|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 5m5 minutes ago
I hate the Lakers and just can't find it in me to hate on the Luke Walton hiring. It's the first smart Lakers move in like 4 years.

Like I said in the reg. seas. thread:

I'll try to be open minded.

I guess.

Dude's only HC experience has been being a substitute teacher for an injured Kerr at the start of the season. That was Kerr's team, Kerr's roster, Kerr's rotations, Kerr's offense, Kerr's defense... and Luuuuuke just stepped in and ran it. He didn't build it. He ran it.

Now he has to build a program.

Our program.

:\

while i agree to an extent but the same thing can be said about kerr... he took over a team that was mark jacksons and made that team relevant again with the current roster...obviously kerr took marks team and made it better but at the same time he took over a team that was already built on success and improved on it... so same principle with luke... i think hes a good hire for you guys so congrats on getting a good coach... i wish the Knicks got him tbh and they dropped the ball again on hiring another good coach because Phil sucks at being a president

Last edited:
Critical thinking question for anyone... ummmm... capable:

ASIDE FROM THE START OF THE WARRIORS SEASON, what reason is there to be happy for Luke as our next HC?

He's young and unproven.

That might not sound like much but it's still progress for the Lakers.

He could be well be another Byron... But hes built enough of a reputation where he could turn out to be a bright new coach. That chance is what makes it exciting.

He's young and unproven.

That might not sound like much but it's still progress for the Lakers.

He could be well be another Byron... But hes built enough of a reputation where he could turn out to be a bright new coach. That chance is what makes it exciting.
What reputation?

He did nothing 

ASIDE FROM THE START OF THE WARRIORS SEASON, what reason is there to be happy for Luke as our next HC?
He's young and unproven.
So is rck. 
ohwell.gif

Momo:

Luke Walton was the Lakers first choice and the only candidate they interviewed, source tells ESPN. They had other meetings lined up but cancelled them after yesterday's interview with Walton in Oakland.

Not surprising. I suspected this since they waited to fire Buffoon after Thibs and Brooks was hired. Puke was the only real target.

Last edited:
An idiot who LOATHES the Lakers. And even this move, he can't hate on.

Pat Riley came out of the broadcast booth to become a coach. Jesus Christ guys. :lol:

What was Phil doin before he became a coach?

Y'all gotta relax. Luke's empty suits can coach better than what we had in Byron, it's an upgrade, plain and simple.

You could have literally said the same thing about Steve Kerr. Literally.
Literally every team wanted to hire Luke. But we acting like we just hired trash. My gosh lol
Just be opened minded. We sound spoiled as hell :lol:

He's young and unproven.
So is rck. :\

I went on to say he built a reputation, which rck has not. :lol:

Whether that reputation (for being smart, having a good understanding of the game) is accurate or is worth a damn as a full-on head coach, we don't know. But it creates some potential that he'll be better than some retread.

Last edited:
Here's the thing... He doesn't have to get us championships...

Just develop the young guys.. Even if we don't get to playoffs the next 2 years... Get the young guys to the next hump.

If that's what he does... Then great.

Just need improvement first before we start saying championship.

It's also a good sign they did not go retread. That's at least some forward thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom