NFL Conference Championships In Review...

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Which one of these should be quote of the week?

Exhibit A: Extremely gassed Jets fan
I'll say this,Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis overhim bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling,coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.

I am speechless. I'ma go head and take a break from S&T until tomorrow. Holla at y'all boys later.

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Originally Posted by nnarum

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

-The Vikings had that game in the palm of their hands and let themselves lose the game.
- I hope Brett Favre decides to call it quits, because it's getting really annoying/old right now.
Why? He proved even at 40 he can lead a team to wins. Granted it didn't turn out the way we wanted as Viking fans, but he is not the reason we lost. He turns in his BEST season as a pro, and you all want him to go away...
smh.gif

One other note... The INT did NOT directly lead to the loss... If they don't have 12 people in the huddle, they don't pass. Game goes in to OT and is up for grabs again.

Hate to break it to you but there would have been a penalty regardless.  Favre was calling for a time out when they had just spent one right before, and there hadn't been a play ran between the timeouts.  Say what you want, Favre lost the Vikings their best shot at winning the game.  And hey if he goes back another year I am fine with that, because I don't see him having the energy to put up another season like this.  You could tell that he was extremely drained and looked pretty bad in the press conference after the game.

Hate to break it to you that they wouldn't have called that second time out if there weren't too many guys in the huddle... Just bone headed plays one after another.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Which one of these should be quote of the week?

Exhibit A: Extremely gassed Jets fan
I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.
Exhibit B: Vikings fan that forgot what Brett Favre does in the postseason
Favre won't slip up. He's playing great and has no reason to play stupid with the weapons he has. People waiting for his self destruction will be disappointed.
Exhibit C: Very nervous Brady rider
for the sake of my brady argument i need the saints to win

laugh.gif
chester...he proves a point by what people say 

i cant wait to see his end of the year project
pimp.gif

loved both games...love seeing rex ryan in defeat...i really cant stand this guy...hell of a coach but hes a cocky dude and of course brett favre loved seeing him with a clutch interception!!!!
roll.gif
...hang em up!
pimp.gif

congrats to the colts and saints...i respect and i am a fan of peyton and i think hes gonna take it this year to solidify him as one of the greatest to ever play BUT i am sort of rooting for saints on this one...overall both teams are alright in my book

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

I'll say this, Deion was the ultimate shutdown corner, but i'll still take Revis over him bc he is the more COMPLETE corner ala open field tackling, coverage, speed, seeing the football before the receiver does.
WOW
That quote wasn't from me, but I don't see what is so absurd about it.  It's a known fact that Prime couldn't tackle for !%!+.

im glad for N.O. and their fans.

bourbon st. gonna be off the chain these next two weeks
pimp.gif

The whole Vikings offense dropped the ball in this game. I'm frustrated with Favre's interception, but it's hard for me to not overlook AP and his fumble problems. I said way way back that Childress should have benched Peterson instead continuing to nurture him or else it would hurt come playoffs....And it did. I do not want this guy on the field until he figures this out. It's ridiculous.

Favre was courageous in this game and it's been a joy to see him in purple this year. I hope he doesn't retire because he's amazing. I know the hatred is strong on this thread, but this man straight up carried this team to where they got and by all means did not lose the game for the Vikings. Stupid play, yes, and that's just the way it is, but the whole team whacked out in this one.

On a sidenote. I had an adventure watching this damn game. Flippin' power went out at my place right before the Bush fumble and had to sit in my car to hear the Vikings fumble at the goal line. I then scrambled over to a pub to watch the second half where after one drink I needed a refill and the stupid $!%!# bartender gave me a Seahawks mug when I said I didn't want it. At that point the fumbles started again and ultimately the game was lost. Curse?

is there something AP can do to help with the fumbling, like change the way he holds the ball? didn't tiki used to have issues and then coughlin or his staff corrected his grip on the ball? some giants fan was saying something along those lines yesterday at the bar.

Originally Posted by emkay

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

WOW
That quote wasn't from me, but I don't see what is so absurd about it.  It's a known fact that Prime couldn't tackle for !%!+.
Deion was the best corner in the game for a solid decade, and set the standard for a shutdown corner. Revis has what 2 shutdown years, yeah Revis can tackle, and Prime seemed allergic to hitting people. I'll still take Nnamdi over Revis, where as no corner would even think of being compared to Deion. Offenses were scared to even look Deion's way, where as people still try Revis, as foolish as it seems.

Good games yesterday. 

Props to the Jets for their run.  At 17-6 I thought maybe they were going to pull it off.  But Peyton was a damn machine in that second half. 

Favre with another ridiculous play.  lol, I can't even believe he threw that, but he's done that his whole career. 

Brees vs Manning will be an awesome game.  Should be high scoring, and hopefully well played.  Both QB's can add to their legacy after this one. 

Both #1 seeds makin it for a change too. 
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

I'm just happy that now the Vikings and their fans more importantly go back to being mediocre
The 49ers are quietly edging closer and closer to 10 years without a playoff berth. Mediocre? You'd know everything about that, wouldn't you?

Vikings fans...You wanted Favre, you got what was expected.

I mean when the Packers lost we took heat cause we couldn't really talk while you guys were still in the playoffs.
Favres done weather he plays or not next year.

How does it feel knowing the Packers and their 25 year old Qaurterback have a better chance at winning the Superbowl in the coming years then the Vikings do at winning their first ever in the history of the game?

You can have fun now dealing with Favre and his drama all year long. We're gonna stay low key with erin.

Edit: Real talk though all trash talk aside...looking through mock drafts im not seeing Colt Mcoy as high as i thought he would be. Things could change, i personally think hes the best in the draft. Id try to get him if i were you guys.

