New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by hunter2k4

still think C. Billups should be looked at... he's a veteran point guard that know how to win and still has plenty left in the tank... 

193502_o.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

You guys need to DEAD this Billups talk.  Please. 

I think Bynum is the one that gets moved.  Bottom line, he's not even all that safe post Kobe era. 

Kobe has 2 years left, same as Pau and Ron.  Window is 2 years, after that Bynum would take over (in theory)  I still think Kobe plays another year or two after that, but of course by then not be even close to what he is now.  Bynum will be 26-27 at that point, with a decade in the league, and a billion injuries.  We don't even know if his body will get to 30 in good shape.  It's flat out ridiculous we've got 16 solid years out of Kobe, with maybe 1-2 more, I HIGHLY doubt we're gettin that same return from Bynum. 

So, we move him.  We could get more for Bynum right now than we could for Pau.  Younger, cheaper, and not considered soft.  Pau may get us 2-3 decent players to make us deeper, Bynum could get us an elite talent + 1-2 other assets, be it young players, or picks whatever.  So basically, we build for this 2 year championship trying window, and worry about 2015 and what not later. 

I'm talking outside of a straight Bynum/Dwight swap by the way.  If that's on the table, that's the deal, we all know that, but assuming that deal dies, Bynum for ____ will net us a greater return than Pau for ______  if that makes sense.  Besides, putting Pau back in the post may just be what we need for him to play to his capabilities again anyways. 

We'll see.  Guess it depends on how bad Buss really wants Bynum to be the face of the Lakers. 

Agreed with all that

Quick question, if D12 can be obtained by only sending Drew out, would y'all still look to move pau?
nerd.gif

Depends on the deal.  If it's a cleaner, straighter Drew for Dwight, and maybe filler, a bench guy, or a kid, Goude or something, whatever.  But if it took Drew and say Ron or Sessions (not likely, just example) then we might need a second move to backfill those voids. 

That's why I tweaked PMatic's Josh Smith deal.  I don't want Josh with Bynum, but if we had Howard, then I would want to move Pau for Josh. 

Pau could work with Dwight, but not sure I want another year of him roaming the outside again.  He plays better at the center spot, down low, every single possession.  If Drew or Dwight are here, then might as well move Pau along. 

If we moved Bynum for Deron, then suddenly Pau is just fine at the C spot and we move forward for the next 2-3 years. 

Ska won't agree, think he's pretty much done with Pau, but Pau can still be useful on the block, we just can't have the 2 seven footer thing again, that neutralizes Pau a lil bit imo. 

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

still think C. Billups should be looked at... he's a veteran point guard that know how to win and still has plenty left in the tank... 

193502_o.gif

He's out til January now... I wanted him.. But ya'll can have him.

Say the deal is Bynum & filler (not named Sessions or Hill because I'd decline that trade in a second. Magic have no leverage to demand that.) for Howard. (Apparently when they threatened to trade Dwight here in March, it was Bynum, Blake & Ebanks + pick for Howard)

I still trade Pau..

Pau needs to be traded regardless of what happens...

And I would give it up on these Deron trades.. Trading Deron for Bynum would be a disaster. Not because Deron isn't a top 5 PG and would be great help.. Having Pau as our sole big man
sick.gif
. Bynum needs to be traded for a big

Hopefully that Iggy deal comes up again.. I'm saying a three team deal where Pau is sent to theoretically Minnesota.. We get Iggy & Derrick Williams in return...
I would
coach-o.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

193502_o.gif

He's out til January now... I wanted him.. But ya'll can have him.
Bledsoe can fill in nicely until January
pimp.gif

The Bynum trade talks sound silly. There is no way the Lakers FO trades Bynum for ANYONE.
You just don't trade the only 1 of 2 dominant young big men that just had career highs in every category.

Mitch almost said it himself in his exit interview, he said they were very pleased with him this year, he just needs

Bynum to "talk better in the media" and bring it every night. Thats pretty much the consensus that I get from Jim, Mitch, & MB.

Bynum will not be getting traded unless the magic send JJ & Ryan with Howard lol

In all of our "fantasy trades" we forget to take into account risk vs reward...which leaves me to wonder why anyone 

would want Howard on this team, he doesn't even want to be here!

D12 has been at this same level for about 4 years now without ever developing any sort of offensive game or free throws.

He is the best defensively, no denying that. But Bynum isn't that far off and he has really only reached the tip of what he could be.

He could have been at this point already if it wasn't for his injuries. 

The gripe everyone has about Bynum is him bringing it every night and maturity. We all know he is going to work on his game and most likely 

be a true beast next year (this includes handling the double, patience in the paint, etc.). Everything this year was literally new for him.

You can't say the same about D12, as a big man he might have reached his peak. Trading Bynum for D12 has a higher risk than reward. Thats why

he will not be getting traded. 

Besides you can always pick up that team option (which Mitch already said he would) and see how he is around the ASG and pull the trigger.

If you guys do get Andre Iguodala, where does that leave MWP? I actually think a team with Andre and Josh Smith paired with Bynum makes ya'll a tough match up.

Sessions
Kobe
Andre
Smith
Bynum

That' a nice lineup.

If we get Iggy D Will, and manage to keep one of the Bigs, that would be awesome. I guess d will would get that number 8
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

If they make this happen then the Lake show will be in good hands
wink.gif

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

If we get Iggy D Will, and manage to keep one of the Bigs, that would be awesome. I guess d will would get that number 8
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

If they make this happen then the Lake show will be in good hands
wink.gif
Getting D12 and DWill and Iggy and firing Mike Brown. That would be nuts. 
pimp.gif

Back to dreaming in Lakerland. 
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
frown.gif

Billups? Yall must be on that pure uncut top shelf Colombian coca to even consider that. Why do you think we got rid of Fisher?

Time out, what if we get Iggy, Dwill AND Dwight?!
laugh.gif
we'd probably have to trade the coach and two ball boys for all that.

I said Iggy & Derrick Williams.. Some of y'all have high hopes.. And by high I mean straight up impossible

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

man yall really turned on that "trade override" on 2k Association, lol

Weird day when I become the sane one when discussing moves
roll.gif

CP:
Mike Brown has had Lebron, and Kobe.  Not a single other coach I name will have had them.
Yeah, but they've had some pretty damn good players.
laugh.gif
Stockton, Malone, AK-47, Yao, Tmac, CP3, Kidd, Deron, Jesus, BRoy... but I can already hear the passes regarding players. "Injured; coach gets a pass." "Past his prime; coach gets a pass." "No talent around him; coach gets a pass."
laugh.gif
CP:
So save the passes.
Yeahno.
laugh.gif

Monty Williams:
- lead those 'hard working bums' to a winning percentage just below .320 this past season: BUT HE GETS A PASS, b/c they had no talent.
- had CP3 & a far more talented roster the year before, but barely won over 50% (.561) of the games; BUT HE GETS A PASS, it was his first year.
Clearly a perfect fit; no flaws whatsoever.

Nate Mcmillan:
- lotta missed playoffs & 1st round exits here; BUT HE GETS A PASS, cuz he didn't have Lebron or Kobe

Jeff Van Gundy:
- in 9 full NBA seasons, was most known for his Knicks days, where he made it to 1 Finals, winning 1 game: BUT HE GETS A PASS, because winning 1 game is more than getting swept.
- also, HE GETS A PASS because of those pesky Bulls, right? (even though the Bulls only ended his season once)
- first 2 seasons w/ Houston? 1st round exits; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because it's really hard to just walk into a team & get past the 1st round (
nerd.gif
), and the 2nd year, he had Tmac. Not his fault.

