Mitchell Report Press conference at 2; Clemens to be named

I'm surprised there isn't more pitchers on the list, they use them easily as much as any other other position. I'm not a huge baseball fan but thefact pitchers use steroids a lot pretty much levels out the playing field for any batter using them in my eyes.

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

This guy George Mitchell is a director for the Red Sox?...

I guess we won't see Shilling and Ortiz on the list...

Yeah and Jeter and Arod will probably be on it. Otherwise its gotta be a bogus report, right?

85lo8eq.jpg

Fernando Vina?

I'm kinda happy that Clemens is on this report. Barry Bonds has been nothing short of crucified over the past couple of years. Any finger pointed atClemens for a lot of the same things (minus the perjury) has been dismissed. This will all but solidify Barry's induction into Cooperstown. For all thebaseball "purists" who admired Clemens for gutting things out while in his 40's, they now can eat some crow. I mean Clemens had been a DOMINANTpitcher into his 40's. He only lost a couple MPH on his fastball between the ages of 25-42. That was unbelievable. How he escaped some of the questions isbesides me. True, Barry broke one of, if not THE most sacred record in all of MLB, but there was another guy who was accomplishing a lot in the latter stagesof his career who went "unnoticed" or was turned a blind eye to.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Apparently Pujols is actually on the real list.

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!

Are u really surprised? Do you not remember me posting side by side comparisons of 2006 & 2005?

No, I'm not. I'm just glad superstars that people love are showing up.

Originally Posted by l FR3SH l

Apparently Pujols is actually on the real list.

Yeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!

Are u really surprised? Do you not remember me posting side by side comparisons of 2006 & 2005?

No, I'm not. I'm just glad superstars that people love are showing up.

Why would you be glad about that
smh.gif
? You're still salty about the hatetowards Bonds aren't you.
Guys like Pujols, Clemens, and Bagwell disappoint me because I liked these guys. They should get the appropriate penalty if they are proved to usedperformance enhancers.
Guys I'm not surprised to see: Bonds, Sosa, McGwire. All are scumbags and liars.

roll.gif
@ Kruk saying that if he knew what steroids would have done for his career he probablywould have done them.

Any finger pointed at Clemens for a lot of the same things (minus the perjury) has been dismissed. This will all but solidify Barry's induction into Cooperstown. For all the baseball "purists" who admired Clemens for gutting things out while in his 40's, they now can eat some crow. I mean Clemens had been a DOMINANT pitcher into his 40's. He only lost a couple MPH on his fastball between the ages of 25-42. That was unbelievable. How he escaped some of the questions is besides me. True, Barry broke one of, if not THE most sacred record in all of MLB, but there was another guy who was accomplishing a lot in the latter stages of his career who went "unnoticed" or was turned a blind eye to.
WELCOME BACK HOME DoubleJs07!!

So I wondering how this press conference was going to go down; if Mitchell was just going to rattle off names or what.

I decided the funniest thing would be to have one of those ball tumbles, and pull out names and call them down like on Price is Right.

