:::Meet iPad::: (It really is magical.)

Ok, heres an honest opinion.  I bought the 64 gig this morning after cutting the line @ the Garden State Maill in NJ.  Let's be clear, I had the perception that this Ipad was nothing special. Almost $800 later, I still feel its nothing special. Why did I buy it? Impulse and the desire to have the newest and coolest toy.  Luckily, I can afford to waste the $ because thats what it was in my opinion.  I have no use for it but I knew that before I bought it.  So if you dont have a couple hundred atleast to waste, save your $.

Originally Posted by eldorado36

Ok, heres an honest opinion.  I bought the 64 gig this morning after cutting the line @ the Garden State Maill in NJ.  Let's be clear, I had the perception that this Ipad was nothing special. Almost $800 later, I still feel its nothing special. Why did I buy it? Impulse and the desire to have the newest and coolest toy.  Luckily, I can afford to waste the $ because thats what it was in my opinion.  I have no use for it but I knew that before I bought it.  So if you dont have a couple hundred atleast to waste, save your $.

pics or ducktales because they werent selling to anyone with out a reservation until 3...

Originally Posted by agold1002

Originally Posted by eldorado36

pics or ducktales because they werent selling to anyone with out a reservation until 3...
http://twitter.com/elgindotcom
http://tweetphoto.com/16950082
http://tweetphoto.com/16951231

^ I got a couple duckets to waste but I only want the 32gig... I'm still in the midst of figuring oyt exactly what an ipad even offers in comparison to my ipod touch right now

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by Cz7

Why exactly is multi-tasking a big deal, for this type of device?

You can listen to music whenever in the background.

If your surfing the web what else you gonna want to be doing except jamming some tunes in the background, oh you want to check your calendar?
All it takes is a button push and a tap, check, button push, and then tap back to safari. Same goes for any other app you want. That seems effective enough, for this type of device.

you all know that a multi-tasking interface is coming, they could prob do that in an update.

Once the multi-tasking and flash comes out the Ipad will be a problem. I could see Ipads being very useful for college students. Just think how much easier life would be carrying an Ipad around instead of textbooks and a laptop.
since 2005, atleast half of my textbooks could be purchased online at safarix.com. My carry load each day at school was cut in half.. I guess it's not official until Apple does it?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

since 2005, atleast half of my textbooks could be purchased online at safarix.com. My carry load each day at school was cut in half.. I guess it's not official until Apple does it?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
agreed, but they call you a cynic if you don't follow the masses

^I just realized safarix.com turned into coursesmart.com, which has a apps link on the main page. The bridge has been connected and the masses will see what a select few saw years ago. I'm glad it's gaining popularity but with that you'll see many prance around and throw it in everyone's face like it's some brand new thing.
laugh.gif
You see it everyday.

I can see it now. 90% of the people I saw in college lecture halls multitasked beyond belief. Alt+Tabbing from a e-textbook, to firefox, to word, and powerpoint.. The power of a laptop put to full use.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

^ I got a couple duckets to waste but I only want the 32gig... I'm still in the midst of figuring oyt exactly what an ipad even offers in comparison to my ipod touch right now

Thats what I'm sayin.

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Absolutely nothing. If you buy this, it's proof you'll buy anything from Apple.

thanks for posting the links from my twitter account.. Anyways, Im still @ work so I havent gotten around to messing with it too tough. Everyone that comes in my office is like "wowwwwwwww" im like >kanye shrug< The book app and the twitterific are pretty neat.. Now if I can only find some of Michael Eric Dysons books to purchase.

Im bout to go look at this thing.

I already know its imperfect but jesus christ we got some salty people in here. Half the $#!# yall are complaining about is null in void once the hackers get ahold of this thing.

Im an iPhone user so it'd be dope as ##$$ to have an iPad in my room on some house phone $#!#...
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by Cz7

Why exactly is multi-tasking a big deal, for this type of device?

You can listen to music whenever in the background.

If your surfing the web what else you gonna want to be doing except jamming some tunes in the background, oh you want to check your calendar?
All it takes is a button push and a tap, check, button push, and then tap back to safari. Same goes for any other app you want. That seems effective enough, for this type of device.

you all know that a multi-tasking interface is coming, they could prob do that in an update.

Once the multi-tasking and flash comes out the Ipad will be a problem. I could see Ipads being very useful for college students. Just think how much easier life would be carrying an Ipad around instead of textbooks and a laptop.
I see what you are saying, but I currently use a netbook when I'm at school for the exact same reasons you just mentioned. My bigger laptop stays at home. That netbook was also half of the price of the current iPad and I love it because it's simple and does everything I need it to do while I'm at school on late nights studying. I just think Apple needs to do something to make this a more appealing option if they are trying to compete with netbooks. Honestly, the no multitasking is a deal breaker for me.

How good is that screen going to look covered in greasy fingerprints?  Apple could start making touchscreen toasters and they'd be backordered and sold out at stores.

Back
Top Bottom