NFL Conference Championships In Review...

Originally Posted by dreClark

Anybody that takes Darrelle Revis in his prime, over Deion in his prime is a idiot.

Straight up and down.

Y'all talking like Darrelle Revis is some monster physical CB that just mauls WR's allover the field, pounds them into submission and makes them cry. GTFOOH. He plays great bump coverage and majority of the times he has safety help over the top. He is no more physical than Chuck Woodson OR NA21 (and NA21 probably has the least amount of over the top safety help in the league) is. And he doesn't maul WR's like a prime, lets say, Ty Law does. Y'all get gassed by seeing Revis bump and push WR's out of bounds, not realizing that this ALSO takes him out of the play, should a pass be thrown in that direction towards another reciever. Deion's instincts were off the charts, he would often come off his WR to make an INT. When he (Revis) plays off man or zone coverage he is nowhere near as good. Still good, but no better than Champ, Asante, etc. Y'all keep talking about Deion like he DIDN'T PLAY BETTER BUMP COVERAGE THAN Darrelle Revis does. Deion couldn't tackle well, this is a given. BUT, He played physical at the LOS as a CB, played Off man at least as well as he played bump (which he was elite at) and played zone (though it was few and far in between) great as well. All this while having MUCH less safety help than Darrelle Revis has.  And he mastered the art of baiting QB's much moreso than Darrelle Revis has, and Prime CAME INTO THE LEAGUE doing this. Y'all realize that the job of a CB is to not only take his man out of the game BUT TO ALSO CAUSE TURNOVERS and give the ball back to the offense. Lets not even bring up the fact that once he got the ball in his hand via a int he was >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mr Revis is. Deion was one of the few to truly 'shut down his side of the field' as opposed to 'shutting down a reciever' there is a HUGE difference between the two. In one case, you simply do not throw to a WR on the left side of the field i.e. I won't throw to Reggie Wayne, but I'll throw to Dallas Clark lined up in the slot beside him. In the other case YOU DON'T THROW TO THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FIELD AT ALL i.e. I'm not even going to look left, all my throws are from the left most hash (really, probably the middle of the field) to the right sideline.

Get the @$@@ out my face w/ this 'I'd Take Darrelle Revis over Deion because he can tackle better' *%!!$%%@. The ONLY think Darrelle does better than Deion is tackle (and it ain't like he's even on Antoine Winfield's level as far as tackling goes if you wanna be honest) and DEION IS BETTER THAN DARRELLE AT EVERY OTHER FACECT OF PLAYING THE CORNERBACK POSITION. How is player A more complete than Player B, when Player A only does 1 thing superior to Player B, and Player B does 7 things better that player A? What kind of ******ed +!+ sense does that make? 

With all that said, I love Revis as a player (pause), one of my favorite players to watch in the league  and he is a great CB, but lets simmer down here w/ all this talk.

1989 was Deion's first year in the league.

And how are people hyping off nostalgia? Please tell me. You really gonna act like for a multi-year period that Prime wasn't 1a or 1b at WORST as far as CB's currently playing? Ain't but 1 CB (Rod Woodson) of our generation that I could see being above Prime. What was said that wasn't true? If we're living off nostalgia, when what the @$!* are y'all hyping off?

Don't just type smileys and one sentence. Explain your stance, no matter how wrong it may be...

You know what? @$!* it, I'm done w/ it. Don't even worry about it. *goes to watch Dexter's Laboratory*

Damn youre right... For some reason i had been thinking he came to the league in 91-92... Regardless, I stand by what i been saying in that he was on a whole different level than Revis probably will ever be.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

PlatinumFunk wrote:
That's 8 bum years in 15 seasons. Okay, you've got me in that all I've ever watched of his is highlight tapes...but can you please enlighten me as to what was so great about him?

The greatest arm in NFL history, elusiveness, went to 5 super bowls, 40+ 4th quarter comebacks...and he did it all with mediocre talent. Dude was the total package.
I know it's cliche to say, but stats don't tell the whole story. John Elway was on another level. 
pimp.gif

With John stats dont tell half the story. If people dont get mad/ offended by me saying it there were a lot of years John had teams similar to what Jay Cutler just had.

This thread is getting ridiculous, some of you really need to stop talking out of your buttocks.

Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground!

Balls on the ground! Balls on the ground!

Johnny Bravo is def > Dexter's Lab but it doesn't come on enough
frown.gif
No sir, I can't go for that. Dexter's Laboratory was THAT show. And it had the ill spinoff cartoons. Dodgeball episode
pimp.gif

On topic, you dude is out your damn minds mentioning Revis with Deion. Maybe some of you aren't old enough to remember but I remember very clearly how teams refused to even throw the ball to his side of the field. If Revis is an Island, Deion is Jacob.

My heart aches.

P.S. - This thread is ludicrous. People are way too foolish with their statements around this time of year. I guess emotions run way too high when fans of 30 of the 32 teams realize their team isn't playing in the SB and talk a bunch of rubbish to make up for it or something.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

frown.gif
No sir, I can't go for that. Dexter's Laboratory was THAT show. And it had the ill spinoff cartoons. Dodgeball episode
pimp.gif
Nahhhhhh son Johnny Bravo's swag and his G w/ women > *

And I got Ed, Edd and Eddy coming in at 3rd to round off the top 3 Cartoon Network created toon shows.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 J Steezzz wrote:

sonunox34 wrote:
I swear some of you guys are hyping Deion off of nostalgia.

THIS
eyes.gif

I'm convinced that you two have never seen Deion play.

Watch the 2:22 mark, on this play Deion was trailing Irvin,he sped up outran Irvin and intercepted a pass that was supposed to be overthrown.

Originally Posted by JPZx

The only time I ever said "Super Bowl or Bust" was from Week10-Week12. Anytime before or after that I was just hoping to continue on our success from last year.

Someone answer me on this. Was the Miami Dolphins 2008 season a failure?

Are we done with this +!#%? I think the Vikings season was a success. Would I have liked to win the Super Bowl? Yeah. But it didn't happen. It's whatever. If Brett Favre returns, or if we somehow acquire McNabb from the Eagles like some are saying, then we could be right back here next year. It's all an unknown right now. We'll see, time will tell.

You clearly missed my point. To YOU, if the season wasn't a failure, thats AWESOME! But its irrelevant. The fact remains is that once your team acquired Favre you immediately became SB bound/favs. Therefore anything short of that is considered a failure because the expectations became higher once you acquired Favre. So you can tell yourself that your season wasn't a failure and try to ride the "my opinion" argument but at the end of the day, to the NFL, its players, and entire fanbase, the season was a failure. As stated before, the Cowboys of 2008 were SB favs because they came off a 13-3 winning seaosn and many considered the Giants game to be one of those games we could have/should have won. We entered the season SB bound. So not even getting into the playoffs was a HUGE failure. If we went to the playoffs, won a playoff game, and lost in the divisional round it would STILL be a failure because we went into the season with HIGH expectations. This year we went into the playoffs won a playoff game and lost in the divisional round and although its considered a failure because we didn't win the big chip, EXPECTATIONS were EXTREMELY low so it wasn't an issue in the least. We were a 7-9 team coming into the season with huge ?s marks because we got rid of our biggest playmaker and had no idea that Miles Austin would produce just as well as the guy we let go.

In regards to the calls in OT, just let it be. Refs decide big games all the time, word to the Stealers.

You gotta be kidding if you think Johnny Bravo was better than Dexter's Lab

Johnny Bravo is a damn good show but Dexter's Lab was my favorite

Originally Posted by RavageBX

frown.gif
pimp.gif
Nahhhhhh son Johnny Bravo's swag and his G w/ women > *

And I got Ed, Edd and Eddy coming in at 3rd to round off the top 3 Cartoon Network created toon shows.

Courage the Cowardly Dog >>>>>> those 3 buffoons any day of this week.

BTW, don't go into page 10 of the Super Bowl thread.  Fair warning, there's a statement in there worse than the ones in here
laugh.gif

Ayo got the 'Stealer' call, good one! Now with Roony and Obama best buds it's only going to get worse, national favors....

C'mon now

Back
Top Bottom