You're right, we did get what we wanted.

-Beating the Packers 2x (enlarging that for you and only you)
-Reaching two rounds deeper into the playoffs than last year (and two rounds deeper than the Packers this year
glasses.gif
)
-Favre enabling Rice to emerge and become a Top 15 receiver in the NFL.
-Favre enabling Visanthe Shiancoe to become a common name to every NFL fan (Visanthe Shiancoe is 3rd in TDs among all WRs and TEs since 2008, little stat for you Jacob Ehlers)
-Peterson getting 18 TDs because of Favre's potential to dissect defenses.

How does it feel that Favre's best statistical season was with the Vikings? He spent 16 years with you guys, 1 year with us, and he has his best year of his career with us.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Are you really about to blame that loss on Favre? How about Peterson fumbling it 3x, Berrian 1x and Harvin 1x? Favre is still the man here in Minnesota, don't think that has changed. We want him back for sure.

Unlike your squad, we treat legends with respect.

Did I jump on the Packers after letting the Cardinals put half a 100 on the board? Nah. Sports are not life and death with me sir like they are with you. There's always next season. It's obvious you've had that response ready to go since the beginning of the playoffs and you just stayed in the shadows hoping to get the chance to use it.

Corny.
He's only getting older which isnt helping.
Say word?

1s1hzp.jpg

2009 at Age 40.....hmm lets seeeee
what a drop-off
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

You're right, we did get what we wanted.

-Beating the Packers 2x (enlarging that for you and only you)
-Reaching two rounds deeper into the playoffs than last year (and two rounds deeper than the Packers this year
glasses.gif
)
-Favre enabling Rice to emerge and become a Top 15 receiver in the NFL.
-Favre enabling Visanthe Shiancoe to become a common name to every NFL fan (Visanthe Shiancoe is 3rd in TDs among all WRs and TEs since 2008, little stat for you Jacob Ehlers)
-Peterson getting 18 TDs because of Favre's potential to dissect defenses.

Are you really about to blame that loss on Favre? How about Peterson fumbling it 3x, Berrian 1x and Harvin 1x? Favre is still the man here in Minnesota, don't think that has changed. We want him back for sure.

Take him back then lol. Ending three seasons on an interception. 2 of them to lose the game in the NFC championship when he had the game in the bag going on to a Superbowl birth. He's only getting older which isnt helping.

This was your guys chance. You failed, have fun with him and all the drama.

Beating us twice doesn't mean anything. You didn't win the Superbowl. If you enjoy that more then winning the Superbowl then thats kewl i guess.

And the whole legend and respect thing. We have too many to count. I guess when you have that many your bound to get a Favre. Cant say the same for you. Hes a POS.
I enjoyed every bone crushing hit he took. Nothing put on a smile on my face more then watching him not being able to get up and limping off the field.

"If it is [my last game], it is no doubt I'm on top."-Brett Favre after he just threw an interception to cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl.

Damn that quote is familiar....

Disown [that lame] Jehlers, and I'll get back to my normal self.

roll.gif
  It's so damn funny when people get after Pack fans for the differences that he had with management
laugh.gif

I know you're upset about last night JPZ but cmonnn son.
laugh.gif

I don't see how anything could have worked out better with Favre leaving the Packers.
His career was over.
Got Aaron started at the perfect time. How often do you you lose a HOF QB just to have a top 5 QB 2 years later.
We got Clay Mathews because of the Favre deal
He tried making the Packers orginization salty by going to the Vikings, got their hopes up, then destroyed them with a typical game ending pick.

Here we go with the Top 5 again...

And since I know you're going to go with the typical response "Name 5 Better!"....

1. Peyton Manning
2. Drew Brees
3. Tom Brady
4. Philip Rivers
5. Ben Roethlisberger

aglskujtglkgjs Why do you care about what I think so much anyway? Calling me out via PM, then all the Vikings fans in this thread
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Big Ben no, Brady no. Rivers and Rodgers are close, but after Rodgers just put up 420 yards and 5 TD's in his first playoff game ever i give him #3

Regardless he is very very good. And i wouldnt want anyone else on my team when looking at his future.
Either way, the point is, QBs this good dont usually fall in your lap like this when you lose a HOFer.

I care because to a Packers fan, the Vikings are the most hated franchise in sports. You gave Packers fans ##%# all year and hyped the Vikings. Now that you lost the way you did with the QB you have im laughing.

I didnt even call you out via PM, i just asked you how buisness went this week. I did it to nnarum too. Posting "business as usual" every week like you guys are coasting to a ring.

You never answered me though. How did business go?

If you haven't noticed, the Vikings had the right to be hyped this season. We are making preparations for the Super Bowl right now if we hadn't beat ourselves yesterday. 2 INTs, 5 fumbles, ugh. We just made mistakes at the worst time possible. Never before have we had a game like that this season. Other than the turnovers, we thoroughly outplayed the Saints. We beat them in every stat category other than turnovers, I believe.
Either way, the point is, QBs this good dont usually fall in your lap like this when you lose a HOFer.
Steve Young-lite.

OK so maybe the Vikings beat themselves... you can't have that many turnovers but oh my... that OT drive...
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
Don't get me started

First there was the "Pass Interference" on the completely uncatchable ball, the 4th and short, another pass that was not a catch but was ruled a catch. I'm sorry but the Saints were bailed out..

I'm really disappointed.... and Refs... how are you gonna let the game come down to all those terrible calls... WEAK

I don't care for the saints or the colts so I really have no interest in the Superbowl.

Back
Top Bottom