:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

[h4]ICD's Tegra 2-powered Gemini is the most feature-complete tablet we've seen yet[/h4]
By Vladislav Savov posted Apr 6th 2010 2:29AM

post_icon_photo.gif

Built around the 1GHz Tegra 2 SOC, the 11.2-inch ICD Gemini should provide comparable endurance to Apple's A4-sporting iPad, while besting it in the grunt stakes with its glorious ability to chew through 1080p video when required. If that wasn't enough, the rest of this thing's spec sheet reads like a wishlist. Headlined by a 3G connection that allows cellular voice calls (crazy, we know!), it also includes a user-replaceable 40Wh battery, an SD card reader, FM radio, GPS, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth, MicroUSB connectivity to PCs and USB peripherals, stereo speakers, and dual webcams -- a 2 megapixel front-facing unit and a 5 megapixel autofocusing snapper on the back. Multitouch displays will be available in both resistive and capacitive flavors, with the 1,366 x 768 resolution being filled by Google's snappy Android OS. Oh, and did we mention it will run Flash? Because it will. Full specs and a comparison to its direct competitors await after the break, though we've yet to find out when this JooJoo killer will be making its arrival or at what price.

Update: We've come across a couple of real (i.e. not rendered) pictures of an earlier prototype for the Gemini, which looks generic as hell but should give you a good idea of the dimensions and scale of the device in question. Yours after the break.
ICD Gemini official pictures

6apr10oub23523cwx.jpg

6apr10specoub244.jpg

6apr10oxb23549.jpg

6apr10spec07h5.jpg

from engadget

I'll wait a year or two before I get any of these things...

By then most of the companies will have had worked out the bugs.

Driver's get road rage.

I get tech rage.

When my computer lags or something I get mad, real mad doggie.

laugh.gif

Will buy that Gemini when it's comes out, has everything I want, especially with the flash and android operating system. Sorry apple

^lol that's what i was thinking. it's bigger than my phone but doesnt make calls and ppl are already complaining about the weakness of the wifi pick up..

wth is the point?

and apple needs to stop wasting time w/ the ipad and release the arrandale mbp already. gaahhh

In 6 months Apple will think of one thing this doesnt do and bring it out again with the missing added feature just creating crazy revenue

lol they already have a list of features to add to it. they'll just bring them out slowly and keep the hype going whether or not it's fully loaded thereby maximizing profit.

congrats to everyone who is enjoying btw. there's nothing better than a new product you're stoked about

I used it in class today to take notes and it was surprisingly easy to type with flat on a desk. It could definitely be improved with a case to make it angled like a keyboard. Before getting it I had high expectations, but it has definitely exceeded them. It will be great to see what developers come up with in the upcoming months.

Back
Top Bottom