Lebron in the All Star game and the Pro Bowl? maybe....

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I know most of you don't actually know *$#$ about football or how to measure and guage athletic ability so I'm traveling into real shallow waters here as far as depths of knowledge.
Being 6'8 is a detriment in football. 1st off.
Lebron is not a explosive coming out of stops and starts. He's not a good change of direction guy.
He would get jammed to hell at the LOS by Pros.
LOL"High school All american"
LIke that means any $@*+!!$ thing. The NFL. NFL. NFL has thrown away plent of College All americans, and you're using being all state in HS as a baseline for your debate. #notsmart
There are Hundreds of Straight Line Speed guys who font have good feet sitting at home waiting on phone calls to make a NFL Taxi squad, let alone make a gameday roster.
Lebro is a guy who doesn't shake and blow by players who CAN'T use their hands, now yall want him to blow by guys who are gonna stab him in the chest every snap. OKay.
But yes, a 6'8 guy with No shake, tight hips, and unexplosive COD would Do Work! Absolute Work in the NFL.
I won't dare argue that ...
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin. It's like with almost every point you made you're arguing on why he WOULD succeed. Have you even seen him play ball? How can
any sane person who has argue he's not explosive or can't change direction well? That alone invalidates your argument good sir. 6'8" 260 and with his speed..good luck jamming him up at the LOS
laugh.gif

Right? I didn't know we were talking about Jason Kapono here. LeBron scores all of his damn points from being explosive and overpowering dudes.

Like I said shallow waters here. When has Lebron showed you stop and start explosion. He is a long strider. When has he shaken and blown by defenders ? When? Where have u seen him sink his hips shake his shoulders and leave defenders lingering like a d rose or d wade can?

Where is his insane footwork?

It's the reason why he walks so much because he doesn't gather himself well when changing his body path or direction.

Like I said shallow waters here. When has Lebron showed you stop and start explosion. He is a long strider. When has he shaken and blown by defenders ? When? Where have u seen him sink his hips shake his shoulders and leave defenders lingering like a d rose or d wade can?

It's the reason why he walks so much because he doesn't gather himself well when changing his body path or direction.
hes 260 lbs now... because that size/build makes him better at basketball (tougher to gaurd)

if he played football hed be around 240 and much more explosive... jus look at pics of him his first cpl years of the league and then imagaine that frame n pads...

like i said, a 6'8 megatron...

or god forbid had that man started playin quarterback at a young age...
sick.gif

Big Ben meets Mike Vick meets HGH

What players in the NBA do you think WOULD/COULD be successful NFL players with training?

N ll K 3:
At least GUNNA comes w/ legitimate info/argument.
laugh.gif

Because he knows football WAY more than me. Hell, he's one of the top football heads on this whole damn site!
laugh.gif

I said from the beginning though that you can't just step into a top league in ANY sport and experience immediate success. Like I said, little nuances like footwork is what I mentioned; more intricate nuances like GUNNA mentioned is exactly the kind of @+*@ I was talking about, but I just don't know football like he does. I know football FAR less than I know baseball or basketball, but I know that NO ONE, not LeBron not NO ONE, is gonna just walk away from their sport and just be an instant problem, against dudes who are ALREADY doing that for a living.

Like I said, being a problem on the gridiron 10 years ago against other top HSers in the grand state of OH and then proving to be a freakish athlete does NOT guarantee instant... or even eventual... success,not even if Jerry Rice says so.

You hear about the HOFers that are laughing their #@+ off at the prospect of LeBron being successful in the NFL? No, you don't know about them, because ain't nobody trying to hear that. They just want to air the slurpers.
laugh.gif
Someone getting real, talking about "Are you guys kidding? He may have football in his past, but this is the NFL" isn't what y'all wanna hear, so he's not gonna even be heard. That's why that Jerry Rice point is such a ridiculous one.

As long as the sport has intricacies that can be perfected and excelled at, then the top league in that sport will never see some dude who has stayed away from that sport for an extended time just walk into that league and #@$# everyone's @+*@ up. Not happening.

I think Lebron can be successful if you use him as Lebron James rather than another football player. I'm sure he can be a deep threat receiver, he has no footwork, but him running in a straight line should be good enough threat that you have to gameplan against him. In the endzone, all you need to do is throw it up, I'm pretty sure no NFL player can beat him in a jumpball.

He's not going to have the most yards or catches on your team, but I'm sure he can get a good amount of TDs, which is valuable on any team.

espn made a huge deal about the tweet lebron made about football.

really he aint going to play football

i'm not todd mcshay nor mel kiper, so i won't make a comment about lebron being able to play

however

i think a lot of your are confusing mental toughness for physical toughness. you can question lebron being mentally tough, but son doesn't shy away from contact. he doesn't have a post game b/c he just doesn't have one. how many times have you see him power through hard fouls and get "and 1's." son uses his 260 when he's attacking.

is he NFL tough? who knows. but he's definitely NBA tough. its just the cool thing to do to dislike lebron right now

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

its just the cool thing to do to dislike lebron right now

Pretty much. Some of this logic on him failing is
eyes.gif

6'8" is a hindrance in football? Since when? I've played with and against dudes that tall and they did alright.
laugh.gif

Why is nobody mentioning the fact that Lebron was also a football player in high school? A very good one, at that.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

LeBron would be LESS successful than when MJ grabbed a bat.
eyes.gif

Dudes go way too hard too make 'Bron look soft, acting like there ain't a bunch of Todd Pinkston's in the league, scared of contact as well

Seriously. I'm sure if Lebron put that effort in to actually wanna be good in the NFL, he has a pretty good chance of being
a lot better than loads of WRs in the NFL. Every team doesn't have legit #1 receivers, or even #2 receivers. Add on the slot
guys and the 4th & 5th guys, and you have quite a few people he could be better than if he puts the work in. Jerramy Stevens
lasted like 8 years in the league underachieving, so I'm sure Lebron could AT LEAST be better than that.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

LeBron James has all of the intangibles needed to succeed at the next level.

laugh.gif

*Who knows how'd he do right now if he just gave up hoopin...but I got no doubt that if he stuck w. football instead of b-ball, he'd be on a NFL roster. 

Its not that him being 6'8 is his only hold back... He isn't the fastest player out there, whether it's basketball or football. Sure he has some speed, but that's not where it starts & ends in the NFL... He's gonna have to have a quick change of direction, which isn't his strong point. He's gotta be able to go one on one or one on two & get past these guys & I really don't think he'd be able to do that. In the NBA he's able to use his power to his advantage, that power isn't going to be as big of an advantage in the NFL when he's going at guys who would be able to contain all that going down the field on coverage.

Sure you could use him as maybe a 3rd down option & just throw it up to him in the red zone or something... But that's pretty much it. 6'8 would only get him so far.

lol damn... yall crazy.

someone post some of lebrons spin moves and crazy plays please.

he has the feet for a wr. for sure. lebron is also fast. he can clear an nba court in about 5 strides at full speed. dont forget how many alley oops that turned from dunks into layups cause he ran too fast and jumped too hard and barely missed knockin his own head on the rim.
and also his hands are big as @%@#. i mean he can palm a basketball easily. so he can wrap his full fingers around a football no prob.
hes buffed out. no matter if u a punk among cowards and scallywags, hes wild strong even passively. i dont think revis could tackle him honestly one on one. lebron could jump over the man standing straight up.
red zone would be auto td. just like megatron.

Someone should post the video from First Take where Stephen A. goes in on Bron about this.

^^^I saw that. Stephen A and Skip Bayless were basically giving each other hand jobs under the table
by the way they were nodding in agreement on everything.

Back
Top Bottom