Miami Dolphins 2011 Season Thread: Thanx for the memories JT!

How can the Dolphins go into each and every draft and pass over guys like Ray Lewis, Reggie Wayne, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Antrel Rolle, Greg Olsen, Brandon Meriweather, or Jimmy Graham? These are players they merely need to cross the street to scout and not one of them has been selected. Heck, they could have even had Nevin Shapiro continue paying their contracts and now it would have been legal!

The lone Hurricane currently on the roster is an Offensive Lineman, Vernon Carey. Even if they did not wish to select former Hurricanes, Florida State and Florida have also sent several top prospects into the pro game, and you’d be hard pressed to find many of them selected by the Dolphins either, Channing Crowder from Florida and Mike Pouncey this past year being exceptions. Three elite level colleges pumping players into the NFL all from the same state, and you have 2 lineman and a linebacker already out of the NFL to show for it? How does that work?

DING! DING! DING! The Phins are in a state, HELL, city that continues to produces the best football players on earth but, they are enamored with those Big Ten slow-pokes. That is why as a Floridian, I have NOT supported the Miami Mullets.

How can the Dolphins go into each and every draft and pass over guys like Ray Lewis, Reggie Wayne, Clinton Portis, Willis McGahee, Frank Gore, Antrel Rolle, Greg Olsen, Brandon Meriweather, or Jimmy Graham? These are players they merely need to cross the street to scout and not one of them has been selected. Heck, they could have even had Nevin Shapiro continue paying their contracts and now it would have been legal!

The lone Hurricane currently on the roster is an Offensive Lineman, Vernon Carey. Even if they did not wish to select former Hurricanes, Florida State and Florida have also sent several top prospects into the pro game, and you’d be hard pressed to find many of them selected by the Dolphins either, Channing Crowder from Florida and Mike Pouncey this past year being exceptions. Three elite level colleges pumping players into the NFL all from the same state, and you have 2 lineman and a linebacker already out of the NFL to show for it? How does that work?

DING! DING! DING! The Phins are in a state, HELL, city that continues to produces the best football players on earth but, they are enamored with those Big Ten slow-pokes. That is why as a Floridian, I have NOT supported the Miami Mullets.

I heard Trent Edwards turned down the Phins. Oh man, I bet the entire lockerroom knows this thing will be blown up in the offseason. I would trade guys like Wake and Marshall for draft picks. They're worthless anyways.

I heard Trent Edwards turned down the Phins. Oh man, I bet the entire lockerroom knows this thing will be blown up in the offseason. I would trade guys like Wake and Marshall for draft picks. They're worthless anyways.

I give up on the Dolphins when they draft. They pass up on any Florida player, let alone all the Hurricanes we could have had.

If management stays the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they draft another lineman and pass on a QB. It's gotten so comical that it doesn't hurt anymore. I'm numb to the stupidity that the Dolphins always do

I give up on the Dolphins when they draft. They pass up on any Florida player, let alone all the Hurricanes we could have had.

If management stays the same, I wouldn't be surprised if they draft another lineman and pass on a QB. It's gotten so comical that it doesn't hurt anymore. I'm numb to the stupidity that the Dolphins always do

Dolphins constantly make terrible moves. It's like they settle for mediocracy. "Hey lets go get Kyle Orton". That was their answer this past offseason, yet they couldn't even pull that.

Why is it that other teams can constantly make all the right choices? Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc. almost always have good drafts, make smart moves, and suprise-suprise, they are constantly on top. Yet, Miami is always making meaningless moves. Remember two years back when they got Marshall? Everyone was shocked. I know I was. A big name reciever, and the Dolphins actually went after him?!?! Besides Marshall, and (even though he failed) Duante Culpepper, when was the last time the Dolphins went after someone big and actually got them? Reggie Bush doesn't count. Brandon Merriweather gets cut from the Pats, the Dolphins need a safety, did they even try? I'm guessing not.

Sad.
30t6p3b.gif

Dolphins constantly make terrible moves. It's like they settle for mediocracy. "Hey lets go get Kyle Orton". That was their answer this past offseason, yet they couldn't even pull that.

Why is it that other teams can constantly make all the right choices? Green Bay, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, etc. almost always have good drafts, make smart moves, and suprise-suprise, they are constantly on top. Yet, Miami is always making meaningless moves. Remember two years back when they got Marshall? Everyone was shocked. I know I was. A big name reciever, and the Dolphins actually went after him?!?! Besides Marshall, and (even though he failed) Duante Culpepper, when was the last time the Dolphins went after someone big and actually got them? Reggie Bush doesn't count. Brandon Merriweather gets cut from the Pats, the Dolphins need a safety, did they even try? I'm guessing not.

Sad.
30t6p3b.gif

My problem is this. 

You can have Brees, or trade away a pick for Culpepper.  What do they do?  Trade picks away. 

You can trade 2 second rounders for Marshall, or draft Dez and keep your 2 picks.  What do they do?  Trade picks away. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do they do that @#$% 
grin.gif

We haven't had multiple first round picks in like 20 years.  And we've traded away plenty.  All of it is POINTLESS.  Bill trading back and back and back and all that is lame to some, but he is at least in position every year to make a move if he sees something he likes, he has the chips to use, we NEVER have those chips.  We take what we can get and hope for the best.  Freaking terrible.  Stop trading away @#$%^&* draft picks you morons. 

My problem is this. 

You can have Brees, or trade away a pick for Culpepper.  What do they do?  Trade picks away. 

You can trade 2 second rounders for Marshall, or draft Dez and keep your 2 picks.  What do they do?  Trade picks away. 

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY do they do that @#$% 
grin.gif

We haven't had multiple first round picks in like 20 years.  And we've traded away plenty.  All of it is POINTLESS.  Bill trading back and back and back and all that is lame to some, but he is at least in position every year to make a move if he sees something he likes, he has the chips to use, we NEVER have those chips.  We take what we can get and hope for the best.  Freaking terrible.  Stop trading away @#$%^&* draft picks you morons. 

We could've been sitting on Aaron Rodgers, Dez, and Hakeem Nicks. 
indifferent.gif

We need to release Marshall at the end of the year, too many FA WRs will be available.

We could've been sitting on Aaron Rodgers, Dez, and Hakeem Nicks. 
indifferent.gif

We need to release Marshall at the end of the year, too many FA WRs will be available.

Originally Posted by rashi

We need to release TRADE Marshall at the end of the year, too many FA WRs will be available.  
Come on now, why would we simply cut an asset that we could get something in return for?  Those are the kind of things this team has done, can't keep making similar mistakes going forward. 

But point is still the same, I don't think we still have Marshall next season.  I think he gets moved, one way or the other. 

Originally Posted by rashi

We need to release TRADE Marshall at the end of the year, too many FA WRs will be available.  
Come on now, why would we simply cut an asset that we could get something in return for?  Those are the kind of things this team has done, can't keep making similar mistakes going forward. 

But point is still the same, I don't think we still have Marshall next season.  I think he gets moved, one way or the other. 

Back
Top Bottom