:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

laugh.gif
45 min e-mail

i would like an ipad but in no rush to buy and prob wont

smh.gif
now thats just dumb as hell.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

HP calling Apple's bluff

Still, they haven't sold a unit yet. But it far outweighs (from what I can see) what the iPad has to offer. But it doesn't have 150k apps right at its disposal. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Bout to have Apple releasing mad firmware.
laugh.gif

Still want my 3G though. The Slate is def. on my mind.

this is 10x better than an ipad
smh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i mean seriously...
laugh.gif
not even a SINGLE USB port....

same !*+* i was thinkin
laugh.gif

this is a good thing ... i mean the temperature issue ... other companies can ensure now that there machines don't overheat ...

consumers win

i mean those except apple early adopters
laugh.gif

i would be tight if in 70 degree weather my thing over heated and i had to stick it in the fridge ....

Originally Posted by yungchamp

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Sounds like Apple slept with about half your Mom's on here.

Am I missing something? Are you guys being forced to buy this thing?

Y'all sound like some pouting teenage girls.

People that hate Apple blindly are just as bad as those that love em blindly.

Beside, most of you will have one of these or a knock off of one in about a years time.

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

smh.gif
now thats just dumb as hell.

HP calling Apple's bluff

Still, they haven't sold a unit yet. But it far outweighs (from what I can see) what the iPad has to offer. But it doesn't have 150k apps right at its disposal. It will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

Bout to have Apple releasing mad firmware.
laugh.gif

Still want my 3G though. The Slate is def. on my mind.

this is 10x better than an ipad
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
SMH if you think that's real

You guys who said that the HP slate will be better than the iPad shouldn't hold breath. The hp slate is running a desktop os on a touchscreen tablet (keep in mind that win 7 is not optimized for touchscreen devices). On the other hand the iPad os is it has the simplistic iPhone/iPod touch style os which is primarly max to fit a mobile touchscreen device (in case the iPad). Please keep all that on mind, yes it doesn't have a flash, or multitasking but it has an os that has prevaled on a smaller device with a great app store. Windows 7 is not optimized for a touchscreen device and trust me a desktop os running on a tablet device is a horrible experience. He'll even mac osx with the Modbook isn't the greatest experience. Desktop os should on remain on desktop computer not tablet/e-readers. If you guys don't like the iPad no one is forcing you and no one was forcing the other 700,000 custermers who bounght one on Saturday. The iPad will be a great success just watch

^ please keep in mind I typed all of that from my iPhone so I'm sorry about all the typo's

question about HD video. I only have a shuffle and a macbook , never any type of ipod or iphone. Watching HD videos, size wise, for one full length movie, isnt that like 5-10 gb? what about buying episodes/movies off of itunes? does anyone have a decent breakdown of minutes/size ratios.

It seems like with the capacity of this unit at 16gb (on the lower end), I may need to take stuff off and add new stuff every day. does anyone have any experience with this on a ipod or iphone. Im guessing the size of videos go up since the screen size/pixel count is up as well.

I was just wondering how viable it is to carry around 200-300 episodes of my favorite shows.

700,000 sold on saturday? u have a source?

last time i checked, it was only 300,000 on the first day.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

You guys who said that the HP slate will be better than the iPad shouldn't hold breath. The hp slate is running a desktop os on a touchscreen tablet (keep in mind that win 7 is not optimized for touchscreen devices). On the other hand the iPad os is it has the simplistic iPhone/iPod touch style os which is primarly max to fit a mobile touchscreen device (in case the iPad). Please keep all that on mind, yes it doesn't have a flash, or multitasking but it has an os that has prevaled on a smaller device with a great app store. Windows 7 is not optimized for a touchscreen device and trust me a desktop os running on a tablet device is a horrible experience. He'll even mac osx with the Modbook isn't the greatest experience. Desktop os should on remain on desktop computer not tablet/e-readers. If you guys don't like the iPad no one is forcing you and no one was forcing the other 700,000 custermers who bounght one on Saturday. The iPad will be a great success just watch
I stopped reading there.

http://www.youtube.com/v/JiWRqweG05M&hl=en_US&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/JiWRqweG05M&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Originally Posted by spsfinest212

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I stopped reading there.
�My question is whatkind of user experience will a the HP Slate  single core 1.6MHZ processor have usingwindows 7? not even comparing to the iPad but just in general

Originally Posted by solidsnake

Beside, most of you will have one of these or a knock off of one in about a years time.

http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf

That must be the dumbest thing ever, whats the whole point of a laptop if theres no keyboard?

Lol everyone who bought this things sure got trolled. Apperantly this thing can't even function under the sun due to overheating. Have fun with this thing outside during the summer.
laugh.gif

iPad_overheating.jpg

You know the story from Greek mythology about Icarus, and how his father Daedalus told him not to fly too close to the sun with the wings he made for him out of feathers and wax. Icarus didn't listen and fell into the sea.

Well, according to several reports, Daedalus might want to warn iPad owners not to play too close to the sun with their beloved new devices because they too may crash.

While Apple has historically had a good track record when it comes to the reliability of its high-profile products, there have been a few glitches along the way, and it's certainly not unexpected that a first-generation device--especially the first batch to go out--might encounter a few issues (there have also been reports of weak or fluctuating Wi-Fi signals on certain iPads). In fact, not long after the first iPads left stores did we first start hearing about the alleged overheating issues.

PC Magazine editor Zach Honig posted on Twitter that he took his brand newiPad out in the sun in New York City (it's been over 70 in New York the last few days) and ten minutes later it shut down with the message, "iPad needs to cool down before you can use it." Honig stuck his iPad in the fridge and it was fine a few minutes later.

More anecdotes about iPad overheating trickled out out on Easter Sunday and The Atlantic's blog did a nice round up of the complaints entitled, "Techies Fume over iPad's Hidden Weakness." In fact, the folks over at The Next Web discovered that the iPad's operating temperature is 32 degrees to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 C) when running or up to 113 degrees when off. The same is true for theiPhone, but the iPad, due to its size, appears to attract a lot more heat a lot more quickly.

We'll see if Apple has anything to say about the sun issue going forward, especially since summer isn't far off. But for now, let us know if you've encountered any overheating problems with your iPad and if you have any good remedies for keeping it cool. Also: Do you think this is a major issue?
source: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20001749-243.html

No duh it's a big issue.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eeibaby

http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf http://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swfhttp://media.theonion.com/flash/video/embedded_player.swf

That must be the dumbest thing ever, whats the whole point of a laptop if theres no keyboard?

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

question about HD video. I only have a shuffle and a macbook , never any type of ipod or iphone. Watching HD videos, size wise, for one full length movie, isnt that like 5-10 gb? what about buying episodes/movies off of itunes? does anyone have a decent breakdown of minutes/size ratios.

It seems like with the capacity of this unit at 16gb (on the lower end), I may need to take stuff off and add new stuff every day. does anyone have any experience with this on a ipod or iphone. Im guessing the size of videos go up since the screen size/pixel count is up as well.

I was just wondering how viable it is to carry around 200-300 episodes of my favorite shows.
An HD movie is about 4 GB compared to an HD tv show that is about 1 GB.

There'd be no way for you to carry that many episodes on any of the given capacity iPads. However, ABC has an app which will allow you to stream shows from their site. NBC may be following suit. Not sure about the other networks.

Looking at those numbers, it probably viable for one to get the 32 GB version if they really plan to optimize video viewing. It may be best for the refurbished versions to come out or wait for them to be marked down as the subsequent versions of the iPad are announced.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

This repsonse might be funnier than the people eating up this iPad gimmick.

about to scoop a 16 gig. i figure this'll help me use my iphone less, and i won't have to use my macbook when i'm at home or in class now, just for assignments and as a media hub.

Lol everyone who bought this things sure got trolled. Apperantly this thing can't even function under the sun due to overheating. Have fun with this thing outside during the summer.
laugh.gif

iPad_overheating.jpg

You know the story from Greek mythology about Icarus, and how his father Daedalus told him not to fly too close to the sun with the wings he made for him out of feathers and wax. Icarus didn't listen and fell into the sea.

Well, according to several reports, Daedalus might want to warn iPad owners not to play too close to the sun with their beloved new devices because they too may crash.

While Apple has historically had a good track record when it comes to the reliability of its high-profile products, there have been a few glitches along the way, and it's certainly not unexpected that a first-generation device--especially the first batch to go out--might encounter a few issues (there have also been reports of weak or fluctuating Wi-Fi signals on certain iPads). In fact, not long after the first iPads left stores did we first start hearing about the alleged overheating issues.

PC Magazine editor Zach Honig posted on Twitter that he took his brand newiPad out in the sun in New York City (it's been over 70 in New York the last few days) and ten minutes later it shut down with the message, "iPad needs to cool down before you can use it." Honig stuck his iPad in the fridge and it was fine a few minutes later.

More anecdotes about iPad overheating trickled out out on Easter Sunday and The Atlantic's blog did a nice round up of the complaints entitled, "Techies Fume over iPad's Hidden Weakness." In fact, the folks over at The Next Web discovered that the iPad's operating temperature is 32 degrees to 95 degrees F (0 to 35 C) when running or up to 113 degrees when off. The same is true for theiPhone, but the iPad, due to its size, appears to attract a lot more heat a lot more quickly.

We'll see if Apple has anything to say about the sun issue going forward, especially since summer isn't far off. But for now, let us know if you've encountered any overheating problems with your iPad and if you have any good remedies for keeping it cool. Also: Do you think this is a major issue?
source: http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-31747_7-20001749-243.html

you sound so salty, though.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

An HD movie is about 4 GB compared to an HD tv show that is about 1 GB.

There'd be no way for you to carry that many episodes on any of the given capacity iPads. However, ABC has an app which will allow you to stream shows from their site. NBC may be following suit. Not sure about the other networks.

Looking at those numbers, it probably viable for one to get the 32 GB version if they really plan to optimize video viewing. It may be best for the refurbished versions to come out or wait for them to be marked down as the subsequent versions of the iPad are announced.
A true hd movie is not 4gb...more like 25+

Those 4 gig mkv's you guys download are compressed like hell..

Back
Top Bottom