Li-Ning Thread

Well it's not like a slide that major can happen overnight. I don't see why Wade didn't do more research about the brand and if it was moving in the right direction.

Same thing for the brand. If you know you're sliding in the wrong direction, why put so much time, effort, and money into an elite player that you do NOTHING with. He's been with you since the beginning of the season. Li-Ning really dropped the ball on this as far as I'm concerned. If they had all this ready for Wade they should of pushed it out much harder to the US.

I would venture that Wade was cut a nice paycheque and probably paid up front. That said, I worked retail in Toronto - a popular destination for HK and mainland cats who come here to study and buy real estate (a whole other debate in itself). Anyways these guys love Nike & JB product - Li Ning is some inferior third rate crap to them. Li Ning might need to re-think their 'focus on China' strategy 'cos their own cats don't want their product.

It's hard to enter the industry. Nike and Adidas are juggernauts, and it's hard for a newcomer to gain any ground. I thought that with these that Li-Ning could have created an opportunity for themselves but I think they invested their assets and resources in the wrong direction.

Even more reason for him to be ashamed he signed with them. What's the point of starting your own "brand" with something that is already un-popular and failing.

Last edited:
Probably the cash and creative control that he has. Don't think he had much say with his shoe designs with JB. He should have went to Nike lmao.

From what I gathered from other threads in this site.. Tao Bao sells fakes. Lol.

I can not say that this is 100% true,

I spend quite a lot of time here and I know a lot of Chinese people that run factories here and are familiar with Taobao and just like with ebay, there are premium sellers/ top sellers or however they are called and these are credible people. Of course fakes appear sometimes, just like they do on ebay, but if you know the locals here, your chance of getting legit shoes, clothing or whatever is 110% percent, especially if you are a foreigner, because for a chinese there is nothing more embarassing than giving a business partner something that is fake, that is why they check those things 110%!

I can not speak for the people that posted in the other threads that they sell fakes and of course I do not know, if they know how China works or have ever been to mainland China (Shanghai, Beijing and Hong Kong is not mainland China, they are just mega cities such as London, NY, LA, Paris and work totally different than mainland China), but this country runs in its own way that is uncomparable to anything else in the World, but in order to understand this, you need to visit the real China. Rumours of China and fakes always come up very quick, partially this is true and partially not.

Even the major companies like Apple, Nike, Adidas never have 100% control over the factories, simply because they do not own them and can control the way of life here, even under the chinese law of 50% maximum foreign ownership they would not be able to do so.

Paying bribes to the local landlords (a practice that was extinguished in Europe around 230 years ago), the police and government are normal practices here, it's just the chinese way of life, so you can be sure that the owners of the factories that produce for Apple or Nike take some finished goods from the production line and give those things away to high officials in order to keep their privileges and there is no way that the foreign customer can intervene, one reason being that they are totally dependent upon them. For example the owner of the Foxcon factories employs over 1.5 million people and maybe some of you remember that around 2-3 years ago 20 workers (that is the common name for assembly line employees) committed suicide by jumping from the top of the factory roofs and basically no one in China cared, but in the rest of the World it was a big outcry and did Apple do something? No they did not, they sent in some high representatives to check the working conditions, but of course they found nothing, because they had no other choice than saying everything is fine, simply because they have no alternate vendor and they care more about the profit than 20 dead chinese workers.

by the way, is there one pic that shows the 28 different colour versions that Wade has worn until now?

Welp I was just saying that that was pretty much the general consensus here. And I've googled lol.

i will also try to order today.
grin.gif

:lol: I ain't messing with all that and taking chances. If I can't get them from a legit source, it's simply not worth it to me.

Even more reason for him to be ashamed he signed with them. What's the point of starting your own "brand" with something that is already un-popular and failing.

Money talks brother. Those all plastic Fly Wades, despite being top performers, were simply not purchased at retail or even 20% off by the general public. With JB going with the younger Westbrook & Griffin they must've offered him a lot less than his original contract and possibly a shift to PE/Team shoes as opposed to a signature.

For example the owner of the Foxcon factories employs over 1.5 million people and maybe some of you remember that around 2-3 years ago 20 workers (that is the common name for assembly line employees) committed suicide by jumping from the top of the factory roofs and basically no one in China cared, but in the rest of the World it was a big outcry and did Apple do something? No they did not, they sent in some high representatives to check the working conditions, but of course they found nothing, because they had no other choice than saying everything is fine, simply because they have no alternate vendor and they care more about the profit than 20 dead chinese workers.

It's a crying shame how there's no value for worker's rights and/or human life in China & India. I guess when you have a billion people, 20 deaths is a statistic.

Yeah I didn't even pick up the Fly Wade 2s for $80 at an outlet.. but they had some other colorways of it that I didn't like for $54.

Yeah I didn't even pick up the Fly Wade 2s for $80 at an outlet.. but they had some other colorways of it that I didn't like for $54.[/quote

they had em as low as 30.. Picked up a pair, great indoor bball sneaker, really form fitting

Last edited:
I ended up with the regular Fly Wade and the second version and really liked them both. If you guys still have a chance to catch em at the outlets do...

It's a crying shame how there's no value for worker's rights and/or human life in China & India. I guess when you have a billion people, 20 deaths is a statistic.

Ehhh. Not much in the States either. Every developed Nation has its issues.

You can actually order these form the official Li Ning website in China, some sizes might still be available and these are far from being fake!

Back
Top Bottom