NFL Conference Championships In Review...

It is amazing that Favre only has one ring, I mean for as good as he has been with the teams, it just surprises me. 

Big Ben no, Brady no. Rivers and Rodgers are close, but after Rodgersjust put up 420 yards and 5 TD's in his first playoff game ever i givehim #3
 He is a good QB with a bright future, but let's not get too crazy.

As for the weekend, what is left to say.  Peyton vs. Brees is a great matchup, and this should HOPEFULLY be a good game.  This past decade has probably been best for Super Bowl games compared to any other....

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Originally Posted by JPZx

You're right, we did get what we wanted.

-Beating the Packers 2x (enlarging that for you and only you)
-Reaching two rounds deeper into the playoffs than last year (and two rounds deeper than the Packers this year
glasses.gif
)
-Favre enabling Rice to emerge and become a Top 15 receiver in the NFL.
-Favre enabling Visanthe Shiancoe to become a common name to every NFL fan (Visanthe Shiancoe is 3rd in TDs among all WRs and TEs since 2008, little stat for you Jacob Ehlers)
-Peterson getting 18 TDs because of Favre's potential to dissect defenses.

Are you really about to blame that loss on Favre? How about Peterson fumbling it 3x, Berrian 1x and Harvin 1x? Favre is still the man here in Minnesota, don't think that has changed. We want him back for sure.

Unlike your squad, we treat legends with respect.
Take him back then lol. Ending three seasons on an interception. 2 of them to lose the game in the NFC championship when he had the game in the bag going on to a Superbowl birth. He's only getting older which isnt helping.

This was your guys chance. You failed, have fun with him and all the drama.

Beating us twice doesn't mean anything. You didn't win the Superbowl. If you enjoy that more then winning the Superbowl then thats kewl i guess.

And the whole legend and respect thing. We have too many to count. I guess when you have that many your bound to get a Favre. Cant say the same for you. Hes a POS.
I enjoyed every bone crushing hit he took. Nothing put on a smile on my face more then watching him not being able to get up and limping off the field.

Nothing is lamer than taking pride in another mans pain. Glad you take things so personally, and instead of being proud of your team making the playoffs, nothing made you smile more than seeing favre fail. 

Originally Posted by kix4kix

-Reaching two rounds deeper into the playoffs than last year (and two rounds deeper than the Packers this year
glasses.gif
)
-Favre enabling Visanthe Shiancoe to become a common name to every NFL fan (Visanthe Shiancoe is 3rd in TDs among all WRs and TEs since 2008, little stat for you Jacob Ehlers)

Are you really about to blame that loss on Favre? How about Peterson fumbling it 3x, Berrian 1x and Harvin 1x? Favre is still the man here in Minnesota, don't think that has changed. We want him back for sure.

Take him back then lol. Ending three seasons on an interception. 2 of them to lose the game in the NFC championship when he had the game in the bag going on to a Superbowl birth. He's only getting older which isnt helping.

Beating us twice doesn't mean anything. You didn't win the Superbowl. If you enjoy that more then winning the Superbowl then thats kewl i guess.

And the whole legend and respect thing. We have too many to count. I guess when you have that many your bound to get a Favre. Cant say the same for you. Hes a POS.
I enjoyed every bone crushing hit he took. Nothing put on a smile on my face more then watching him not being able to get up and limping off the field.

Nothing is lamer than taking pride in another mans pain. Glad you take things so personally, and instead of being proud of your team making the playoffs, nothing made you smile more than seeing favre fail. 

what packer fan wouldnt smile at favre failing? dude is a traitor...plain and simple. i have the most respect for the guy but going to our biggest rival just to spite the packers....grow up. im going to fake retire from the jets so i can go play at minny....blah blah blah.... all i gotta say is that now you guys are screwed because you put it all on this season but came up short cause favre cant hold onto the ball......but congrats on a good season. real talk

cant wait for the season to start up next year...packers and vikings battling it out with the bears finishing last
pimp.gif

and yall will see steve young lite come out and thrash everyone
grin.gif

As much as it hurts to see the Jets lose, I'm glad to see people are actually giving the Jets credit instead of constantly bashing them.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm just happy that now the Vikings and their fans more importantly go back to being mediocre

The 49ers are quietly edging closer and closer to 10 years without a playoff berth. Mediocre? You'd know everything about that, wouldn't you?

Glad to see you among the land of the living champ.  I wasn't sure if you decided to end "it" after that devastating loss yesterday.  Yes you and your team go back to being mediocre, you know it, I know, and this entire message board knows it.  The magic carpet ride is over, you've been awaken from your dream, and the clock has finally struck midnight on Cinderella.  The Vikings tried to cash in on a legend this year and it just didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to at the end.  The Vikings might have sold more jerseys and home tickets this year in comparison to past years but now all of that is over, it's back to the drawing board.  So dust off your Tarvaris Jackson jersey cause he is now your quarterback of the future.  I know this years Super Bowl will be difficult for you to watch, but if by chance Manning or Brees get sacked during the game feel free to imitate Jared Allen's hog tie in your house if that's makes you feel closer to the Vikings being in the Super Bowl this year.

Also, I'm glad you bring up the past and the 49ers playoff record over the past few years.  With that being said how many Super Bowls have the Vikings won??  

I'm just happy that now the Vikings and their fans more importantly go back to being mediocre

The 49ers are quietly edging closer and closer to 10 years without a playoff berth. Mediocre? You'd know everything about that, wouldn't you?

Glad to see you among the land of the living champ.  I wasn't sure if you decided to end "it" after that devastating loss yesterday.  Yes you and your team go back to being mediocre, you know it, I know, and this entire message board knows it.  The magic carpet ride is over, you've been awaken from your dream, and the clock has finally struck midnight on Cinderella.  The Vikings tried to cash in on a legend this year and it just didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to at the end.  The Vikings might have sold more jerseys and home tickets this year in comparison to past years but now all of that is over, it's back to the drawing board.  So dust off your Tarvaris Jackson jersey cause he is now your quarterback of the future.  I know this years Super Bowl will be difficult for you to watch, but if by chance Manning or Brees get sacked during the game feel free to imitate Jared Allen's hog tie in your house if that's makes you feel closer to the Vikings being in the Super Bowl this year.

Also, I'm glad you bring up the past and the 49ers playoff record over the past few years.  With that being said how many Super Bowls have the Vikings won??  

Clapping.gif

nicely put...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

*deaded*

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

OK so maybe the Vikings beat themselves... you can't have that many turnovers but oh my... that OT drive...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get me started

First there was the "Pass Interference" on the completely uncatchable ball, the 4th and short, another pass that was not a catch but was ruled a catch. I'm sorry but the Saints were bailed out..

I'm really disappointed.... and Refs... how are you gonna let the game come down to all those terrible calls... WEAK

I don't care for the saints or the colts so I really have no interest in the Superbowl.
Ok lets revisit these calls in the OT drive.  On replay the PI call was pretty suspect, but since the defender never turned around to make a play on the ball and had his arms stretched out which looked like he pushed the reciever, that would probably have been called 90% of the time that happens.  The 4th and short, I don't see how you can not call that a first down, on replay half of his body is over the line before he is hit and knocked down, the ball never came loose and he was marked far enough in the first place.  Basically there was no way there was enough evidence to overturn that ruling on the spot of the ball.  The catch, the ball did bobble, but you never saw it hit the ground for sure.  That could have happened from his arm hitting the ground causing the ball to shift.  Now you see, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  You Vikings fans can talk about that bs all you want, but the fact is that if that same drive happend in any other game, 99% of the time it would of been called the exact same way.  They had their shot to put it away in regulation and Favre threw a pick so they couldn't even attempt the game winner.

ether.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by youngmoney

Originally Posted by kix4kix

glasses.gif
)

what packer fan wouldnt smile at favre failing? dude is a traitor...plain and simple. i have the most respect for the guy but going to our biggest rival just to spite the packers....grow up. im going to fake retire from the jets so i can go play at minny....blah blah blah.... all i gotta say is that now you guys are screwed because you put it all on this season but came up short cause favre cant hold onto the ball......but congrats on a good season. real talk

cant wait for the season to start up next year...packers and vikings battling it out with the bears finishing last
pimp.gif

and yall will see steve young lite come out and thrash everyone
grin.gif

I really don't resent Favre at all... he went to the team which gave him the best shot at winning.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

OK so maybe the Vikings beat themselves... you can't have that many turnovers but oh my... that OT drive...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get me started

First there was the "Pass Interference" on the completely uncatchable ball, the 4th and short, another pass that was not a catch but was ruled a catch. I'm sorry but the Saints were bailed out..

