|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="Mamba MVP"]Dirk competing for a chip on his way out? No evidence for that?[/quote]Can the 76ers win a chip this year?

Can we?

[quote name="Mamba MVP"][quote name="DarthSka"]Not everyone who makes the playoffs is a contender, so I'm not even saying that. But by your logic, then only the Warriors and Spurs are in contention this year. And only the Warriors were title contenders last year.[/quote]That's correct, Cavs too even know they'll likely not win, they'll technically still be competing for the title. OKC on the cusp but yea that's about it 4 teams like it usually is every year.[/quote]I agree with this opinion, but I recognize that it is my opinion.

Not a fact.

Fact is, if you make the playoffs, you have a chance to keep playing for a title. If you don't, you don't.

- fact: the Mavs are in contention
- opinion: the likelihood of a Mavs championship is slim

Last edited:
Can the 76ers win a chip this year?

Can we?

No. Not sure what that has to do with you making up a scenario that has no merit...aka a hypothetical. Dallas hasn't been a contender since 2011.

Contender means by definition is a person/team who has a good chance of winning; competitor for a high award or championship. Also by Webster "there are several contestants but only two real contenders". That's all Dallas and the rest are just contestants or participants.

Last edited:
Fair enough.[quote name="NobleKane"]Tim duncan is probably the only great in the modern day nba to be able to go out as a champ

Mj had the chance but ruined it due to coming back[/quote]Kidd almost went out on top (of he hadn't went to the Knicks.)

Guarantee whenever Dirk retires, the Mavs will be in contention (a playoff contestant :lol:).

Other examples in other sports.

PS. Before anyone thinks it, I'm not saying it has to be done the way those guys have done/will do it. Duncan was mentioned. I'm responding with others.

Last edited:
MJ, Elway ( I don't count the comeback)

Magic and Kareem went out losing in the Finals.

Duncan will get close

Kidd was close

Peyton has a chance

Brady may have a chance when the day comes.

Shaq, Dirk were on playoff teams

Kobe, KG both on rebuilding teams.

Hypothetical that I saw on Twitter and I'm going to modify

Would you rather..... Lose the pick, and that's the thing that fires Byron..... Or keep the pick, but Byron is here for 3 more years after this one.

Last edited:
Keep the pick. Always. Byron in here doesn't necessarily mean he's the coach. He can go back to his studio job.

Last edited:
Keep the pick because we all know full well he isn't lasting three more years. :lol:

Last edited:
tumblr_lsxiigas821qf28p4o2_250.gif

Gift, from me, to you all.

Brooklyn plays Philly THREE more times still. Meaning, no matter what, one of them at least stacks a couple W's. Even if they split, we still benefit in a major way. :pimp:

the hell is kobe doing, out here giving motivational speeches telling our bums that its not okay to lose ever game 
mean.gif

The Lakers need to find a way to swap Hibbert and Noah.

Would be nice, doubtful tho he just jams up everything with gasol or Gibson
My rationale is the Bulls continue starting Pau-Gibson and then bring Hibbert-Mirotic off the bench. Play Hibbert exclusively with fake stretch four Mirotic to keep a semblance of spacing. Figures to only be about 12-15 MPG for Hibbert, but likely better than zero minutes of Noah.

Last edited:
Lose the pick and lose Byron now. No way I can stand another three years of missing the playoffs.

We'll likely miss the playoffs work or without the pick regardless unless a star signs here. Might as well have another young piece. The scenario doesn't compute anyway.

@tomhaberstroh Jan 23
Miami Heat this season:
with Goran, no Wade: +62
with Goran and Wade: +8
with Wade, no Goran: -70

Interesting Heat stat.. Why I posted it... I like what it potentially could mean if we had Russell & Whiteside.

Although there are a lot of other considerations for this, but from a elementary level...

I think Russell will be far better player than Dragic at the top of his prime, but there are some similarities between the two. And if the Heat are that much better with Dragic on the court, and they play 75% of their minutes together, that bodes well for fit.

Also add in Whiteside's P&R, and transition stats.

Still very worried about giving him max money by himself, but the fit is there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom