Miami Dolphins 2011 Season Thread: Thanx for the memories JT!

Originally Posted by Statis22

Congrats.

On the flip you gotta be encouraged on what you've seen from Chad Henne right?
Absolutely, but here's the thing.  Henne won't survive if new management comes in and we get a top 3 pick.  Not with Luck, Barkley, and Jones all there.  So the only thing I can hope for is he plays great, and we can trade him.  But guess what, nobody gonna give us @#$% for him. 

Although.....well, the rookie cap is lower now ain't it?  If we gave Luck/Bark/Jones 25 mil, we could sit them their rookie year and leave Henne in for another year I suppose.  It's not like giving him 60 mil and sitting him.  You get more value keeping him on the bench and teaching him and then try to get some snaps here and there where you can.  So we'll see, but either way, Henne playing well or not won't last much longer.  Whatever coach we get will want his guy, not Tony Sparano's. 

But I mean, we've seen cases even recently where new coaches keep the fired coaches QB out on the field (Jim Harbaugh/Alex Smith, John Fox/Kyle Orton, Pat Shurmer/Colt McCoy, Hue Jackson/Jason Campbell, etc.) And it's not like any of those quarterbacks are worlds better than Chad Henne.

But I mean, we've seen cases even recently where new coaches keep the fired coaches QB out on the field (Jim Harbaugh/Alex Smith, John Fox/Kyle Orton, Pat Shurmer/Colt McCoy, Hue Jackson/Jason Campbell, etc.) And it's not like any of those quarterbacks are worlds better than Chad Henne.

Yeah if the Dolphins bottom out I don't see them passing on Luck to keep Henne. Probably 50/50 on Barkley too.

A lot of those teams probably stuck with those options because there weren't any top tier QBs around when they drafted.

Yeah if the Dolphins bottom out I don't see them passing on Luck to keep Henne. Probably 50/50 on Barkley too.

A lot of those teams probably stuck with those options because there weren't any top tier QBs around when they drafted.

God we suck.....Henne's my guy but I would love to get Luck

Spo is a dead man walking. Bring on the chin.

Ireland, when you're on your next job interview, I hope they ask you "Is your mother a prostitute?" You stupid +*#$

God we suck.....Henne's my guy but I would love to get Luck

Spo is a dead man walking. Bring on the chin.

Ireland, when you're on your next job interview, I hope they ask you "Is your mother a prostitute?" You stupid +*#$

I see no situation where MIA takes Matt Barkley.

He's not big enough of an upgrade over Henne to warrant that selection, IMO (no homer).

EDIT: h3at, what's good?
pimp.gif

Haven't seen you on here in ages.  All the Heat hate scare you off?

I see no situation where MIA takes Matt Barkley.

He's not big enough of an upgrade over Henne to warrant that selection, IMO (no homer).

EDIT: h3at, what's good?
pimp.gif

Haven't seen you on here in ages.  All the Heat hate scare you off?

I'm looking at the schedule right now and the only two games I see us winning are at home against Denver and on the road against Kansas City and even that one may be difficult. Miami will definitely have a top-5 pick in the next draft.

I'm looking at the schedule right now and the only two games I see us winning are at home against Denver and on the road against Kansas City and even that one may be difficult. Miami will definitely have a top-5 pick in the next draft.

Suck for Luck! Suck for Luck!

I've been telling the homers for a while that Parcells ruined this team. He is to blame for this, nice try sneaking away Bill!

Suck for Luck! Suck for Luck!

I've been telling the homers for a while that Parcells ruined this team. He is to blame for this, nice try sneaking away Bill!

I think Parcells came in with a certain idea and direction, and then he left before finishing it. Jeff Ireland is a moron, I blame him more than Sporano. I honestly think Sporano is doing the best he can with what he has. Obviously the play calling and game plan seem to be coming up very short week after week, but the team is not THAT bad. I totally expected to lose to SD, so I'm not shocked.

Andrew Luck would be nice, but do you guys really see Miami finishing with the worst record in the league? I think they will mess up and win 3-4 games and miss out on Luck.

I think Parcells came in with a certain idea and direction, and then he left before finishing it. Jeff Ireland is a moron, I blame him more than Sporano. I honestly think Sporano is doing the best he can with what he has. Obviously the play calling and game plan seem to be coming up very short week after week, but the team is not THAT bad. I totally expected to lose to SD, so I'm not shocked.

Andrew Luck would be nice, but do you guys really see Miami finishing with the worst record in the league? I think they will mess up and win 3-4 games and miss out on Luck.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]throws hands up in the air........... walks away........... [/color]
30t6p3b.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]throws hands up in the air........... walks away........... [/color]
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom