:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by StonedFace

Apple Google and Intel will rule the world one day

ohwell.gif
ruling is already in full effect son...what? you waiting for them to make a PSA?

laugh.gif
at all the dudes getting mad.  So long as they're not using your money to buy the iPad, why would you even care what other people spent THEIR OWN dough on?  Just keep it movin. 

UPS man just visited about 30 minutes ago.

Go buy one and support my AAPL stock--need it to go to 300.
tongue.gif

I guess the market for this is those who really use the apps on their iPhone or iPod touch, and want a better tool for using them. I mean, games and stuff on that little screen are a bit ridiculous. I think if they showed it more as a ereader that plays games, music, and movies, too, that it would be more well accepted. At first, I saw it as a giant iPod touch and thought it was obnoxious. Now, I can get a better understanding of what it is, but I wouldn't get enough use out of it. Perhaps by the 2nd or 3rd generation--which will undoubtedly come out relatively soon--they will have something more suitable for me.

Apple has to be laughing at the fools buying this. There's now way they are not doing this to just see how many idiots will buy a product they just put out for the hell of it.

Its 2010 and no multitasking? you gotta be kidding me.

When it goes down in price a little I'll def look into the 32gig 3G with the 14.99 plan...

There's tons of free wi-fi every where I go anyway.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Apple has to be laughing at the fools buying this. There's now way they are not doing this to just see how many idiots will buy a product they just put out for the hell of it.

Co sign, I still stand by my first opinion of the device, just another cash cow for Apple to milk - the "iTouch Na'vi' Edition."

exactly... smh @ people trying to act like multitasking is no big deal
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

Co sign, I still stand by my first opinion of the device, just another cash cow for Apple to milk - the "iTouch Na'vi' Edition."
This is pretty darn clever.

Devs have done a great job designing apps--Marvel Comics, The Elements, Epicurious, ABC Player, etc--pre-launch. I can only imagine what they will come up with with now that the thing's out and open to performance feedback.

Hopefully it's more than just an "avatar".

Just like Amazon's been laughing at all the Kindle customers right?  They're paying $450 for an E-reader. 
laugh.gif
  Who cares about multitasking on an e-reader when you've got e-ink. 
roll.gif

Seriously - I think many of you set your expectations too high.  This thing is being brought out to compete with netbooks and e-readers.  Sorry if you thought it was going to replace laptops.  However, if you thought that, then you were a moron to begin with. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

exactly... smh @ people trying to act like multitasking is no big deal
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
i knew i couldn't be the only one. Multitasking is a major thing nowadays.

It was like 2 in the morning and i was driving back home and see people camping out. I really didnt know what they were doing, thought Best Buy was giving out free electronics or something 
laugh.gif
. then i forgot this Ipad is dropping. I was like
eek.gif
smh.gif
tired.gif

Why exactly is multi-tasking a big deal, for this type of device?

You can listen to music whenever in the background.

If your surfing the web what else you gonna want to be doing except jamming some tunes in the background, oh you want to check your calendar?
All it takes is a button push and a tap, check, button push, and then tap back to safari. Same goes for any other app you want. That seems effective enough, for this type of device.

you all know that a multi-tasking interface is coming, they could prob do that in an update.

Ha. People flocking to purchase this crap is proof that folks are mindless consumers. I don't see how this thing is useful at all... Their biggest selling point for this $500-800 oversized iTouch is that it's great for reading news and books?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by pjhoody

Ha. People flocking to purchase this crap is proof that folks are mindless consumers. I don't see how this thing is useful at all... Their biggest selling point for this $500-800 oversized iTouch is that it's great for reading news and books?
indifferent.gif
lol

Originally Posted by Cz7

Why exactly is multi-tasking a big deal, for this type of device?

You can listen to music whenever in the background.

If your surfing the web what else you gonna want to be doing except jamming some tunes in the background, oh you want to check your calendar?
All it takes is a button push and a tap, check, button push, and then tap back to safari. Same goes for any other app you want. That seems effective enough, for this type of device.

you all know that a multi-tasking interface is coming, they could prob do that in an update.

Once the multi-tasking and flash comes out the Ipad will be a problem. I could see Ipads being very useful for college students. Just think how much easier life would be carrying an Ipad around instead of textbooks and a laptop.

indifferent.gif

Im saying.

^Exactly, and any other paper-bound media. Need a book for class? Imagine being able to purchase it and read it instantly instead of having to wait a week to take delivery. There are a lot of other scenarios as well that I can't think of.

Originally Posted by treewing

^Exactly, and any other paper-bound media. Need a book for class? Imagine being able to purchase it and read it instantly instead of having to wait a week to take delivery. There are a lot of other scenarios as well that I can't think of.

This argument doesn't hold much weight because netbooks are a better solution. Also, it's ultimately up to the publisher to release PDF versions of their textbooks which inevitably opens them up to newer heights of piracy.

This is strictly a larger version of an iphone/itouch and for those that prefer Apple's design and interface. It can be a useful product but not at the 500 price point. I'm not even going to mention the supposed $900 3G version.
laugh.gif

It'd be perfect at around $400.

indifferent.gif

why do NTers of all people throw this out?? 
eyes.gif
 mindless consumers huh? how many Nikes have you purchased in your lifetime that you really needed in your life? 
eyes.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by politicsasusual

This is pretty darn clever.

Devs have done a great job designing apps--Marvel Comics, The Elements, Epicurious, ABC Player, etc--pre-launch. I can only imagine what they will come up with with now that the thing's out and open to performance feedback.

Hopefully it's more than just an "avatar".
i think he was referring to the size of the device since the na'vi are like 12 feet

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by treewing

This argument doesn't hold much weight because netbooks are a better solution. Also, it's ultimately up to the publisher to release PDF versions of their textbooks which inevitably opens them up to newer heights of piracy.

This is strictly a larger version of an iphone/itouch and for those that prefer Apple's design and interface. It can be a useful product but not at the 500 price point. I'm not even going to mention the supposed $900 3G version.
laugh.gif

It'd be perfect at around $400.

It wouldn't even be perfect if it were free.

Don't get me wrong, it has potential, but this 1st gen iPad is a joke IMO.

I went and played around with it today.

The thing is....it's awesome. Dope as hell. But everything that it does great i can already do on my laptop so it would be pointless to buy.

Has anyone in here used a netbook? That screen is unbearable to me. And people keep comparing the iPad to netbooks, that is a completely different category.

Back
Top Bottom