:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

Originally Posted by bns1201

Originally Posted by DubA169

i find it amazing that apple fans KNOW the company screws them by releasing inferior products at launch. they just don't care. they even commend the company for being "innovative". that's not innovation that's knowing your fan base is mindless. it's hilarious

you guys crack me up. releasing inferior products at launch? thats like saying Honda is releasing an inferior product with the 2010 Civic because you know that the 2011 one is coming and it'll be better. As a company, are you gonna release an "end all be all" product that has no room to grow technologically in the future? And calling this anything but innovation is embarrassing. Like i said before, this product is not only way ahead of its time, but it is a catalyst for gadget development. It'll spark other wannabe products who will excel in certain areas, i.e the iPhone. How many products tout themselves as "the next iPhone" or "even better than the iPhone". Apple knows what they are doing here. They know they have a cult like following of loyal customers. Any time apple releases a product, and people buy it, others call them mindless/sheep/idiotic....recognize that probably in less than 5 years, everyone will be carrying these things for basic computing. Its clearly not a laptop, and not an extra-large iPhone, its in a class of its own.
Flash, USB, multitasking?
they are not marketing this thing as a full-fledged computer/notebook, though..
for the price (compared to to-of the line e-readers & portable DVD players), this thing really isnt all that bad 
grin.gif

Jailbrakers don't add more powerful components to the insides of the iPad they just hack it so you get free applications.

it's not just free applications though....what jailbreakers do with the iPhone has shown us that.. I agree the features should be there stock...but it doesn't really matter if I'm jailbreaking mine anyway

Originally Posted by proper english

i find it amazing that apple fans KNOW the company screws them by releasing inferior products at launch. they just don't care. they even commend the company for being "innovative". that's not innovation that's knowing your fan base is mindless. it's hilarious

you guys crack me up. releasing inferior products at launch? thats like saying Honda is releasing an inferior product with the 2010 Civic because you know that the 2011 one is coming and it'll be better. As a company, are you gonna release an "end all be all" product that has no room to grow technologically in the future? And calling this anything but innovation is embarrassing. Like i said before, this product is not only way ahead of its time, but it is a catalyst for gadget development. It'll spark other wannabe products who will excel in certain areas, i.e the iPhone. How many products tout themselves as "the next iPhone" or "even better than the iPhone". Apple knows what they are doing here. They know they have a cult like following of loyal customers. Any time apple releases a product, and people buy it, others call them mindless/sheep/idiotic....recognize that probably in less than 5 years, everyone will be carrying these things for basic computing. Its clearly not a laptop, and not an extra-large iPhone, its in a class of its own.
for the price (compared to to-of the line e-readers & portable DVD players), this thing really isnt all that bad 
grin.gif
That is the whole crux to the argument.  If you don't want an e-reader and you have an iphone and a LAPTOP (don't care how you spell it thanks NT lol) this thing is worthless.

People just want to sit in a coffee shop or be at school and be using this in front of people.  They think they will look cooler the everyone else.  It will also be a sure conversation starter and people will come over and ooo and awwww over it.  The thing is a nice gadget for those that have the money and just want a new toy.  For us practical people out there that are on a normal budget and only buy things that we need or see a purpose for this thing is a waste. 

The iphone changed the game with its web interface.  I personally can't live without mine.  But this thing is nothing more then a nice gimmick that will once again keep people from speaking to others and avoiding human interaction at all costs just like the way people use there phone in every uncomfortable situation possible.  

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

this a marathon though....i doubt that this thing will keep selling once people figure out how LITTLE you can do on it..
lol...how little you can do with it huh?

The jailbreakers are already workin on it...once it's hackable then multitasking is gonna be available and a lot more other things will be to.

They're already talkin about how programmers are working furiously on developing apps for this thing. Hell I got ideas for it my damn self. So yall keep thinking it does nothing so creative/imaginative people can develop it and make money off of it
laugh.gif

The people who hate on this just hate on Apple period. You can call it 'hype' or whatever all you want....they deliver on their hype,  and watch whatever computer company you support follow their lead with this tablet computing thing.

I'm not even an apple fanboy like that either so don't even try it. (posting from my Sony VAIO laptop)

%%*+ Adobe Flash also...why should they get the monopoly on the powerful business that video streaming has become? More places on the net are gonna start using HTML 5.
Jailbrakers don't add more powerful components to the insides of the iPad they just hack it so you get free applications.
I shouldn't have to void my warranty just to get functionally that should be available out of the box especially for something that cost twice as much as other devices that can multitask,  connect to other devices via usb, etc

QFT.

i mean seriously...
laugh.gif
not even a SINGLE USB port....

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Originally Posted by proper english

grin.gif
That is the whole crux to the argument.  If you don't want an e-reader and you have an iphone and a LAPTOP (don't care how you spell it thanks NT lol) this thing is worthless.

People just want to sit in a coffee shop or be at school and be using this in front of people.  They think they will look cooler the everyone else.  It will also be a sure conversation starter and people will come over and ooo and awwww over it.  The thing is a nice gadget for those that have the money and just want a new toy.  For us practical people out there that are on a normal budget and only buy things that we need or see a purpose for this thing is a waste. 

The iphone changed the game with its web interface.  I personally can't live without mine.  But this thing is nothing more then a nice gimmick that will once again keep people from speaking to others and avoiding human interaction at all costs just like the way people use there phone in every uncomfortable situation possible.  
$200 for the actual unit.. $300+ for the cool points.. yea, i know what you mean, & i've seent it in full effect @ a local coffee shop already 
laugh.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif

im actually in the market for an e-reader (nook is on top) and a portable dvd player.. like i said, for what it does.. it's really not all that bad.. NT, don't kill me for somewhat wanting this damn thing. 
laugh.gif

oh this + 4 iphones/ipod-touches = best $1000 you can spend playing Scrabble. 
ohwell.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[h4]Scrabble for the iPad: stir in some iPhones and it's the best $1,000 you ever spent on a board game[/h4]
By Paul Miller   posted Apr 4th 2010 3:18PM

http://www.engadget.com/tag/hands-on/www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/post_sprite_handson.gif);">http://www.blogsmithmedia...ost_sprite_handson.gif); display: block; width: 61px; height: 19px; background-position: 50% 0%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Hands-On

post_icon_video.gif

You can't deny, it's pretty metaphysically silly to be playing a board game your parents bought at a yard sale for $2 on a $500+ iPad, in conjunction with two or more $200+ iPhones. Mix in service plans, accessories, the price of the app ($10), and the bribes you'll have to pay your friends to join in on something so embarrassing, and you're really pushing the limits of common sense with Scrabble for the iPad. But we will say this: it is pretty cool. We just paired up a couple iPhones (running the free Tile Rack app) and joined in with the iPad over Bluetooth or WiFi (the app makes it unclear as to which particular wireless tech is doing the honors at the moment, but both work) and in moments we were swiping tiles up to the iPad with the best of them.

Surprisingly, it makes a game of scrabble go much faster, since the computer does all those difficult maths for you, but the experience isn't without its shortcomings. If you exit the Scrabble app to the home screen, or accidentally brush the "Menu" button on the iPad app, your game is completely gone. There isn't even a helpful warning like "are you sure you want to end this game you just invested an hour of your life into without even saving or something?" There not even an option to save a game and resume at later date. The app is more forgiving if you drop a connection with your iPhone, or lock the screen on the iPad for a moment, but we'd really appreciate it if EA rounded off some of these rough edges before we chuck the iPad across the room in a Scrabble-induced rage. Check out video playthrough after the break. 

proper english wrote:
F A Y B A N wrote:
bns1201 wrote:
DubA169 wrote:

I think inferior implies omitting widely available technology for no other reason to claim it as an upgrade for future releases.  Flash, USB, multitasking?  I don't really follow Apple like that but I don't see why these things couldn't be put on this IPad.  
for the price (compared to to-of the line e-readers & portable DVD players), this thing really isnt all that bad 
grin.gif

Don't take my quote out of context.  This Apple plant was promoting this thing as the best thing since sliced bread when it's really not that special.  I don't see any legitimate excuse for not including these basic features.

price is too high for what it offers imo.. Would be a nice maybe during the 2nd or 3rd generations of ipads, so apple has time to add features, tweak, fix, etc etc.. to justify it's high $*% price.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

You're right. I got my netbook for a little over 3...

But, it doesn't have touch screen and I can't watch HD videos on it. I can't read books at the flick of a finger or play cool apps. It doesn't have a 10 hour battery life and I can't leave it on standby without the battery draining significantly. Oh yea, there's also no 3G radio built in.

A netbook is cool. I love mine, but I would never use it again if the iPad had a camera. Since it doesn't, I'll use it for skype and storage.

It really is about looking cool. Not gonna lie. And efficiency.

Nvidia's ION plays HD video. the ipad can't play full HD video either, you have to scale it down to 720p (here comes the arguement.. "why do i need 1080p on something so small?"... well because you payed 500 dollars for it, that's why) play cool apps? lol, it's a full fledge computer.. you get FULL programs, not these toyish applications. and you can read books on it.. and u can copy and paste and take notes while you do it. there are netbooks with 10 hr battery life (my samsung NC10 lasts me around that time) and there are netbooks with 3G radio built in. and i dont understand people's fascination with everything touch screen.

but hey, there is no sense arguing with you. you've obviously made up your mind that you're going to waste your money on this. apple has done their job brainwashing you to think that you NEED this.

with that said, i hope the notion ink adam doesn't become vaporware. it looks
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

wow i mean wow
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Sounds like Apple slept with about half your Mom's on here.

Am I missing something? Are you guys being forced to buy this thing?

Y'all sound like some pouting teenage girls.

People that hate Apple blindly are just as bad as those that love em blindly.

Beside, most of you will have one of these or a knock off of one in about a years time.

HP calling Apple's bluff

Still, they haven't sold a unit yet. But it far outweighs (from what I can see) what the iPad has to offer. But it doesn't have 150k apps right at its disposal. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Bout to have Apple releasing mad firmware.
laugh.gif

Still want my 3G though. The Slate is def. on my mind.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Beside, most of you will have one of these or a knock off of one in about a years time.

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Eh, like I said...

Lol everyone who bought this things sure got trolled. Apperantly this thing can't even function under the sun due to overheating. Have fun with this thing outside during the summer.
laugh.gif

iPad_overheating.jpg

You know the story from Greek mythology about Icarus, and how his father Daedalus told him not to fly too close to the sun with the wings he made for him out of feathers and wax. Icarus didn't listen and fell into the sea.

Well, according to several reports, Daedalus might want to warn iPad owners not to play too close to the sun with their beloved new devices because they too may crash.

While Apple has historically had a good track record when it comes to the reliability of its high-profile products, there have been a few glitches along the way, and it's certainly not unexpected that a first-generation device--especially the first batch to go out--might encounter a few issues (there have also been reports of weak or fluctuating Wi-Fi signals on certain iPads). In fact, not long after the first iPads left stores did we first start hearing about the alleged overheating issues.

PC Magazine editor Zach Honig posted on Twitter that he took his brand newiPad out in the sun in New York City (it's been over 70 in New York the last few days) and ten minutes later it shut down with the message, "iPad needs to cool down before you can use it." Honig stuck his iPad in the fridge and it was fine a few minutes later.

More anecdotes about iPad overheating trickled out out on Easter Sunday and The Atlantic's blog did a nice round up of the complaints entitled, "Techies Fume over iPad's Hidden Weakness." In fact, the folks over at The Next Web discovered that the iPad's operating temperature is 32 degrees to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 C) when running or up to 113 degrees when off. The same is true for theiPhone, but the iPad, due to its size, appears to attract a lot more heat a lot more quickly.

We'll see if Apple has anything to say about the sun issue going forward, especially since summer isn't far off. But for now, let us know if you've encountered any overheating problems with your iPad and if you have any good remedies for keeping it cool. Also: Do you think this is a major issue?

source: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20001749-243.html

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Lol everyone who bought this things sure got trolled. Apperantly this thing can't even function under the sun due to overheating. Have fun with this thing outside during the summer.
laugh.gif

iPad_overheating.jpg

You know the story from Greek mythology about Icarus, and how his father Daedalus told him not to fly too close to the sun with the wings he made for him out of feathers and wax. Icarus didn't listen and fell into the sea.

Well, according to several reports, Daedalus might want to warn iPad owners not to play too close to the sun with their beloved new devices because they too may crash.

While Apple has historically had a good track record when it comes to the reliability of its high-profile products, there have been a few glitches along the way, and it's certainly not unexpected that a first-generation device--especially the first batch to go out--might encounter a few issues (there have also been reports of weak or fluctuating Wi-Fi signals on certain iPads). In fact, not long after the first iPads left stores did we first start hearing about the alleged overheating issues.

PC Magazine editor Zach Honig posted on Twitter that he took his brand newiPad out in the sun in New York City (it's been over 70 in New York the last few days) and ten minutes later it shut down with the message, "iPad needs to cool down before you can use it." Honig stuck his iPad in the fridge and it was fine a few minutes later.

More anecdotes about iPad overheating trickled out out on Easter Sunday and The Atlantic's blog did a nice round up of the complaints entitled, "Techies Fume over iPad's Hidden Weakness." In fact, the folks over at The Next Web discovered that the iPad's operating temperature is 32 degrees to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 C) when running or up to 113 degrees when off. The same is true for theiPhone, but the iPad, due to its size, appears to attract a lot more heat a lot more quickly.

We'll see if Apple has anything to say about the sun issue going forward, especially since summer isn't far off. But for now, let us know if you've encountered any overheating problems with your iPad and if you have any good remedies for keeping it cool. Also: Do you think this is a major issue?
source: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20001749-243.html

Why is this such a surprise? No fan/heatsink = more restricted temperature operating range.

Back
Top Bottom