:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Originally Posted by treewing

Has anyone in here used a netbook? That screen is unbearable to me. And people keep comparing the iPad to netbooks, that is a completely different category.
Don't most netbooks have the same screen size as the iPad?  I have a netbook, and I've never had a problem with the small scree size.  I can take it to class, type my notes, surf the internet, IM friends, all at the same time. 

People keep comparing the iPad to netbooks because the desired market would most appeal to the netbook crowd.  I can see the iPad fitting a niche market but never dominating sales.  It looks like an absolute pain to type on for extended periods of time, you either have to lay it flat on a table or prop it up against your knees while sitting.  I won't attack someone who wants to go out and buy it, I just don't imagine it's practicality for most consumers.

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

Originally Posted by Definition Of Dopeness

StevieWonderTwitter.JPG

already putting it to use.
roll.gif

smh.gif

also why are ya'll comparing the iPad to a netbook. Its 2 totally different things
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

StevieWonderTwitter.JPG

roll.gif

smh.gif

also why are ya'll comparing the iPad to a netbook. Its 2 totally different things
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Instead of laughing about it can you explain exactly what the iPad is supposed to do??? I'm not attacking you or anything,; I just want to know exactly how they are different. I'm not a techie type person so they seem to be very similar to me.

Originally Posted by dapimpjuice4ya

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Instead of laughing about it can you explain exactly what the iPad is supposed to do??? I'm not attacking you or anything,; I just want to know exactly how they are different. I'm not a techie type person so they seem to be very similar to me.

the ipad is a giant ipod touch correct? it does the SAME thing as a iTouch or iPhone would do (-the calls).

a netbook is a mini laptop. like i said 2 different things. 

its a waste of $ tho, if u got the bread then cool, cop.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

I want to play with one

same here, maybe when i have some extra money i might just buy one to mess around with from time to time thats it.

I bought one this morning, told myself if they have it (best buy) when I get there, I'll buy it and I did (still haven't open). I can see both side of the arguements, why to buy and why not... some people just sound salty

Anyways, if anyone cares, I don't have a netbook/laptop at this time, if I did, I'm not sure I would have bought it. Currently, I'll use my wife laptop from time to time. But yeah, we travel often and can see this being easier to carry, go through TSA and use on a plane for entertainment then a laptop. I don't plan to pay bills on it or use it for work, I have an office, with a comfortable chair, desk, and a desktop to do that. But I do know it will be used while in other places of my house to watch, read, or browse on a big screen (vs my iPhone) without having to lug a heavy laptop.

I also take photos, I'm looking forward to being able to share these photos with friends and family (at events) on a nice screen. Again, you can do this on an iPhone or laptop, but again it will look better on the ipad and be more easier to carry then a laptop.

you guys do know that there is multi tasking if you jailbreak.

oh and to all those who are gonna say it should come stock with multi tasking it's coming in the 4.0 OS.

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by DROOPY7

Can I get a serious answer from a fan of this product?
What exactly does this do, that an iPhone or iTouch can't?
Break your toes if you drop it on them OF COURSE.
I know the medical field is looking at implementing this.  So it'll probably have programs that allows the digitalization of charts and records that could be tapped through the hospitals or clinics wifi.  I think it's a step in the right direction.

However, as a regular person, I really can't justify buying one.

really? this thing doesnt even have a stylus and the medical field is implementing it?

read the article on the "tablet" devices in this months Wired. I feel like this device is a major catalyst for gadget development, for those who are hating, there is a reason why apple is doing the things theyre doing (no multitasking, no camera, no flash etc) do you think theyre going to give us the end all be all right out the bat? giving an object room to grow means more money from consumers for every re-iteration....with that being said, I want this thing, but I'll wait a few months. this will change how people consume media imo

Just wait for the iPad 2G. It'll probably have a front facing camera and all that #@**.

Originally Posted by bns1201

read the article on the "tablet" devices in this months Wired. I feel like this device is a major catalyst for gadget development, for those who are hating, there is a reason why apple is doing the things theyre doing (no multitasking, no camera, no flash etc) do you think theyre going to give us the end all be all right out the bat? giving an object room to grow means more money from consumers for every re-iteration....with that being said, I want this thing, but I'll wait a few months. this will change how people consume media imo

I really hope other companies have something up their sleeve as far as competition.

Not gonna be an early adopter for apple products ever. Not to say I'm not intrigued, I'm gonna lay back in the cut and see what this thing is capable of and how its gonna unfold in the next 2 years. Specs get decent enough and features improve enough, which it will as Apple has historically done, then maybe I'll dabble in the 3rd generation. Til now, I'm sticking with my MBP which can do much more anyways

StevieWonderTwitter.JPG

roll.gif
roll.gif

anyway, im about ready to kill all my RSS subscriptions if I see another damn iPad post
laugh.gif
i honestly think gizmodo/engadget have made me hate this machine more than i already did.

sometimes i wish i was tech-stupid so i can enjoy technology like most do and not look too deep into it. but then again, i'd be broke and have useless toys.

i gotta hand it to apple though, they make some
pimp.gif
looking devices. if only the specs matched the hardware.

I'll wait till may before I read engadget/gizmodo again. Putting the not apple and ipad tags in the address gets rid of just about all the news for 2 days.
smh.gif

I'm all for iPhone news but this ipad trash is something else.

used it at my friend's house looks cool, but

i cant see myself dropping 600 on a hybrid kindle, itouch, photo-frame.

the amazing thing is how fast it runs  maybe that's why apple didnt add multitasking ?

also hd videos look
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

used it at my friend's house looks cool, but

i cant see myself dropping 600 on a hybrid kindle, itouch, photo-frame.

the amazing thing is how fast it runs  maybe that's why apple didnt add multitasking ?

also hd videos look
pimp.gif

o rly?  just view on an POTS connection without any programs it will be quite as fast

Back
Top Bottom