Miami Dolphins 2011 Season Thread: Thanx for the memories JT!

Looking forward to seeing these rookies perform on Friday ..... other then that my expectations are pretty dull!

First Preseason game Friday. Can't wait
pimp.gif

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what these rookies can do. Hopefully the offense can come out and put together a good opening drive.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing what these rookies can do. Hopefully the offense can come out and put together a good opening drive.

We're not using Reggie to return punts. 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't care if Bess had a better avg per return, Reggie is the bigger threat.

We're not using Reggie to return punts. 
30t6p3b.gif

I don't care if Bess had a better avg per return, Reggie is the bigger threat.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]sheets was cut, finally, but they signed Larry Johnson...... ?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and Long is off the PUP and said to be fully healthy. yes yes. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i like how everything on offense is looking so far, obviously early but the offensive scheme looks a lot better imo.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]sheets was cut, finally, but they signed Larry Johnson...... ?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]and Long is off the PUP and said to be fully healthy. yes yes. [/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i like how everything on offense is looking so far, obviously early but the offensive scheme looks a lot better imo.[/color]

Long and Pouncey on the field together = excellent QB protection schemes

I agree with you that our offense is looking to boast a more productive output from what I've seen thus far. I'll be at the Bucs game this weekend to see them live and the Starters should play traditionally the entire first half

Long and Pouncey on the field together = excellent QB protection schemes

I agree with you that our offense is looking to boast a more productive output from what I've seen thus far. I'll be at the Bucs game this weekend to see them live and the Starters should play traditionally the entire first half

Right now, I like what I see.  Our O-Line has looked pretty good, and that was without Long. 

Drop Long in there, Incognito, Pouncey, move Carey inside to beef it up in the middle, Colombo at the RT, drop Fasano next to him as much as possible to help out, and that's solid protection plus run blocking.  If Murtha steps up and beats out Columbo, so be it.  Jerry is the one we need to really grow and quick to give us a great young line we can keep for years.  Hope that happens. 

Bush looked great, but I seen that before.  Thomas hasn't been killing yet, but so far I notice that he does at least always drive forward.  Every single yard matters and Ricky and Ronnie settled too many damn times just getting hit and going down.  DRIVE forward is all I ask, and Thomas does seem to try that at least. 
You know what else I noticed in the first 2 games?  RUNS UP THE MIDDLE.  Regular, good ol fashioned, runs up the middle.  Ricky and Ronnie NEVER got those chances.  It was always the damn wildcat, or some pitch, or sweep, but since we got rid of that peice of @#$% O-Coordinator, this new one seems to like running straight ahead, getting positive yardage more often.  Sign me up for that @#$%. 
smokin.gif

Now that Bush adds that speed either running or out of the backfield with screens and dumpoffs, Marshall and Bess should have more room to operate.  Safeties can't just bail back, they have to worry about Bush, so we should get more shots over the top, and we've already seen Hartline get by twice in 2 games.  If we can get Gates going, now we have speed to burn.  Our 4 wide could be nice with Bush out of the backfield, Marshall, Bess, Gates and Hartline, we should be able to move pretty well in 2 minute situations.  (provided the line can keep Henne upright) 

I know everyone is going to put it on this year, but I kinda wish the lockout didn't happen so that these guys could have some more work under their belts.  More time in the systems and what not, I think that's a real big reason why Thomas isn't up and running yet.  But we seem to be getting the tools that Henne needs, there's no reason he can't go 3200-3500 and 20 TD's this year with these weapons/playcalling.  Just need to keep all these guys healthy, which is a tough thing to do as everyone knows. 

And one other peice, I like the look Clay has given us.  If he can do what Polite did, but as more of a threat, now we're adding even another dimension we haven't had.  And I don't expect anything out of LT more than just a warm body to waste in blowouts or something.  Maybe a couple 3rd and 1's he might be useful. 

Defensively........pffff. 
pimp.gif

We are BEASTLY on D.  Vontae and Smith haven't allowed a catch to a WR yet, our LB core reads Wake, Dansby, Burnett, Misi, and Jason Taylor for pass rushing.  
devil.gif
  Find me a better 5 on another team.  I don't think there is one.  Add a solid D-Line, nice anchor in the middle, some decent ends, and then Yeremiah as our top safety, we look damn good on this side.  And I haven't even mentioned, this will be Nolan's second year, more schemes, more things added to disguise what we're doing, yeah. 

Then 2 of the top kickers in the NFL in Carp and Fields.  No reason we shouldn't do very well in field position this year, only thing missing is I want one elite level returner, someone who truly is a thread every single return.  We find one of those, and those cheap points/field position help will be a HUGE lift to the offense as well. 

We can sneak up on some folks this year guys.  We can sneak up.....

Right now, I like what I see.  Our O-Line has looked pretty good, and that was without Long. 

Drop Long in there, Incognito, Pouncey, move Carey inside to beef it up in the middle, Colombo at the RT, drop Fasano next to him as much as possible to help out, and that's solid protection plus run blocking.  If Murtha steps up and beats out Columbo, so be it.  Jerry is the one we need to really grow and quick to give us a great young line we can keep for years.  Hope that happens. 

Bush looked great, but I seen that before.  Thomas hasn't been killing yet, but so far I notice that he does at least always drive forward.  Every single yard matters and Ricky and Ronnie settled too many damn times just getting hit and going down.  DRIVE forward is all I ask, and Thomas does seem to try that at least. 
You know what else I noticed in the first 2 games?  RUNS UP THE MIDDLE.  Regular, good ol fashioned, runs up the middle.  Ricky and Ronnie NEVER got those chances.  It was always the damn wildcat, or some pitch, or sweep, but since we got rid of that peice of @#$% O-Coordinator, this new one seems to like running straight ahead, getting positive yardage more often.  Sign me up for that @#$%. 
smokin.gif

Now that Bush adds that speed either running or out of the backfield with screens and dumpoffs, Marshall and Bess should have more room to operate.  Safeties can't just bail back, they have to worry about Bush, so we should get more shots over the top, and we've already seen Hartline get by twice in 2 games.  If we can get Gates going, now we have speed to burn.  Our 4 wide could be nice with Bush out of the backfield, Marshall, Bess, Gates and Hartline, we should be able to move pretty well in 2 minute situations.  (provided the line can keep Henne upright) 

I know everyone is going to put it on this year, but I kinda wish the lockout didn't happen so that these guys could have some more work under their belts.  More time in the systems and what not, I think that's a real big reason why Thomas isn't up and running yet.  But we seem to be getting the tools that Henne needs, there's no reason he can't go 3200-3500 and 20 TD's this year with these weapons/playcalling.  Just need to keep all these guys healthy, which is a tough thing to do as everyone knows. 

And one other peice, I like the look Clay has given us.  If he can do what Polite did, but as more of a threat, now we're adding even another dimension we haven't had.  And I don't expect anything out of LT more than just a warm body to waste in blowouts or something.  Maybe a couple 3rd and 1's he might be useful. 

pimp.gif

We are BEASTLY on D.  Vontae and Smith haven't allowed a catch to a WR yet, our LB core reads Wake, Dansby, Burnett, Misi, and Jason Taylor for pass rushing.  
devil.gif
  Find me a better 5 on another team.  I don't think there is one.  Add a solid D-Line, nice anchor in the middle, some decent ends, and then Yeremiah as our top safety, we look damn good on this side.  And I haven't even mentioned, this will be Nolan's second year, more schemes, more things added to disguise what we're doing, yeah. 

Then 2 of the top kickers in the NFL in Carp and Fields.  No reason we shouldn't do very well in field position this year, only thing missing is I want one elite level returner, someone who truly is a thread every single return.  We find one of those, and those cheap points/field position help will be a HUGE lift to the offense as well. 

We certainly can and I believe will have the potential to sneak up in our division and maybe even overtake the Jets as the second best team in the AFC East. Long overdue and certainly pre-mature but I'm really looking forward to our organization being freakin relevant again outside of it's own loyal fanbase ...

We certainly can and I believe will have the potential to sneak up in our division and maybe even overtake the Jets as the second best team in the AFC East. Long overdue and certainly pre-mature but I'm really looking forward to our organization being freakin relevant again outside of it's own loyal fanbase ...

Give Henne time to throw, and these receivers time to get open. Most importantly, good .play calling...Henne may be a nice surprise this year.

Give Henne time to throw, and these receivers time to get open. Most importantly, good .play calling...Henne may be a nice surprise this year.

Originally Posted by CP1708

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

devil.gif

Yeaaaahhhhh, none of this has happened.
sick.gif

@#$%, even Carpenter has become an issue. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We have fallen flat on our face so far in 3 games.  Played decent enough in them, but not once have we put together all three units in the same game to finish it off. 

Our offense 20 to 20 is fantastic, get inside the 20 and we piss down our legs every single time. 
30t6p3b.gif
  And I blame me for talking about runs up the middle, cuz I certainly didn't mean lets run Bush up the middle every play. 
laugh.gif
  Good Lord what the hell are we doing with him?  They need to start slotting him quick before I kill somebody. 

