New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Found this while browsing LG :lol:

Funny readin HP on Twitter talkin about people simply downplayin what Mitch has pulled off.

Oh, we got Nash and Dwight for Bynum? Cool, who do we get next? What about our bench? Can we upgrade our coach? What're you gonna do for us next Mitch?

His point was any other fanbase would be delirious right now, and we in here huntin down some Meeks, and K-Marts, and Barbosa's cuz we ain't satisfied yet. :rofl: :rofl: He also said any other GM would have a job for life after this offseason.

We're ******g awesome. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :pimp:

Funny readin HP on Twitter talkin about people simply downplayin what Mitch has pulled off.
Oh, we got Nash and Dwight for Bynum? Cool, who do we get next? What about our bench? Can we upgrade our coach? What're you gonna do for us next Mitch?
His point was any other fanbase would be delirious right now, and we in here huntin down some Meeks, and K-Marts, and Barbosa's cuz we ain't satisfied yet. :rofl: :rofl: He also said any other GM would have a job for life after this offseason.

Who's HP ?

Last edited:

Who's HP ?

i just thought hp= 'how people'...it doesn't fit exactly, but couldn't think of anything else

If you ain't trying to sign everyone... You are not trying.... And that's what we expect... EVERYONE :pimp:

A little concerned about this LUXURY TAX

Don't worry about it..

One thing is clear... Jimmy is giving 1 last run at a title with Kobe for these 2 years.. Luxury tax be damned... He's not going to do this forever, but he has a 2 year window where he can...

Remember our TV deal alone gives the Lakers $200-250mil a year..

I think Metta will be amnestied before 2013-2014..

In 2014, we have only $9mil tied up in Nash. When Dwight resigns, he'll be in his second year at probably $18.8mil

That gives about $33-35 mil in cap space.

Mitch/Jimmy can go after 2 max players.. (I'm thinking they will make a huge run at a certain Heat player)... Will they be successful? Crazier things have happened..

Dwight + Nash + 2 max players = $60mil.

Then I think they will try to get Gasol & Kobe to sign for 1 LAST year at a small contract... I.e. $3mil each (we have full Bird Rights on them both, so we could actually offer whatever they want).. I don't know if they will or if they won't but I'm thinking that's what FO will try.

Then they'll have $5mil for a FULL MLE (Yes we'll have one of those)

Nash + Dwight + 2 Max + Kobe ($3mil) + Pau ($3mil) + MLE = $71mil

They'll then have 5-7 or so million to play with on the rest of the roster.. (That's if they tie themselves up in a MLE rather than a mini-MLE). If they use a mini-MLE they'd theoretically have unlimited amount.

Last edited:
Don't worry about it..
One thing is clear... Jimmy is giving 1 last run at a title with Kobe for these 2 years.. Luxury tax be damned... He's not going to do this forever, but he has a 2 year window where he can...
Remember our TV deal alone gives the Lakers $200-250mil a year..
I think Metta will be amnestied before 2013-2014..
In 2014, we have only $9mil tied up in Nash. When Dwight resigns, he'll be in his second year at probably $18.8mil
That gives about $33-35 mil in cap space.
Mitch/Jimmy can go after 2 max players.. (I'm thinking they will make a huge run at a certain Heat player)... Will they be successful? Crazier things have happened..
Dwight + Nash + 2 max players = $60mil.
Then I think they will try to get Gasol & Kobe to sign for 1 LAST year at a small contract... I.e. $3mil each (we have full Bird Rights on them both, so we could actually offer whatever they want).. I don't know if they will or if they won't but I'm thinking that's what FO will try.
Then they'll have $5mil for a FULL MLE (Yes we'll have one of those)
Nash + Dwight + 2 Max + Kobe ($3mil) + Pau ($3mil) + MLE = $71mil
They'll then have 5-7 or so million to play with on the rest of the roster.. (That's if they tie themselves up in a MLE rather than a mini-MLE). If they use a mini-MLE they'd theoretically have unlimited amount.

Ok cool I just hope we start another dynasty bk to bk to bk 3peat :smokin :nerd:

One prediction I'm going to make is:

I think by the time Gasol is in the final year of his contract in 2 years the Lakers during the 2013-2014 season will trade him for Kevin Love at the trade deadline.

