Li-Ning Thread

It looks like we will have the WAY OF WADE 2 when the season starts and will be for sale in Qtr 4 fall/winter 2013.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/Way-Of-Wade-030413.aspx

According to Brian Cupps, Brand Director for Li Ning USA

"consumers will start seeing products available at Wayofwade.com as well as targeted retailers in New York and Miami," said Cupps. "Then, in the fourth quarter, a second signature product and full scale integrated launch."

It looks like we will have the WAY OF WADE 2 when the season starts and will be for sale in Qtr 4 fall/winter 2013.

http://www.brandchannel.com/home/post/Way-Of-Wade-030413.aspx

According to Brian Cupps, Brand Director for Li Ning USA

"consumers will start seeing products available at Wayofwade.com as well as targeted retailers in New York and Miami," said Cupps. "Then, in the fourth quarter, a second signature product and full scale integrated launch."
Yeah, but this article was published just as everything seemed to go south for them.  So, I wouldn't get my hopes up based solely on this article

Yeah, but this article was published just as everything seemed to go south for them.  So, I wouldn't get my hopes up based solely on this article

You are right. They lost 29% of their money in the business and are probably just trying to turn things around to stay open. The WOW can't turn around bad decisions in endorsements and millions in product just gathering dust

How hard is it for these Li-Ning cats to just sell their shoes online? Brick & mortar stores are simply not viable for them and getting the American retailers to scoop their product is damn near impossible. Have they even tried contacting the boutique online stores?

How hard is it for these Li-Ning cats to just sell their shoes online? Brick & mortar stores are simply not viable for them and getting the American retailers to scoop their product is damn near impossible. Have they even tried contacting the boutique online stores?

Hard to sell them when you can't afford to pay for an online store or marketing lol.

I will go to the Li Ning store in Changping today and check if the have the WOW. Tomorrow I will also attend a CBA game in Dongguan and check the Li Ning store there as well!

I hope everyone who wants them is able to end up getting a pair. It looks like it literally is a no-go at this point. I wanna know what Wade will have to do to get out of this contract or if they'll end up parting ways. If a company goes bankrupt you can't really start your own legacy :lol:

It upsets me because dude was SO excited to join. That excitement fooled me and had me thinking it could actually be something good.

So I went to the Li-Ning store in Changping and it was quiet a desaster. 4 employees on a 30 square metre store, they had the Way of Wade posters and the shoes were also in the catalogue, but they only got 20 pairs and these were of course sold out. Available was the 305, white/red, white/grey and black/grey version. Tomorrow I will check the Dongguan store, but I already found them on the web in China and ordered the 305 and white/red version.

The price by the ways is RMB 849, which is USD 139, so I can not believe that the shoes with retail at around USD 140 in the states. In my opinion the price will be higher.

Still I can not understand why they are releasing so few pairs, just as an example, the store in Dongguan got 60 pairs, but the population of the city is + 10.000.000 and I am sure they can easily sell a lot more pairs, especially with all the colour ways!

No wonder Ni-Ling is in trouble, when they are not selling more pairs and have stores crowded with employees. It would be the easiest way to knock on Foot Lockers door and sell the shoes to them exclusively, I would be convinced that they could sell 10.000 plus units of each colour version in the USA alone! Damn I should apply at Li-Ning for building up the US retail :smokin!

Li-Ning was the one Chinese brand that I thought could make an impact over here. From the sounds of your experience they need to make an impact there first.

Seriously that little amount of pairs in the homeland is absurd.

So I went to the Li-Ning store in Changping and it was quiet a desaster. 4 employees on a 30 square metre store, they had the Way of Wade posters and the shoes were also in the catalogue, but they only got 20 pairs and these were of course sold out. Available was the 305, white/red, white/grey and black/grey version. Tomorrow I will check the Dongguan store, but I already found them on the web in China and ordered the 305 and white/red version.

The price by the ways is RMB 849, which is USD 139, so I can not believe that the shoes with retail at around USD 140 in the states. In my opinion the price will be higher.

Still I can not understand why they are releasing so few pairs, just as an example, the store in Dongguan got 60 pairs, but the population of the city is + 10.000.000 and I am sure they can easily sell a lot more pairs, especially with all the colour ways!

No wonder Ni-Ling is in trouble, when they are not selling more pairs and have stores crowded with employees. It would be the easiest way to knock on Foot Lockers door and sell the shoes to them exclusively, I would be convinced that they could sell 10.000 plus units of each colour version in the USA alone! Damn I should apply at Li-Ning for building up the US retail
smokin.gif
what website did you order from?

bad news for a release outside China, Li ning posted a greater than expected loss today and have been crushed with overestimation and inventory after the Olympics. Business has fallen off badly. They were expected to announce 742 million yuan loss but they loss 1.98 Billion yuan....they also said that they want to fix things in China before an international release based on this article. Which is reasonable. You dont want to be bankrupt while trying to sell your shoes in another country..

company is focused on "winning [in China] big time before we focus on the overseas market," said Mr. Kim.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324789504578383332158202140.html

bad news for a release outside China, Li ning posted a greater than expected loss today and have been crushed with overestimation and inventory after the Olympics. Business has fallen off badly. They were expected to announce 742 million yuan loss but they loss 1.98 Billion yuan....they also said that they want to fix things in China before an international release based on this article. Which is reasonable. You dont want to be bankrupt while trying to sell your shoes in another country..

company is focused on "winning [in China] big time before we focus on the overseas market," said Mr. Kim.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324789504578383332158202140.html

understandable but still... boooo :smh: oh well. guess will let go of hopes that I'll get my hands on a pair of 305's.

How depressing.. You would think they would have them online on like RMK or something. But I do see that they are apparently having a lot of financial issues.

Well it's not like a slide that major can happen overnight. I don't see why Wade didn't do more research about the brand and if it was moving in the right direction.

Same thing for the brand. If you know you're sliding in the wrong direction, why put so much time, effort, and money into an elite player that you do NOTHING with. He's been with you since the beginning of the season. Li-Ning really dropped the ball on this as far as I'm concerned. If they had all this ready for Wade they should of pushed it out much harder to the US.

I agree. I think the US has a much better market for them. And I think Wade was just content with being able to have so much creative input on the product and the pay check. Lol.

what website did you order from?

There is website called taobao.com
it is like ebay for China and there are also wholesalers/ shops that are verified.
My pairs will arrive friday, then I will post some pics!

Li-Ning was the one Chinese brand that I thought could make an impact over here. From the sounds of your experience they need to make an impact there first.

Seriously that little amount of pairs in the homeland is absurd.

I can only agree, the general problem is that people over here think they can do it all by themselves and do not need outside help and in the worse case the government just intervenes or helps, for example by buying 1.000.000 pairs of shoes for the all government employees, it is not as if that has not happened to other companies in China before. I have been travelling here since 1989 and I have seen many things that you can only believe when you see them with your own eyes!

Back
Top Bottom