New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

:smh: :smh: :smh:

hey skip

Not sure if it's been said..

but do u guys realize that Dwight could be rockin those god awful adidas arm sleeves on both arms in either yellow or purple?
sick.gif

Wishful thinking, but no way in hell will Kobe and Pau resign at anything less than 10 mil after 2014. Hell KG and Duncan just signed 3 year extensions at 11 mil/season. Anything around 20 mil will be a great change from the 50 mil they'll make in the previous season :lol:

It would be weird if Bron was a Laker.
I was rooting against him for a minute :lol:
Him and Dwight :x
Too bad Durant isn't in that '14 class.

I forgot to ask.
I'm a SoCal resident and want to know what channel/ network will Lakers games be shown?
I'm on Dish Btw. Will I have to purchase the laker network?
Thanks

It's on Time Warner Sports.

They've yet to announce which other cable services (if any) will carry that station. So it's unknown if Cox, Dish, AT&T, etc. will carry them. It would be a ***** move if they didn't.

I believe the network launches in early October, so we should know by then, though they should announce it much sooner if they cared.

Last edited:
Pau won't be traded because of Kobe.
He is Kobe's best friend. He rejuvenated Kobe's career so to speak. Kobe is loyal to him.
They'll both play 3 years then retire.. And Gasol will go to play in Europe, which he seems 100% adamant about doing.
That 3rd year. I think Kobe & Gasol take HUGE paycuts. I understand it's hard to believe, and Mitch may offer them larger contracts a la KG this year, but if he offered $3-5mil each they'd take it.
By the 3rd year. Kobe knows it's the end. He isn't going to play 35 minutes. And money needs to be spent elsewhere.
And 2014 will be the year of Lebron, I think it is very unlikely he doesn't opt out. And if Lebron hits the market, Mitch will get him no matter what he needs to kill to do it.
To go with the Fantastic 4, and the 1 Max Signing in 2014, I think they'll fill the bench with a bunch of cheap $3mil or less guys who can contribute at 20 minutes each position (similar to this year, but on a 5 position basis rather than 3 positions). If they're young it'll be a multi year, Old it'll be 1 year.
Then in 2015 they'll have space for 1 more max contract after Kobe, Nash & Pau officially retire.
I think it is highly possible that the Lakers will not be a Luxury team for 2 straight years in 2014 & 2015 :wow:

Would you believe it though? LBJ + DWIGHT being LA's future super star? LOLZ

By that time, the MAMBA is just a dead arsh python, resting and not moving. lolz

Pau upped his stock big time, playing for Spain. People forget that Pau is pretty durable. I must say though, that Kevin Love's shooting at the 3pt arc proves to be very very beneficial in this offense, but we'll see how Brown works this so called Princeton look. lolz.

I still worry about LA's bench though, and hope this is NOT a REPEAT of the FAILED 4-HORSEMAN look a few years ago.

- Malone got injured
- Shaq and Kobe were at the end of the fuse with each other - they can downplay it but whatever came to a head in 04 was brewing for 6+ years
- Their bench was pretty bad
- Payton was actually a terrible fit - he was not a dependable outside shooter (necessary next to Shaq and Kobe) and didn't want to play in the triangle

It seemed pretty good on paper because you had a HOFer at every position - but their skill sets were not exactly the best fits (mainly Payton)

On paper, the skill sets for these Lakers fit extremely well.

I don't see any problems with the bench unless Antawn plays old and Meeks is an absolute bust. The Lakers aren't going to get a second starting lineup to come off the bench. They aren't getting a James Harden-quality star when they have 4 of them in the starting lineup.

Steve Blake is a solid (even good) backup PG, and he'll look like it now that his minutes won't be spent playing the backup 2. Jordan Hill is exactly the rebounder/energy guy needed.

Last edited:
- Malone got injured
- Shaq and Kobe were at the end of the fuse with each other - they can downplay it but whatever came to a head in 04 was brewing for 6+ years
- Their bench was pretty bad
- Payton was actually a terrible fit - he was not a dependable outside shooter (necessary next to Shaq and Kobe) and didn't want to play in the triangle
It seemed pretty good on paper because you had a HOFer at every position - but their skill sets were not exactly the best fits (mainly Payton)
On paper, the skill sets for these Lakers fit extremely well.
I don't see any problems with the bench unless Antawn plays old and Meeks is an absolute bust. The Lakers aren't going to get a second starting lineup to come off the bench. They aren't getting a James Harden-quality star when they have 4 of them in the starting lineup.
Steve Blake is a solid (even good) backup PG, and he'll look like it now that his minutes won't be spent playing the backup 2. Jordan Hill is exactly the rebounder/energy guy needed.

Bron is a one of a kind athlete let alone basketball player.

if he can get together with Kobe and learn footwork, post-moves, and longevity. he would bring another ring to LA and his self

Mitch is already doing his Birdman hand rub at the possibility of getting Lebron in 2014. Kobe will probably be retired by then.

Back
Top Bottom