Byron Scott:
- season before he joined the Nets: 31-51.  Once he joined: 26-56 (that's worse, right?). BUT HE GETS A PASS, because the team was in disarray.
- gets Kidd, and it's off to the Finals! To get swept, which is apparently criteria for being terrible; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because it was against our beloved Lakers
- joined a Hornets team filled w/ talent & no discipline, where the best he did in 5 seasons was a 2nd rd. exit; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because he had a bad rap from his previous gig (
nerd.gif
)

Brian Shaw:
- no HC experience whatsoever; BUT HE GETS A PASS, since 'inexperienced HC' is not the same as 'terrible HC'

Rick Adelman:
- I'm just going to be completely sarcastic here. This dude was the HC of one of the top 'mental ******' teams I've ever seen. That Kings team had the metal fortitude of a bunch of kindergarteners. Flopping all over the place, whining all the damn time, crying on each other's shoulders... yeah, THAT'S a good look for us; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because he had the Rockets playing hard when he was there.

Jerry Sloan:
- Stockton + Malone for 17 seasons, (along w/ some VERY impressive role players) and no rings; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because there was a guy named Mike Brown on the team for some of those years
Deron + AK47 for a few seasons, nothing to show for it; BUT HE GETS A PASS, because he didn't have Lebron or Kobe

Kobe's exit interview will be later with Kupchak over lunch and no press interview afterwords.
The Times' Mike Bresnahan reports Kobe Bryant plans to have his exit meeting with Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak and Coach Mike Brown later this week over lunch at an undisclosed location. Bresnahan reports Bryant wanted a little more time to decompress from the Lakers' loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder in the Western Conference semifinals.  He also wanted more time with Kupchak and a meeting away from the training facility would offer more than the typical half-hour exit interview session.

Ska, I said no Jerry Sloan, Scott went to back to back NBA Finals, Monty Will had Paul for 1 season, and um, Adelman coaches the Wolves, not the Rockets.  McHale coaches the Rockets. 

I mentioned Lebron and Kobe, you gave me AK47, Yao, BRoy, and some other dudes.  Ummmmmmmmmm 
laugh.gif

My question to YOU would be, your money, your team, do what you wish, you have Adelman, Scott, Monty, Van Gundy, McMillan, Shaw, and Brown.  Put them in order, and don't you dare lie, give me the coaching wish list YOU would go with in order.  As an example from me. 

Van Gundy
Scott
Monty
Adelman
McMillan
Shaw
Vannessa
Brown

What order would you go.  So help me if you put Brown #1.......
laugh.gif

CP:
Ska, I said no Jerry Sloan
Someone else mentioned Sloan, too.
CP:
Scott [color=#ff0010y]Kidd[/color] went to back to back NBA Finals
Fixed... and you know it. Kidd ran that team.
CP:
Monty Will had Paul for 1 season
And? MB has had Kobe for one season. *please say what I want you to say* "He had Lebron for years, though!" AND THAT TEAM WAS CRAP!! THAT'S WHY EVERYONE & THEIR MOM KNEW BRON WAS GONE!
laugh.gif
MB was given Lebron and some dudes WORSE than the guys a few quotes down! He had to start... DANIEL... GIBSON.
sick.gif
laugh.gif
The Cavs effort to keep Bron was hinged on guys like a shell of a Shaq, busted %#$ Jamison, and Mo effing Williams. You really wanna hold it against him that he failed w/ the failure of a hand he was dealt?
CP:
Adelman coaches the Wolves, not the Rockets.
My bust. I've fixed my reply on that part now.
CP:
I mentioned Lebron and Kobe, you gave me AK47, Yao, BRoy, and some other dudes.  Ummmmmmmmmm 
laugh.gif

I see you left out the HOFers I mentioned. Good call, slick.
laugh.gif
wink.gif
CP:
My question to YOU would be, your money, your team, do what you wish, you have Adelman, Scott, Monty, Van Gundy, McMillan, Shaw, and Brown.  Put them in order, and don't you dare lie, give me the coaching wish list YOU would go with in order.  As an example from me. 

Van Gundy
Scott
Monty
Adelman
McMillan
Shaw
Vannessa
Brown

What order would you go.  So help me if you put Brown #1.......
laugh.gif

So disrespectful, I swear.
laugh.gif

Van Gundy
Monty/Mike
McMillan
Scott
Adelman
Shaw

Back
Top Bottom