From the list already posted in the thread (whether legit or not):
  1. Brady Anderson (Kind of surprised, but not shocked)
  2. Manny Alexander
  3. Rick Ankiel (We already knew)
  4. Jeff Bagwell (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  5. Barry Bonds (This is the most surprising one to me. I had no clue, no suspicions, and no reason to believe he used anything other than fish liver and flax seed oil. Like he said. Because he wouldn't lie. Right?)
  6. Aaron Boone
  7. Rafael Bettancourt
  8. Bret Boone
  9. Milton Bradley (Temper, temper.)
  10. David Bell (No joke, this one shocked me.)
  11. Dante Bichette (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind. Even when dude was an Angel, I thought, "Son, something ain't right about you. You're too damn big.
    laugh.gif
    )
  12. Albert Belle (Temper, temper. But yeah, no surprise)
  13. Paul Byrd (Definitely surprised)
  14. Will Cordero
  15. Ken Caminiti (Already talked about it before passing, so I expected his name to appear.)
  16. Mike Cameron (DEFINITELY surprised. Like, "WH
    eek.gif
    A!"
  17. Ramon Castro
  18. Jose Canseco (Thank you. You're an arrogant,, airheaded, clumsy, doofus. But... thank you for bringing this to light, so hopefully in the next 10-15 years, we can have baseball back, and The Steroid Era can come to an end.)
  19. Ozzie Canseco
  20. Roger Clemens (Honestly... HONESTLY... how could you not know? Look at the dude.)
  21. Paxton Crawford
  22. Wilson Delgado
  23. Lenny Dykstra (W
    eek.gif
    W! This one shocked me.)
  24. Johnny Damon (Ditto)
  25. Carl Everett (Kind of shocked, but I kind of suspected him.)
  26. Kyle Farnsworth
  27. Ryan Franklin
  28. Troy Glaus (His name had already leaked over the summer, so I expected this. And when his name leaked, it was that he used with the Blue Jays... so I'm fine with that.
    laugh.gif
    )
  29. Rich Garces
  30. Jason Grimsley
  31. Juan Gonzalez (We already knew.)
  32. Eric Gagne (Already leaked.)
  33. Nomar Garciaparra (W
    eek.gif
    W!)
  34. Jason Giambi (Already knew.)
  35. Jeremy Giambi
  36. Jose Guillen (Temper, temper.)
  37. Jay Gibbons
  38. Juan Gonzalez (Already leaked.)
  39. Clay Hensley
  40. Jerry Hairston
  41. Felix Heredia, Jr.
  42. Darren Holmes
  43. Wally Joyner (Already admitted it. And [like Glaus], it wasn't with the Angels, so
    smokin.gif
    )
  44. Darryl Kile
  45. Matt Lawton
  46. Raul Mondesi (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  47. Mark McGwire (We already knew. Cardinalsin. "I'm just here to talk about the future."
    roll.gif
    )
  48. Guillermo Mota
  49. Robert Machado
  50. Damian Moss
  51. Abraham Nunez
  52. Trot Nixon (Shocking.)
  53. Jose Offerman
  54. Andy Pettitte (W
    eek.gif
    W!)
  55. Mark Prior (I had a feeling last night, when I saw that the Cubs declined to pick him up... the day before this report comes out.)
  56. Neifi Perez
  57. Rafael Palmiero (We already knew.)
  58. Albert Pujols (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind. The only people that thought he was clean are Pujols or Cardinals fans.)
  59. Brian Roberts
  60. Juan Rincon
  61. John Rocker (Temper, racist, temper.)
  62. Pudge Rodriguez (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  63. Sammy Sosa (We already knew.)
  64. Scott Schoenweiis (Dammit, if I see one more freaking former Angel...)
  65. David Segui
  66. Alex Sanchez
  67. Gary Sheffield (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  68. Miguel Tejada (Even though his name had been leaked over the summer, I still thought he was good. I don't know why, because it's not like I'm this huge Tejada fan or anything. I just, for some reason, thought he was good, despite the rumors.)
  69. Julian Tavarez
  70. Fernando Tatis
  71. Maurice Vaughn (Mo Vaughn. Another Angel. But yeah... how could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  72. Jason Varitek (Shocking.)
  73. Ismael Valdez
  74. Matt Williams (How could you not know? As soon as steroids talk started, his name was one of the ones in my mind.)
  75. Kerry Wood (Mark Prior and Kerry Wood were supposed to be the Cubs' franchise, but 'roids wore their bodies down. I'll believe that until I see hard evidence disproving that.)
And like KLJ said, even if the list is merely rumor at this point, that doesn't mean it's completelyinaccurate.

And FR3SH, act like you know that people only cite credible sources.
laugh.gif
Sources like Wikipedia or essays.com require no proper citation and don'tcount as credible sources. And neither does some dude that just names everydamnbody and then claims to be right when a few of his 1,000 doubts happened to landin the bulls eye.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

So I wondering how this press conference was going to go down; if Mitchell was just going to rattle off names or what.

I decided the funniest thing would be to have one of those ball tumbles, and pull out names and call them down like on Price is Right.
That would be classic right there.
laugh.gif

Houston had to know Tejada was on the list before they traded for him. His introduction press conference should be rather interesting.

Hope it's true about Clemens. he's always been a prick and i can't stand his crap.

"ummm....i think i'm ready to pitch now...for a contender...i mean... it is almost July now."

I think Kyle Farnsworth is the most obvious steroid user in baseball. He looks like that tall, goofy kid that got beat up in high school, but then he throws114 MPH and beats the life out of dudes. Revenge.

wow ...some really surprising names

andy pettite?!!

i honestly didnt think pujols was on the juice...damn shame

pudge on the list?

johnny damon!?

im seeing some yankee stars here man...really disappointing....yankees my team but right now im calling them the steriod empire instead of the evil empire haha

Back
Top Bottom