I'm really disappointed.... and Refs... how are you gonna let the game come down to all those terrible calls... WEAK

I don't care for the saints or the colts so I really have no interest in the Superbowl.
Ok lets revisit these calls in the OT drive.  On replay the PI call was pretty suspect, but since the defender never turned around to make a play on the ball and had his arms stretched out which looked like he pushed the reciever, that would probably have been called 90% of the time that happens.  The 4th and short, I don't see how you can not call that a first down, on replay half of his body is over the line before he is hit and knocked down, the ball never came loose and he was marked far enough in the first place.  Basically there was no way there was enough evidence to overturn that ruling on the spot of the ball.  The catch, the ball did bobble, but you never saw it hit the ground for sure.  That could have happened from his arm hitting the ground causing the ball to shift.  Now you see, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call on the field.  You Vikings fans can talk about that bs all you want, but the fact is that if that same drive happend in any other game, 99% of the time it would of been called the exact same way.  They had their shot to put it away in regulation and Favre threw a pick so they couldn't even attempt the game winner.

The ball def. came loose... He did not have possession of the ball at any point past the 1st down marker.

Lets see here...

Glad to seeyou among the land of the living champ.  I wasn't sure if you decidedto end "it" after that devastating loss yesterday.  Yes you and yourteam go back to being mediocre, you know it, I know, and this entiremessage board knows it.  The magic carpet ride is over, you'vebeen awaken from your dream, and the clock has finally struck midnighton Cinderella.  The Vikings tried to cash in on a legend this year andit just didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to at the end. The Vikings might have sold more jerseys and home tickets this year incomparison to past years but now all of that is over, it's back tothe drawing board.  So dust off your Tarvaris Jackson jersey cause heis now your quarterback of the future.  I know this years Super Bowlwill be difficult for you to watch, but if by chance Manning or Breesget sacked during the game feel free to imitate Jared Allen's hog tiein your house if that's makes you feel closer to the Vikings being inthe Super Bowl this year.

Also, I'm glad you bring up the pastand the 49ers playoff record over the past few years.  With that beingsaid how many Super Bowls have the Vikings won?? 

tx_lewis_greg.jpg

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

laugh.gif
*deaded*
display_image_GYI0058502859.jpg

Clapping.gif

nicely put...
article-0-06B72F5A000005DC-308_468x330.jpg

T1lyUM3g8j5oL8H.jpg

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
610x.jpg
Originally Posted by MPire

ether.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
capress-fbn_cowboys_vikings-143381125.jpg

nerd.gif

Why ya'll so mad, though?

Since Deuce King is predictable, lemme guess he's going to post a Favre interception from last night or Favre taking hits from last night as some type of rebuttal?

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.
WOW
That quote wasn't from me, but I don't see what is so absurd about it.  It's a known fact that Prime couldn't tackle for !%!+.

That quote was mine. Thanks Chester for nominating me, ur a real pal
happy.gif

It's not absurd and i'll stick by it.  You guys get gassed by primetime bc of his razzle dazzle dancing, but as a COMPLETE football player, gimme Revis over him ANYDAY
wink.gif
(gasp)

Lets see here...

Glad to seeyou among the land of the living champ.  I wasn't sure if you decidedto end "it" after that devastating loss yesterday.  Yes you and yourteam go back to being mediocre, you know it, I know, and this entiremessage board knows it.  The magic carpet ride is over, you'vebeen awaken from your dream, and the clock has finally struck midnighton Cinderella.  The Vikings tried to cash in on a legend this year andit just didn't quite work out the way you wanted it to at the end. The Vikings might have sold more jerseys and home tickets this year incomparison to past years but now all of that is over, it's back tothe drawing board.  So dust off your Tarvaris Jackson jersey cause heis now your quarterback of the future.  I know this years Super Bowlwill be difficult for you to watch, but if by chance Manning or Breesget sacked during the game feel free to imitate Jared Allen's hog tiein your house if that's makes you feel closer to the Vikings being inthe Super Bowl this year.

