New Orleans Pelicans???

pelicans eat other birds too

You are right:

During periods of starvation, pelicans have been reported capturing and eating seagulls and ducklings.

I have a feeling the Atlanta Hawks aren't sweating it though. Still, I don't understand the need to make a nonthreatening bird looks vicious. I'm not going to take into account what a Pelican has had to eat recently when deciding my level of fear.

Last edited:
21f955406654563f1077d07c2fdb78de_large

ummm... I'm pretty sure that's John Wall.

This is obviously a fan mockup.

To be fair, the first time I heard OKC THUNDER I thought it was a complete fail, but it grew on me. This is as bad as a name as the Washington wizards. Wizards? Really?

People will get used to the name the same way they do with every team.

Magic, Thunder, Heat, Lakers, wizards, Nets, Suns, are all dumb names and that's just in the NBA

Magic, Thunder, Heat, Lakers, wizards, Nets, Suns, are all dumb names and that's just in the NBA

suns, nets and wizards are very dumb.
I think Magic, thunder, and heat are dope.

but PELICANS? No man. The bird is not intimidating, its a 3-syllabel word. It just doesnt work.

name has grew on me since it was first announced but i still dont see how the ownership would move forward with this after seeing the reaction of the public when it was first announced.

its so much culture in the city of new orleans and in my state overall. i feel like they could have come up with something more fitting. espec when they have trouble filling the arena...something cool and modern wouldnt have hurt for merchandising sakes

if they start winning non of this will matter tho

suns, nets and wizards are very dumb.
I think Magic, thunder, and heat are dope.

but PELICANS? No man. The bird is not intimidating, its a 3-syllabel word. It just doesnt work.
Pelicans is wayyy better than those "gatorade flavor" names.  I think it's dope.  Old-school but not boring like "bobcats" was.

To be fair, the first time I heard OKC THUNDER I thought it was a complete fail, but it grew on me. This is as bad as a name as the Washington wizards. Wizards? Really?[/quote

Same deal I thought "Thunder" was incredibly dumb but as time went by it just didnt ******g matter

To be fair, the first time I heard OKC THUNDER I thought it was a complete fail, but it grew on me. This is as bad as a name as the Washington wizards. Wizards? Really?
Oh no, the Thunder is still a dumb name, they need to change it along with the jersies

Basically. As long as the jersies arent terrible itll pass.

Last edited:
I like it.

I think US sports shoulda followed soccer in terms of team names/logos

Back
Top Bottom