:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Its actually quite brilliant for a few reasons/people
-My sister works for an ad agency and is responsible for reading hundreds of news articles online which all happen to be integrated into google reader, which is part of the ipad's functioning services

-It's the perfect device for the demographic of people who are not good with computers. It has email, maps, music, notes, and internet. What else could someone who is retired and 65 need to communicate?

-If this thing could manage my notes and text books for college, I would love to take this thing to class every day instead of the pounds of books i usually have to lug around. Cheaper and more cost effective than printing millions of books. Eliminates the need for paper textbooks. Students: how much did you spend on books this semester? I bet it was around the same cost as an Ipad.

-The development of programs is much different for this because of the amount of usable touchscreen space. we will see some very interesting programs coming out that will change your mind on the subject.

interested to hear your responses

this is just a gimmick. a gimmick that lots of ppl will get suckered into. i just don't see the point of this. i'll stick to my macbook pro.

Originally Posted by Murray497

-My sister works for an ad agency and is responsible for reading hundreds of news articles online which all happen to be integrated into google reader, which is part of the ipad's functioning services

-It's the perfect device for the demographic of people who are not good with computers. It has email, maps, music, notes, and internet. What else could someone who is retired and 65 need to communicate?

-If this thing could manage my notes and text books for college, I would love to take this thing to class every day instead of the pounds of books i usually have to lug around. Cheaper and more cost effective than printing millions of books. Eliminates the need for paper textbooks. Students: how much did you spend on books this semester? I bet it was around the same cost as an Ipad.

-The development of programs is much different for this because of the amount of usable touchscreen space. we will see some very interesting programs coming out that will change your mind on the subject.

they invented this a couple years ago.

it's called a laptop.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

it's called a laptop.

indifferent.gif
 at your lame jokes.

Have you ever seen someone use a computer for the first time? my friends dad calls him all the time asking how to print things and save them. ipad/iphone/itouch are all very intuitive. Apples strategic planners> Niketalks critics. Sorry

it's called a laptop.

indifferent.gif
 at your lame jokes.

Have you ever seen someone use a computer for the first time? my friends dad calls him all the time asking how to print things and save them. ipad/iphone/itouch are all very intuitive. Apples strategic planners> Niketalks critics. Sorry

so why did you ask for responses if you were going to get butt hurt?

everything you said has been done by computers. the only thing i give you is that it's easier. aside from that, ipad isn't the first thing that lets you read websites. it isn't the first thing that lets you write notes. it isn't the first thing that lets you read textbooks. it isn't the first thing that has maps, email, music or the internet.

and apple's "strategic planners" surely messed up on their first tablet and ATV wasn't a hot seller and neither was the macbook air. so relax
grin.gif

here's to hoping they get it right on the second version, if this one doesn't go the air/atv road.

The iPad will kill the market. It doesn't claim to be the first for anyything. The iPhone wasn't the first phone ever, nor the first to incorporate music playback and internet browsing. It was how they did it. Its not doing anything that hasn't been done, but it will revolutionize media consumption. Anyone who studies or understands marketing and advertising will recognize this. Sure its not a tablet pc, but it's not trying to be that. Apple could have easily made something like that, and I'm sure they evaluated that possibility.

what market are you talking about? there is no slate/tablet market. the different between the iphone and this is, while you are correct that it wasn't the first.. but it was the first that did it smoothly. THAT was a revolutionary product. this? this is apple's nintendo DSi XL (which is hilarious how gadget blogs are talking bad about it but praising the ipad). same #$@@, bigger size.

The iPad will kill the market. It doesn't claim to be the first for anyything. The iPhone wasn't the first phone ever, nor the first to incorporate music playback and internet browsing. It was how they did it. Its not doing anything that hasn't been done, but it will revolutionize media consumption. Anyone who studies or understands marketing and advertising will recognize this. Sure its not a tablet pc, but it's not trying to be that. Apple could have easily made something like that, and I'm sure they evaluated that possibility.

I study and understand marketing, and Apple has one of the best marketing teams around. That doesnt change the fact that the iPad is TRASH. No flash support, no multitasking, and shoddy internet service is not going to be the end to tablets. I will, however, be surprised if Apple doesnt sell these things like they're a box of $100 bills
smh.gif
tired.gif
I hate how people will buy things because they're so sucked into a brand.

what market are you talking about? there is no slate/tablet market. the different between the iphone and this is, while you are correct that it wasn't the first.. but it was the first that did it smoothly. THAT was a revolutionary product. this? this is apple's nintendo DSi XL (which is hilarious how gadget blogs are talking bad about it but praising the ipad). same #$@@, bigger size.
Well put
laugh.gif

it's called a laptop.

indifferent.gif
 at your lame jokes.

so why did you ask for responses if you were going to get butt hurt?

everything you said has been done by computers. the only thing i give you is that it's easier. aside from that, ipad isn't the first thing that lets you read websites. it isn't the first thing that lets you write notes. it isn't the first thing that lets you read textbooks. it isn't the first thing that has maps, email, music or the internet.

and apple's "strategic planners" surely messed up on their first tablet and ATV wasn't a hot seller and neither was the macbook air. so relax
grin.gif

here's to hoping they get it right on the second version, if this one doesn't go the air/atv road.
Since when is this thing being marketed to old people?  My mom is 50 and can't figure out her iphone.  I doubt old people who have a tendency to shun new technology anyway will be buying these.

This thing is nothing more then a glorified E-reader.  All these people saying its going to make college easier and they can take this thing and thats it. They make digital school books now your laptop can do all of this stuff. 

The only purpose this thing serves is if you are an avid reader and are in the market for an e-reader.  For the price it is the best e-reader out there by far.  But for those of us that don't read books this thing is a waste of time.  No flash plus no multitasking = waste of money

Originally Posted by HelloHipHop4000

Can some one please give me ONE reason to buy this. Just ONE??
you can break up a good amount of weed on this thing

how is anyone defending this thing when it has NO MULTITASKING. if you know that it has no multitasking and you buy it the first day you are a sheep/slave whatever you want to call it. that's like releasing a videogame system without internet in 2010

Originally Posted by DubA169

how is anyone defending this thing when it has NO MULTITASKING. if you know that it has no multitasking and you buy it the first day you are a sheep/slave whatever you want to call it. that's like releasing a videogame system without internet in 2010
roll.gif
roll.gif

Alright. NT is stubborn and I admit defeat. I see and understand your criticism but I still think it is an interesting piece of technology and will do very well. Apple must be doing something right because the first shipments already sold out. Done arguing.

http://www.engadget.com/topics/tabletpcs
[h4]First NYC iPad line sitter also camped for first iPhone: a legend is born (video)[/h4]
By Darren Murph posted Apr 1st 2010 11:33AM

post_icon_video.gif

Greg Packer, we salute you. Sure, the weather in New York City is a lot finer now than it was back in the sweltering summer of 2007, but we still feel the need to tip our hat to someone who'd camp out three whole days at Apple's Fifth Avenue store (read: "The Cube") for an iPad. Tipster Tom dropped in the image after the break at around 3:15PM ET yesterday, and after a short nap in Penn Station, Mr. Packer is freshened up and holding down his spot yet again. We aren't anticipating iPhone-esque lines this coming Saturday, but considering that new pre-orders aren't being fulfilled until April 12th or later, we reckon this guy is following that whole "better safe than sorry" thing to a T. Check out a brief video captured on the streets by tapping that 'Read More' link, and head on over to Switched if you'd like to relive a similar interview from the iPhone campout.

We'll leave you with a few choice quotes from Mr. Packer on why exactly he's doing such a thing for such a product:
Question: "So, nobody took your place?"
Packer: "No, nobody... nobody."

Question: "So, you are the first one?"
Packer: "So far, yep yep!"

Question: "So you're going to be the first one to buy one, also?"
Packer: "Yep, yep!"

Question: "Do you have any number?"
Packer: "Huh?! Yes, yes. Well, first come, first serve! They don't give you a number, you queue up for a number."

Question: "Do you have something in your bag, to eat or drink?"
Packer: "Just mainly a change of clothes. Nothing to eat, nothing to drink."

Question "Why do you want [the iPad] so desperately?"
Packer "Because... it's like a mini laptop! I mean, you just... you know, click it on, just like you click the iPhone on. And you don't have to open it up, and you know, go through, you know, go through everything. "

Question "So, you need to have it?"
Packer "Yes! "

http://www.engadget.com/2...or-first-iphone-a-legen/
smh.gif
indifferent.gif
sheep

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Originally Posted by DubA169

roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm sold.  JK, but after seeing it on Modern Family, I kind of want one... not exactly sure why, though.
ohwell.gif

i wont be buying this piece of trash, despite the fact im doing everything apple in my house :smh:

it really is just a big %#% iphone/ipod

iPad_ready

If you were wondering exactly what sites out there are geared specifically for iPad without Adobe’s Flash, be sure to visit the new page that Apple has created which displays all of the current “iPad ready

Back
Top Bottom