|| LocK Dis Up ||

How Many Games Do You Project The Lakers Will Win This Season?

• 15-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-25

• 26-30

• 31-35

• 36-40

• 41-45

• 46-50

• 51-55

• 56-73

• They Will Break the NBA Record with 74+ Wins

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the why 81s also. Such an awesome day. We had 5 homies and 4 of our 5 ended up winning the raffle. Our group got chosen by Nike to get followed through the entire scavenger hunt and filmed/interviewed at every location which was pretty cool. I actually ended up being the very first raffle winner called. I was eating a TMNT ice cream from one of those mexican guys with the carts, and they called the first number which happened to be mine and I threw the ice cream down and pushed my way up to the front. I never planned on getting rid of them, but after hearing from some pretty good sources with Nike they would be re-releasing this year I decided to let them go last month. Ended up getting $8k for them so I couldn't really turn it down. If they were my size I most likely would have kept em, but I need a 12 so hopefully I score if/when this retro happens.

Most of you guys already know I had the 81 point shoes. I don't think I ever told the story on how I got them.

9 years ago, Niketown LA released the 81 point ZK1's.

There was a website named why 81.com. You could register there for the scavenger hunt. I met up with another NT'er (Chris) and we drove to Niketown LA.

They gave us card and there were 4 places we had to visit. I'll be honest. I don't even remember the 4 places. Me and Chris rode around LA speeding to get to these spots. We finally got to the 3rd spot and found out NTLA was the last place. There were only 81 pairs available and the only size you could get was size 14. Crazy enough that was my size and Chris's size.

We made it back but knew we still had a chance. We got in line and we both got pairs....

View media item 1880339View media item 1880340View media item 1880341View media item 1880342View media item 1880343View media item 1880344
Was a great day....

A year later, Nike had a promotion for the ZK2's. I really forget how this one went down but Nike had opened a new store in LA. I truly forget the name and even how the promotion went down, but if you won you got to play in this game and they told us we would be playing with Kobe. Turns out Kobe would only referee the game. At the end of the game they let us buy the ZK2's a week early and Kobe would autograph them. I had brought the 81 point shoes with me. I snuck one in the box with the ZK2's. He looked at the ZK1...but signed it anyway. Just sucks he was only doing the KB24 auto for this promotion. I have since sold those ZK2's... But these will never leave...

View media item 1880351View media item 1880352
I always take them out every once in a while...today was extra special. :smokin

thats dope bruh :nthat:

vtotheinay vtotheinay 8K? Where did you sell yours?

I won this nike contest on instagram for having one of the top 3 kobe collections and got to display my stuff at the kobe X unveiling event in LA. They had this plaque with my instagram name on it and a lot of chinese kobe fans found my page because of pictures of the event with my IG name on the plaque. One of em ended up DMing me and offering me the $$ and it was too hard to turn down.

Here's my entry in case anyone wanted to see:

Last edited:
vtotheinay vtotheinay that is one hell of a collection. I sold off most Kobe's. But that is great. Some of the stuff I sold off I regret. The MVP 3's....man. I don't know if I could ever give up my 81 point shoes.

Last edited:
You're nuts.

Anthony Brown travels every time teams run him off the three point line and he's forced to put the ball on the floor.

@tupac003 Remember this pic? This is the last pic I have of my zk1 81 points and the game used MLK iv's too! Funny thing is I enjoy my dfish pe's more anything else in this pic. Haha.
View media item 1880608

Last edited:
Dope anecdotes and collections :nthat:

giphy.gif

I'm still encouraged by Julius Randle.

He compares well statistically to all of the guys he's been compared to (or been a mixture of as Super Jesus) in a PER 36 category except in one place...

2P FG%. Where he is drastically behind..

Everything else, he's right in their range for 1st seasons.. Whether it be Rebounds where he out paces, good with assists, ft%, 3p%, blocks, steals, turnover, defensive rating is very similar.

It's just an inability to do a few things...
1. Knock down that mid range shot at a decent clip.
This leads to guys playing off of him, to the point where he can't utilize his speed to get to the bucket

2. Having a change of direction at the bucket.. I.e. Right Hand, or a jump hook instead of trying to barrel through, absorb contact and throw up a shot.

The space he's given on the mid range, drastically and negatively impacts him at the bucket, even more than anything else in my opinion, the height and right hand just add on to how much more difficult it is for him to score.

Because one if you give him space, he has to shoot, and will likely miss. if he wants to take it to the hoop, his guy has enough space, that he can give a step or two, it leads Julius to either be stifled by his defender and force up a contest shot, gets him off balance to an ugly attempt, or because the help doesn't have to worry about his mid range, they can focus immediately at getting to the basket the second he puts the ball on the court.

Have to completely scrap the mid-range shot. Re-do it, start from the beginning. Should be the majority of his shooting workout this offseason, and the rest goes to just working on having a mediocre right hand. Knowing when to use it, and how to get the touch. Getting that mid-range shot to a few % points near league average clip from the wings and straight up improves his total shooting percentage 3-5%, which in turn gets defenders to close the gap a bit, makes driving easier, raises his total shots at the rim 1-2%.

All it is, is a basket every other game.. JUST 1. Tear down the shot, start from scratch, and it will make everything easier. I don't expect it this year, because it's almost impossible to reconfigure your shot in a season timeframe, but next year, there's no reason it can't be better. He works hard, and wants to get things right.

Last edited:
The wife bought me court side tickets for the lakers bulls game as a birthday gift hopefully bean plays

Last edited:
Brooklyn is the only team we realistically need to worry about passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom