, of course it was a huge failure. Just like the Cowboys of 2008. Everyone was preaching "SUper bowl or bust" well before training camp. The fact that we didn't make the playoffs despite being huge favs to go and win the SB is a failure.

Whether you want to see it that way or not doesn't matter. But thats just the wat it is. Thats why its better to go in as underdogs.

By the way, Revis is such a punk. I remember in 2007, this fool was coppin pleas making excuses as to why he got roasted by Owens/Edwards for TDs, claiming they used their "physicality" on him and thats why he gave up the TDs. Now he wants to talk %*%$. Can't wait for next season when this fool starts getting toasted something serious....

Back
Top Bottom