Also, I'm glad you bring up the pastand the 49ers playoff record over the past few years.  With that beingsaid how many Super Bowls have the Vikings won?? 

tx_lewis_greg.jpg

Originally Posted by KnockoutNed

laugh.gif
*deaded*
display_image_GYI0058502859.jpg

Clapping.gif

nicely put...
article-0-06B72F5A000005DC-308_468x330.jpg

T1lyUM3g8j5oL8H.jpg

Originally Posted by jrp44

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
610x.jpg
Originally Posted by MPire

ether.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
capress-fbn_cowboys_vikings-143381125.jpg

nerd.gif

Why ya'll so mad, though?
You qouted Deuce King but im not sure you read his post. He said the magic carpet ride is over the clock struck midnight. That magic carpet ride was your regular season which you just posted like 10 pictures from. JPZx its over...congrats on your regular season wins against the Packers 49ers etc. but you did not win Superbowl. Its over....JPZx

We arent mad, we are laughing.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

JPZ is a broken man right now
laugh.gif
How so? Ironically, the man who says "the Vikings are going to go back to mediocrity" and everyone who quoted him were beaten by the Vikings this season.

Just thought I'd point that out
laugh.gif

I'm really fine though.
laugh.gif
....go back to the first few pages of that Saints/Vikings game thread. 651akathePaul had to literally convince me over and over that we were going to win that game, I was having major doubts...didn't think we'd be able to emerge with the W. So I'm not taking it bad...almost expected it a little bit. I just think it's funny that a 49er fan is talking about mediocrity when this decade has been full of losing seasons for his squad.

Since Deuce King is predictable, lemme guess he's going to post a Favre interception from last night or Favre taking hits from last night as some type of rebuttal?

Yea but you're just arguing stuff posting pictures.  Not that much of a difference.

Carry on though.

You qouted Deuce King but im not sure you read his post. He said themagic carpet ride is over the clock struck midnight. That magic carpetride was your regular season which you just posted like 10 picturesfrom. JPZx its over...congrats on your regular season wins against thePackers 49ers etc. but you did not win Superbowl. Its over....JPZx
That's cool. I realize it's over. Where have I complained or put the blame anywhere but the team? I've solely placed the blame on the Vikings own personnel for the loss yesterday. What people don'trealize is that this team exceeded my 2009 expectations tremendously.

Ya'll have to realize that we as Vikings fans were heading into theseason with Sage Rosenfels and Tarvaris Jackson as our starting QBs.

Horrible. Awful. Disgusting.

With that in mind, making it to the NFC Championship game and being apart of the "FinalFour" is a MAJOR success in my eyes. Some of ya'll need to stopputting so much emphasis on Super Bowls. Sure, you might believe I'm onlysaying that because the Vikings don't have even one,but I'm serious. You can't just turn over a new leaf over night. Youhave to improve every season and work towards the ultimate goal by making gradual improvements every season.

Check this out:

2006: 6-10
2007: 8-8
2008: 10-6 (Won Division, Lost in Wild Card Round)
2009: 12-4 (Won Division, Lost NFC Championship)

That's steady improvement every year. Back in 2006 when the Vikings were a6-10 ballclub, I was pissed off like a lot of you Raider, Chief, Brownsfans, etc. are right now. At that point, if someone had told me (in 2006) that three years from now my teamwould be playing in OT of the NFC Championship Game, I would have taken that in heartbeat or I would have called that person a liar.

Every year is not about the Super Bowl. You may think it is, and youmay say if you don't win the Super Bowl that particular season is not a success,but I really think that's a wrong way of looking at things. The Dolphins, 1-15 in 2007, were 11-5 in 2008. Now,they lost in the Wild Card Round that year, but would you really mark theirseason a failure because they didn't reach/win the Super Bowl? Nah,that season was a success.

I have no problem with the Vikings failing to win the Super Bowl thisyear. I would have loved it for reasons that are obvious, but if we just continue to show improvement we will be there at some point. That's all I'masking for as a fan right now.

Back
Top Bottom