Daniel Thomas 
pimp.gif
  Please keep working hard young man.  Pouncey, you too. 

Rest of you fools wake the hell up.  Quit waiting til the Jet game to get a win. 

Anyhoo, so check this out ya'll.  This weekend I was "hired" to write for http://www.miamidolphinsdraft.com/ and work for their site.  No idea what I'm doing yet, but hope to learn a ton as I go along.  So those of you that follow Miami, and the draft, check out the site some time and see what you think.  And if you're on Twitter, follow the site as well, it'll be me talking on there as well.
smokin.gif

If we don't get this game in SD (which is nearly impossible after 3,000 mile trips) then we have a bye week, and then a Monday Nighter at the Jets, we could be starin at 0-5 right in the face.  NOT what I expected at all this season.  But, the bright side is this, this may be one of the best drafts in recent memory, and if we keep sucking like this, maybe we'll get Lucky.......or even if we got say a second pick that wouldn't be "turrible"  (reference in that quip there
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

devil.gif

Yeaaaahhhhh, none of this has happened.
sick.gif

@#$%, even Carpenter has become an issue. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We have fallen flat on our face so far in 3 games.  Played decent enough in them, but not once have we put together all three units in the same game to finish it off. 

Our offense 20 to 20 is fantastic, get inside the 20 and we piss down our legs every single time. 
30t6p3b.gif
  And I blame me for talking about runs up the middle, cuz I certainly didn't mean lets run Bush up the middle every play. 
laugh.gif
  Good Lord what the hell are we doing with him?  They need to start slotting him quick before I kill somebody. 

Daniel Thomas 
pimp.gif
  Please keep working hard young man.  Pouncey, you too. 

Rest of you fools wake the hell up.  Quit waiting til the Jet game to get a win. 

Anyhoo, so check this out ya'll.  This weekend I was "hired" to write for http://www.miamidolphinsdraft.com/ and work for their site.  No idea what I'm doing yet, but hope to learn a ton as I go along.  So those of you that follow Miami, and the draft, check out the site some time and see what you think.  And if you're on Twitter, follow the site as well, it'll be me talking on there as well.
smokin.gif

If we don't get this game in SD (which is nearly impossible after 3,000 mile trips) then we have a bye week, and then a Monday Nighter at the Jets, we could be starin at 0-5 right in the face.  NOT what I expected at all this season.  But, the bright side is this, this may be one of the best drafts in recent memory, and if we keep sucking like this, maybe we'll get Lucky.......or even if we got say a second pick that wouldn't be "turrible"  (reference in that quip there
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Congratulations man! 
pimp.gif

I've never been a fan of Reggie Bush outside of the return game and the occasional change of pace reverse or hand-off, so I'm glad to see that Daniel Thomas' carries have increased from game two to game three.

I really love Davone Bess. Wish Brian Daboll would find more ways to get him the ball.

Edit: Reading your Aftermath column right now... solid summary of the game. Provided insight to those that didn't watch it like me. Henne began the game well... but are you a supporter of him or is he just a placeholder of the position until someone better comes along?

Congratulations man! 
pimp.gif

I've never been a fan of Reggie Bush outside of the return game and the occasional change of pace reverse or hand-off, so I'm glad to see that Daniel Thomas' carries have increased from game two to game three.

I really love Davone Bess. Wish Brian Daboll would find more ways to get him the ball.

Edit: Reading your Aftermath column right now... solid summary of the game. Provided insight to those that didn't watch it like me. Henne began the game well... but are you a supporter of him or is he just a placeholder of the position until someone better comes along?

Originally Posted by Statis22

Congrats.

On the flip you gotta be encouraged on what you've seen from Chad Henne right?
Absolutely, but here's the thing.  Henne won't survive if new management comes in and we get a top 3 pick.  Not with Luck, Barkley, and Jones all there.  So the only thing I can hope for is he plays great, and we can trade him.  But guess what, nobody gonna give us @#$% for him. 

Although.....well, the rookie cap is lower now ain't it?  If we gave Luck/Bark/Jones 25 mil, we could sit them their rookie year and leave Henne in for another year I suppose.  It's not like giving him 60 mil and sitting him.  You get more value keeping him on the bench and teaching him and then try to get some snaps here and there where you can.  So we'll see, but either way, Henne playing well or not won't last much longer.  Whatever coach we get will want his guy, not Tony Sparano's. 

Back
Top Bottom