|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Now go after KD.
KD would laugh at the though of Luke Walton being his HC

You could have literally said the same thing about Steve Kerr. Literally.
Literally every team wanted to hire Luke. But we acting like we just hired trash. My gosh lol
Just be opened minded. We sound spoiled as hell :lol:

Yea how much coaching experience did kerr have when he supposedly built the dubs program?

Less than Luke or...?

Does Luke have any experience developing young players? Cause I'm pretty sure Mark Jackson was the one to do that in Golden State and then Kerr took over.

Last edited:
During one Warriors' practice in October, power forward Draymond Green grumbled about the organization of a drill. He was testing the substitute teacher. Walton halted the action and explained the value of the drill, defending himself and defusing his emotional star.
Like Jackson, Walton would agree that his best coaching is often the absence of coaching. When Green picked up his fourth foul to open the third quarter against the Clippers, Walton ignored the advice of his assistants and left him in, keying a 16-point comeback. When the Nets made a third-quarter charge eight games later, taking a five-point lead, Walton again spurned his staff's pleas for a timeout. Our guys are champions, Walton thought. They'll figure it out.
http://www.si.com/nba/2015/12/17/golden-state-warriors-stephen-curry-luke-walton-steve-kerr

That first sentence of the 2nd paragraph is scary especially coming from him. He's not Phil. Last line our guys are champions, they'll figure it out.

*looks at current roster*

Nope don't see any champions

Does Luke have any experience developing young players? Cause I'm pretty sure Mark Jackson was the one to do that in Golden State and then Kerr took over.

If you count coaching a college team or the defenders then yea.

I'd probably piss my pants if he brought Nash with him as an assistant :wow:.

Or Messina :lol:

Luke wasnt my first choice. But I'm definitely not mad at the decision. You think we bring in Brian Shaw as one of his assistants? 

Last edited:
Luke's empty suits can coach better than what we had in Byron, it's an upgrade, plain and simple.

nah.

I'll be shocked if he's not fired in 3 seasons.

yall gonna see, players dont take to younger coaches.

**** man, feels like D'antoni hiring all over again :smh: :x

free agents not going to want to come over and play for a brand new coach, plain and simple, especially FA's tryna make playoffs. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Please understand free agents are not making their decisions primarily based on the coach, but talent on the team.

I might be getting myself too worked up over here but does anyone know the terms of Nash's gig with gsw? If he can somehow be available to coach or even just be a consultant with us....bruh.

I'd be downright giddy

I might be getting myself too worked up over here but does anyone know the terms of Nash's gig with gsw? If he can somehow be available to coach or even just be a consultant with us....bruh.

I'd be downright giddy
We aint given that MF NO MO $$$

I'd be downright giddy
From what I recall, he's just a consultant that occasionally visits the team.

Primarily no but as a factor amidst other things, I think it has to be taken into account, otherwise why fire Byron.

As Ska said him being basically a babysitter and with the line the best coaching is no coaching sometimes, that **** don't fly with a young team.

I think Luke can attract FAs. He's a winner at every level, he won rings as a player and asst. coach, maybe another one this season as the lead asst. and he's young and can relate. Plus he knows the GSW secret sauce and can duplicate that formula here - ball movement, small ball, etc

I stated a few pages back....current generation of players do not respect younger, peer-type coaches.....luke is pretty fresh out the league still and was a scrub when he played.

the young doods are gonna be raising up on this cat all day in the locker room, luke just dont strike me as a leader of men.....maybe a good technical coach, X and O's and all that.....but I dont think cats is looking up to him for anything in that locker room.

The D'antoni hiring smelled like a disaster from the day jim announced it, same smell today.

well see, but I think the time luke had at the helm at GSW earlier this year has many people fooled.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom