New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

There is no official word yet whether Comcast or any other cable provider will be carrying Time Warner SportsNet.

I think they have SportsNet in other regions, but I'm not able to find whether non-TW cable providers also carry the channel.

Whatever the case, the channel will be a regional network like FSN and FSN PT. So if you're asking about League Pass from outside of SoCal, then it should amost certainly be there.

people are not giving jamison the respect he deserves.. it's all about dwight and nash, but jamison is perhaps the most important.. nash gives them an upgrade at pg, howard upgrade at center, but jamison is more crucial for the lakers bench

people are not giving jamison the respect he deserves.. it's all about dwight and nash, but jamison is perhaps the most important.. nash gives them an upgrade at pg, howard upgrade at center, but jamison is more crucial for the lakers bench

Having watched Jamison for a good chunk here in DC....you guys are getting a real pro. He brings it every night and plays both ends of the floor and gets those unconventional/hustle points too. Great pick up and he has good veteran leadership. He will be solid with Nash and Kobe.

As of today (Roster).. 13 players allowed to be on active roster:

PG:
Steve Nash
Steve Blake
Chris Duhon
Darius Morris

SG:
Kobe Bryant
Jodie Meeks

SF:
Metta World Peace
Devin Ebanks

PF:
Pau Gasol
Antwan Jamison
Earl Clark

C:
Dwight Howard
Jordan Hill

14th guy - Robert Sacre (From all reports they are extremely high on Sacre)

Guys missing out: Andrew Goudelock & Darius Johnson Odom... Only 1 is allowed to be kept.. From everything I've read since Friday... Darius has the edge.

Last edited:
Alright, CP, I owe you an apology. :lol:

Honestly, when I threw you in w/ Do Be Doo & Xtralebronfan, it was because I honestly couldn't think of a Kobe stan, so I just threw down a Laker fan that I knew liked Kobe.

I should've thought harder & remembered knightngale, eliminating the need to try and think of a Laker/Kobe fan. :lol:

Honestly, I can't think of who the stans are. I know it's a bunch of you who are fans... chosen1, AG, 5am6oody, CP, westcoast, L2B, iLL... but stans? Nah.

man morris and duhon need to kicks rocks and let my dude g lock in

Morris actually is better than Goudelock at this point... You can see Morris is getting better whereas Goudelock came in a bit heavier, unconditioned and unfocused.

I agree with Duhon though..

As of today (Roster).. 13 players allowed to be on active roster:
PG:
Steve Nash
Steve Blake
Chris Duhon
Darius Morris
SG:
Kobe Bryant
Jodie Meeks
SF:
Metta World Peace
Devin Ebanks
PF:
Pau Gasol
Antwan Jamison
Earl Clark
C:
Dwight Howard
Jordan Hill
14th guy - Robert Sacre (From all reports they are extremely high on Sacre)
Guys missing out: Andrew Goudelock & Darius Johnson Odom... Only 1 is allowed to be kept.. From everything I've read since Friday... Darius has the edge.

I hope DJO makes it. Having another big body in Sacre would be nice, especially if dwight is out. Plus Sacre played kind of good in summer league.
I agree with Goudelock not making it, he came in heavy and attitude problem with coaches.

I think that Steve Blake and Duhon get turned into something by the deadline.

Alright, CP, I owe you an apology. :lol:
Honestly, when I threw you in w/ Do Be Doo & Xtralebronfan, it was because I honestly couldn't think of a Kobe stan, so I just threw down a Laker fan that I knew liked Kobe.
I should've thought harder & remembered knightngale, eliminating the need to try and think of a Laker/Kobe fan. :lol:
Honestly, I can't think of who the stans are. I know it's a bunch of you who are fans... chosen1, AG, 5am6oody, CP, westcoast, L2B, iLL... but stans? Nah.

Ima fan ska :frown:

Forever alone :frown:

:rofl: jp.

Oh, I forgot a ton, no doubt. Just listed the ones that came to mind real quick w/o looking through the thread. :lol:

i dont see possiblity of durant wanting to come to lakers at all, unless his friends are over in lakers. if lakers got harden and somehow ended up getting westbrook, he seems like hell be a thunder for the rest of his life unless something bad happens over there management wise

You put my name next to Doo's.

You put my NAME next to Doo's.

You put MY name, next to DOO's.

My name.....Doo.

Apology? Homie what'daya got in your wallet right now?

Keep the apology, I deserve cash, or credit cards or a gift card to Taco Del Mar or somethin. :lol:

Having watched Jamison for a good chunk here in DC....you guys are getting a real pro. He brings it every night and plays both ends of the floor and gets those unconventional/hustle points too. Great pick up and he has good veteran leadership. He will be solid with Nash and Kobe.
defense? Jamison? insert laughing gif

You put my name next to Doo's.
You put my NAME next to Doo's.
You put MY name, next to DOO's.
My name.....Doo.
Apology? Homie what'daya got in your wallet right now?
Keep the apology, I deserve cash, or credit cards or a gift card to Taco Del Mar or somethin. :lol:

My guy CP is never gonna forget that ska :lol:

Anybody know more details about the Lakers network? No information found if Comcast is providing and if all Lakers' games are exclusive to this channel does that mean I shouldn't even bother with NBA league pass this year?

Your NT profile says your in San Jose.The Laker new channel is a regional sports network. Simply put if you weren't getting at least FSN West for the Laker home games in the past and if you needed NBA League Pass to watch any Laker games that weren't on national TV then you won't be getting this new channel and you still will need NBA League Pass.

Last edited:
i dont see possiblity of durant wanting to come to lakers at all, unless his friends are over in lakers. if lakers got harden and somehow ended up getting westbrook, he seems like hell be a thunder for the rest of his life unless something bad happens over there management wise

If there's a Mitch, there's a way.

damn keep forgetting dwight is out til january. i guess we do need kmart kinda... maybe birdman? looks like nobody wants him

i forgot to say until dwight fully recovers. what is our starting lineup going to be??

Dwight's out until December, not January..

And until then..

Nash/Kobe/Metta/Jamison/Pau

Pau and Jamison play 35 & 27 respectively... Hill probably gets 22. Clark probably runs 12 minutes

As NobleKane said, and I've said KMart should be signed.. He could cut down Jamison to 22. Hill to about 18. And Clark would be out of the rotation.

Get him at vet level min. When Dwight comes back, get him down to a solid 15 minutes. If he doesn't fit, he'd be a good trade piece to a team battling to get the 6th-8th seed in January or February to combine with Duhon or Blake for a solid role player.

Last edited:
Re: the Thunder

In 3-4 years, the Thunder may have very well run their course. Whether it's a player or management, someone is bound to opt for some kind of change. It's hard to keep a set of 4 or 5 major players toegther for such a long time for numerous circumstances. So it's very well possible the Lakers could be in a position to nab one.

For example, if the Thunder don't win a championship soon, I could see them wanting to go "in a different direction" than Westbrook. (I do have a gut feeling about Westbrook & Kevin Love)

Of course, just a simple thought. I'm focused and excited for the team LA has now.

your right kmart would be good pick up

oh man i cant wait till tickets go on sale so i can go see them when they come in chicago :pimp: that would be my first game since 04 :smh:

Dwight's out until December, not January..
And until then..
Nash/Kobe/Metta/Jamison/Pau
Pau and Jamison play 35 & 27 respectively... Hill probably gets 22. Clark probably runs 12 minutes
As NobleKane said, and I've said KMart should be signed.. He could cut down Jamison to 22. Hill to about 18. And Clark would be out of the rotation.
Get him at vet level min. When Dwight comes back, get him down to a solid 15 minutes. If he doesn't fit, he'd be a good trade piece to a team battling to get the 6th-8th seed in January or February to combine with Duhon or Blake for a solid role player.

why would you cut down jamison's minutes even more if he is more productive than kmart and hill together??

why would you cut down jamison's minutes even more if he is more productive than kmart and hill together??

You don't want Jamison playing too many minutes.. He's 36.

When Dwight comes back anyway he'll be down to low 20s in minutes anyway..

With Kenyon, Jamison would also be moved into SF. Which is why I don't think he'll be a Laker (KMart)

Last edited:
Look lets just forget adding Kmart to the Lakers lol we have SOLID front court depth as it is. Plus Kmart already complained a ton last year about not getting enough time on the Clippers, how do you think he's going to feel backing up Dwight and Pau this year as opposed to DeAndre freaking Jordan.

BTW i just moved to Shanghai and they BETTER offer NBA league pass here. mofos here and their great firewall of china blocks EVERYTHING. took me awhile to even figure out how to log on here hahhaha

Back
Top Bottom