We already heard the rumblings that he already is not happy and wants the T'Wolves to be contenders soon or else he wants out.

Gasol will have a HUGE expiring contract that and there are other expiring contracts we could package him with like Duhon or Blake with draft picks.

Then I think that same summer Harden will be a un restricted free agent if the Thunder cant extend him do to Westbrook & Durant already having MAX contracts and possibly Ibaka being on the books with a big contract.

I'd be more than happy if our big 3 after Kobe & Gasol retire is : Dwight, Harden, and Kevin Love.

Last edited:
One prediction I'm going to make is:
I think by the time Gasol is in the final year of his contract in 2 years the Lakers during the 2013-2014 season will trade him for Kevin Love at the trade deadline.
We already heard the rumblings that he already is not happy and wants the T'Wolves to be contenders soon or else he wants out.
Gasol will have a HUGE expiring contract that and there are other expiring contracts we could package him with like Duhon or Blake with draft picks.
Then I think that same summer Harden will be a un restricted free agent if the Thunder cant extend him do to Westbrook & Durant already having MAX contracts and possibly Ibaka being on the books with a big contract.
I'd be more than happy if our big 3 after Kobe & Gasol retire is : Dwight, Harden, and Kevin Love.

I like how you think.

I was thinking K love as well, but it just doesn't seem practical for the wolves to take an old Pau.
Harden I think will come if he becomes a free agent, he's from artesia, real close to LA.

I was thinking maybe Lebron, but that just doesn't make sense.

I hope the Lakers win now, and win big in 2013-2014 with regards to free agents.

I like how you think.
I was thinking K love as well, but it just doesn't seem practical for the wolves to take an old Pau.
Harden I think will come if he becomes a free agent, he's from artesia, real close to LA.
I was thinking maybe Lebron, but that just doesn't make sense.
I hope the Lakers win now, and win big in 2013-2014 with regards to free agents.

Good point.

But look at the trend lately on what these small market teams want in return when Superstars want out.

Orlando wanted cap space which they got in the Dwight trade.

Memphis wanted cap space when we traded for Pau which they got.

Also from a marketing point they will want him to pair with Ricky Rubio.Gasol will be 34 by then and probably have 2 or maybe 3 years left in him to help get Minnesota into the playoffs at least.

Good point.
But look at the trend lately on what these small market teams want in return when Superstars want out.
Orlando wanted cap space which they got in the Dwight trade.
Memphis wanted cap space when we traded for Pau which they got.
Also from a marketing point they will want him to pair with Ricky Rubio.Gasol will be 34 by then and probably have 2 or maybe 3 years left in him to help get Minnesota into the playoffs at least.

Ah Pau won't even be that old :lol:
From now on I'm going to be thinking that in two years we can prolly get K love :rofl:

This mix maker is one of the best ever. He now works for 2K Games & on the NBA 2K games.

LD2K.

Pau won't be traded because of Kobe.

He is Kobe's best friend. He rejuvenated Kobe's career so to speak. Kobe is loyal to him.

They'll both play 3 years then retire.. And Gasol will go to play in Europe, which he seems 100% adamant about doing.

That 3rd year. I think Kobe & Gasol take HUGE paycuts. I understand it's hard to believe, and Mitch may offer them larger contracts a la KG this year, but if he offered $3-5mil each they'd take it.

By the 3rd year. Kobe knows it's the end. He isn't going to play 35 minutes. And money needs to be spent elsewhere.

And 2014 will be the year of Lebron, I think it is very unlikely he doesn't opt out. And if Lebron hits the market, Mitch will get him no matter what he needs to kill to do it.

To go with the Fantastic 4, and the 1 Max Signing in 2014, I think they'll fill the bench with a bunch of cheap $3mil or less guys who can contribute at 20 minutes each position (similar to this year, but on a 5 position basis rather than 3 positions). If they're young it'll be a multi year, Old it'll be 1 year.

Then in 2015 they'll have space for 1 more max contract after Kobe, Nash & Pau officially retire.

I think it is highly possible that the Lakers will not be a Luxury team for 2 straight years in 2014 & 2015 :wow:

Last edited:
Since we all have been talking about Dwight for the past 3 days.

I forgot and will say this the one highlight I will always remember about Bynum during his time in the purple & gold:

:lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom