|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sucks. Rain, dumb *** one way streets and a ton of moronic people with little brother syndrome. And it's boring as hell compared to bigger cities/states.

If you hit one of the suburbs, you'd be better off.

It is a beautiful area, it probably is a little safer for kids, but it lacks. Beaches suck, royally. You can hunt, do some skiing, and hit up some lame *** "clubs" but overall it's pretty dead. Plan on a lot of nights at home.
laugh.gif
Bruh, I didn't think Portland would be all that. But, that's... that's... damn. 
laugh.gif

I was looking to go back to LA regardless, with a short pitstop in Portland, but this is just adding to the con pile. I've visited briefly, but not enough to get a feel. We also took a trip to Seattle, which I liked a lot more, but heard that it was even more dreary during the winter with the months of rain, gray, and lack of sun. How long have you been in OR? If I do end up out there, I might have to hit you up for NBA games and some Star Wars/FF if it's so dead. 

[quote name="CP1708"][quote name="duck dodgers"]How was the thread when Kobe scored the 81
Blood, everywhere. :lol:

Mostly Zo's.[/quote]One of us is misremembering.

Because I remember much praise, like a thread full of And-1 hypemen. "Ohhhh, baaybee! OHHHH, BAAAYBEEEE!!!"[/quote]

Laker fans, absolutely.

Haters, were pissed and throwing fits, ala Zo. :lol:

It sucks. Rain, dumb *** one way streets and a ton of moronic people with little brother syndrome. And it's boring as hell compared to bigger cities/states.

If you hit one of the suburbs, you'd be better off.

It is a beautiful area, it probably is a little safer for kids, but it lacks. Beaches suck, royally. You can hunt, do some skiing, and hit up some lame *** "clubs" but overall it's pretty dead. Plan on a lot of nights at home. :lol:
Bruh, I didn't think Portland would be all that. But, that's... that's... damn. :lol:

I was looking to go back to LA regardless, with a short pitstop in Portland, but this is just adding to the con pile. I've visited briefly, but not enough to get a feel. We also took a trip to Seattle, which I liked a lot more, but heard that it was even more dreary during the winter with the months of rain, gray, and lack of sun. How long have you been in OR? If I do end up out there, I might have to hit you up for NBA games and some Star Wars/FF if it's so dead. 

Long God damn time. :lol:

Like 20 years.

Wilsonville is nice.
Parts of Beaverton/Tigard
Sherwood
West Linn

Start there, you'll be happier. (If you're tryin to stay within earshot of Portland) 20-25 minutes.

The 2010 Lakers were running on fumes. 2015 Warriors would run them off the floor, I think.

Most of you guys already know I had the 81 point shoes. I don't think I ever told the story on how I got them.

9 years ago, Niketown LA released the 81 point ZK1's.

There was a website named why 81.com. You could register there for the scavenger hunt. I met up with another NT'er (Chris) and we drove to Niketown LA.

They gave us card and there were 4 places we had to visit. I'll be honest. I don't even remember the 4 places. Me and Chris rode around LA speeding to get to these spots. We finally got to the 3rd spot and found out NTLA was the last place. There were only 81 pairs available and the only size you could get was size 14. Crazy enough that was my size and Chris's size.

We made it back but knew we still had a chance. We got in line and we both got pairs....

View media item 1880339View media item 1880340View media item 1880341View media item 1880342View media item 1880343View media item 1880344
Was a great day....

A year later, Nike had a promotion for the ZK2's. I really forget how this one went down but Nike had opened a new store in LA. I truly forget the name and even how the promotion went down, but if you won you got to play in this game and they told us we would be playing with Kobe. Turns out Kobe would only referee the game. At the end of the game they let us buy the ZK2's a week early and Kobe would autograph them. I had brought the 81 point shoes with me. I snuck one in the box with the ZK2's. He looked at the ZK1...but signed it anyway. Just sucks he was only doing the KB24 auto for this promotion. I have since sold those ZK2's... But these will never leave...

View media item 1880351View media item 1880352
I always take them out every once in a while...today was extra special. :smokin

I pulled the DMP for 160 that week. :pimp:

They had security walk us all to our car and everything. In Beaverton Oregon. :lol: :rofl:

What were they gonna do, throw their starbucks in my face? FOH. :lol:

shaqrules shaqrules Bro, I forgot. Do you still have your pair?
@tupac003 unfortunately i do not. i sold them LONG ago to another NTer. kinda wish i held on to them...but then again, if i were to do it sell over again, i would've gave them to vince. i still remember that day...it was the first time we met each other. first stop was at venice beach, don't remember if it was second or third stop, but it was that one movie theater over by fairfax, and the last spot before ntla was a ymca i think. i still remember that funny look we got from that older white lady when she was staring at your spinners on the altima...haha!!! good times my bro! i'm glad you got to wear them against your boy and get them signed.

I would do dirty things for those 81s

I have the same Lakers blanket

Wore it like a cape and did a lap around the room when dfish hit that shot vs Orlando to send us to OT

@tupac003 unfortunately i do not. i sold them LONG ago to another NTer. kinda wish i held on to them...but then again, if i were to do it sell over again, i would've gave them to vince. i still remember that day...it was the first time we met each other. first stop was at venice beach, don't remember if it was second or third stop, but it was that one movie theater over by fairfax, and the last spot before ntla was a ymca i think. i still remember that funny look we got from that older white lady when she was staring at your spinners on the altima...haha!!! good times my bro! i'm glad you got to wear them against your boy and get them signed.

shaqrules shaqrules Why did you bring up the spinners?!?! Lol I killed just about all of the evidence of me ever owning them! Lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom