Lebron in the All Star game and the Pro Bowl? maybe....

Hating on Bron is the cool thing to do? Ummm... judging by his marketability & the fact that a MAJORITY of dudes will say he can just step on an NFL field and be a problem, I think it's safe to say that sticking up for him at all costs is the cool thing to do.
wink.gif

Anyone who doesn't bow down is a hater, doesn't know what they're talking about, is underestimating The King, giving each other handjobs, etc.

Clear an NBA court in 5 strides?!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Listen to yourselves.

Some of you dudes are straight sabotaging the argument I worked damn hard to present in here.  Damn.
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

At the end of the day, all I really said concretely was better than Mike's baseball attempt (the bar is set at 0) and the biggest receiving threat (as in has the biggest chance of hurting you) for the Cleveland Browns W/ A YEAR OF WORK (never said step on the field next Sunday).

Is it still THAT hard for you guys to comprehend?

Is ANYONE in the league afraid of the Browns receivers?

[table][tr][td]Benjamin Watson[/td][td]16[/td][td]173[/td][td]10.8[/td][td]34[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Peyton Hillis[/td][td]15[/td][td]76[/td][td]5.1[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Greg Little[/td][td]14[/td][td]131[/td][td]9.4[/td][td]25[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Mohamed Massaquoi[/td][td]14[/td][td]194[/td][td]13.9[/td][td]56[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Josh Cribbs[/td][td]12[/td][td]153[/td][td]12.8[/td][td]33[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]Montario Hardesty[/td][td]8[/td][td]68[/td][td]8.5[/td][td]27[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Evan Moore[/td][td]7[/td][td]85[/td][td]12.1[/td][td]17[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]Alex Smith[/td][td]5[/td][td]41[/td][td]8.2[/td][td]13[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Owen Marecic[/td][td]3[/td][td]18[/td][td]6.0[/td][td]9[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Brian Robiskie[/td][td]3[/td][td]25[/td][td]8.3[/td][td]14[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Jordan Norwood[/td][td]2[/td][td]25[/td][td]12.5[/td][td]19[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td]Colt McCoy[/td][td]1[/td][td]-5[/td][td]-5.0[/td][td]-5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]
Bunch of career possession guys who can't get open for the life of them and position switchers (Cribbs, Little).

You're wildin' saying he couldn't help out in the redzone more than anyone of these bums after a year's worth of dedication/training (aka QUITTING HOOPS).

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ska[/color], you admitted yourself you don't really know football, why are you still going strong (no shots)?
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]GUNNA[/color] made some great points.  He really did.  But bringing up D. Wade and D. Rose only helps Bron's case.  These boys are 6'4 and 6'3 respectively and are probably the 2 quickest basketball players on the planet.

The man in question is [Killa Cam] 6'8, 250 [/Killa Cam].  Apples and oranges.  He'd big boy damn near every corner in the league 1 on 1 on a fade inside the redzone.  That was all I have ever claimed. 

To infer that he's "slow" and question his explosion and start/stop ability compared to these 2 and then turn around and look at Jimmy Graham and Antonio Gates is asinine.

He makes these boys look like SLUGS on the court in every measurable way.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm curious on [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Dre[/color]'s opinion on the matter.  He truly knows both games and I don't think he really has a dog in the fight.

My final matter on the topic:

81909AntonioGatesbball.jpg
2993270293_e46a8e1c5c.jpg

These fellas made it look easy.  They'd be average to below average athletes in the NBA and Bron is arguably the greatest athlete we've ever seen play basketball in the history of the sport.

And you want to dismiss him even CONTRIBUTING w/ the quickness?  Oh.
laugh.gif

EDIT:ohwell:yes it's all hypothetical, but it's fun.

Promise I'm done in here this time unless someone genuinely asks a reasonable question, and wants me to answer.

might be a dumb question but what makes somebody like Gronkowski (or even Hernandez, Gates, Graham) a better NFL prospect than Bron?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hating on Bron is the cool thing to do? Ummm... judging by his marketability & the fact that a MAJORITY of dudes will say he can just step on an NFL field and be a problem, I think it's safe to say that sticking up for him at all costs is the cool thing to do.
wink.gif

Anyone who doesn't bow down is a hater, doesn't know what they're talking about, is underestimating The King, giving each other handjobs, etc.

Clear an NBA court in 5 strides?!
laugh.gif
roll.gif
Listen to yourselves.
Did u watch that actual interview between Skip and Stephen A? I agree with them for the fact that LBJ should just focus
on bball and be truly motivated, but Skip & Stephen A just seem to revel in any irrelevant anti-Lebron arguments. And
judging by some of the responses in this thread, it's so to quite a few people on here
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by man listen

might be a dumb question but what makes somebody like Gronkowski (or even Hernandez, Gates, Graham) a better NFL prospect than Bron?

Originally Posted by eplaya06

Originally Posted by man listen

It takes 10 years to learn how to run straight, turn your head around, jump and catch a football. Duh.

^ Like I said in my first response in the thread, the fact that crap like that exists in sports discussions aggravates the fire out of me sometimes.

Playing shortstop: "It takes 10 years to learn to dive in dirt and stop a ball. Duh."

Playing center: "It takes 10 years to learn to see a guy, stand in front of him, and raise your hand to block his shot. Duh."

Swimming: "It takes 10 years to kick your legs and move your arms in a circular motion. Duh."

WR: "It takes 10 years to learn how to run straight, turn your head around, jump and catch a football. Duh."

So ignorant.
laugh.gif

Like I said in my first response, there is SOOOOOO much more to the professional level of any sport than you guys realize. And I don't say 'you guys' like I'm excluded fromy our company because I used to play professional sports (
laugh.gif
 I wish). I say 'you guys' because I'm definitely excluded from your company because I'm apparently paying attention to the nuances and intricacies of the game that make it possible for one player to be pretty good and another to be excellent and another to be an HOFer. You really think all the guys in all of the Halls of Fame are there JUST because they are simply more athletic than the rest of the dudes in their league at the time they played?

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time on this, because it really seems like you guys have reduced sports to the rudimentary aspect displayed in Buc Em's response: "Run. Turn head. Catch ball. Done."

roll.gif

laugh.gif

N ll K 3:
Ska, you admitted yourself you don't really know football, why are you still going strong (no shots)?
laugh.gif

This is a sports forum. 'LeBron jumping into the NFL after putting full-time football on the backburner for 10 years' is a specific topic, but switch the italics with 'An athlete' and 'the top league in a sport' and 'that sport', respectively, and that's why I'm responding, as this IS a sports forum.

'LeBron An athlete jumping into the NFL the top league in a sport after putting full-time football that sport on the backburner for 10 years' is how I'm looking at it. You might think it matters that it's LeBron (one of the most athltic specimens the Greek gods have ever bestowed upon us) and the NFL (which intiricate knowledge of the game is far less important than any other sport ever and where it's far easier to get away with JUST athleticism if that's all a player has), but it doesn't.

That's why I keep responding; this is an interesting sports discussion. I've mentioned this already, but are you waiting to say something to me and see no response? Almost like it's disappointing when you see me respond because you didn't provide a response/question that left me speechless?
wink.gif
 "Dammit, I thought for sure that least question would have done it. Ah well, I got you, ska. *types response/question* Yeah... you got nothing.
laugh.gif
"

laugh.gif

Don't worry about/ask why I'm responding. Thread ain't about me, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Anyways, he's a premier athlete, that's a sport.

And even though you're hanging a majority of your argument on the fact that he used to play football, I'm willing to bet you would also argue FOR his success in virtually any sport he decided to take on, despite his lack of experience in that sport; cricket, soccer, baseball, fencing, boxing, hell, anything he put his mind to.

No.

No, no, no, no, NO. Not in a sport he has no experience in, not in a sport he had significant experience in 10 years ago: NO.

You think it's just LeBron hate? My favorite athletes right now are Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo, Troy Palomalu, Torii Hunter, Mariano Rivera... dig up something that one of them used to excel in when they were in HS, and you'll hear me speak of them exactly the same way.

At the end of the day I think we can rank skill level needed to play major pro sports

1.NHL (because of the skating thing)
2.MLB (either you have the eye-hand coordination or you don't)
3.NBA (lots of repetition, can't teach height)
4.NFL (elite of the elite athletes apply here)

I don't see how you can say LeBron playin football would do worse than MJ playin baseball... I mean NFL teams try out sprinters, soccer players, baseball players, basketball players etc... does that mean anything to you?

Workout warriors get drafted to the NFL, which other sport would give someone a look just because they can run fast, throw up crazy bench reps and jump high?

We're talkin about LeBron not Durant or Bosh AND the NFL's new rules that protect receivers... I think he would be a decent/average TE

Serious question (like I said, I follow football less than I do other sports, so... serious question): thos sprinters, athletes of other sports that NFL teams try out, who are some names that have traveled that path, making an NFL team, and been average? How many ended up being excellent?

No, guys like Deion and Bo don't count; they were dual sport athletes. They never stopped playing either sport. I'm talking about what you just said, guys who are doing something else, an NFL team gives them a look, and they end up being excellent, or even average.

What are some names that fit that bill?

It means nothing that NFL teams gives more non-NFLers a look than other sports do if there isn't a significant 'collective roster' of players who have done that, because it's also worth mentioning that an NFL team has, BY FAR, the biggest rosters of the teams of other sports. Lots of positions to fill, so looking every-damn-where only makes sense.

But if all that looking isn't producing a significant amount of average-to-excellent NFLers, than there's still no reason for me to believe LeBron would do it.

Intiricate knowledge of the game; if I have it, being less athletic than you, and you don't have it, I'm winning whatever we're playing. Period. 100 out of 100 times. And there are literally THOUSANDS of examples proving that.

I agree with Ska 100%.  Its real disrespectful to the pros in the NFL to say "LeBron would be better".  He's a top 5 athletic ever in human history probably but I still can't agree with some of ya'll.  Some guy on twitter said "Lebron would be the best Tight End in the league"...are you kidding me? Plus I think his height would make him a target for injury

I'm just saying... I think Blake Griffin could hang too, these guys are athletic freaks (by NBA standards, doesn't get any better than that) and are strong as @#@$

t1_nelson.jpg

This dude got tryouts from NFL teams... all of his years at UConn I can't remember seeing him dunk the ball or do anything athletically that made me
eek.gif
at the college level
laugh.gif
I think an elite NBA level athlete would fare better

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy

Originally Posted by AME416

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

Big Ben meets Mike Vick meets HGH
sick.gif
eek.gif

tumblr_lo1kstYkvq1qj0hjr.gif
adlkdvj'weafldkfaefxlsdafjds i didnt even catch those words the 1st time. yikes! i'm out for good now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif

It's amazing. The sports world is so passionate with every emotion concerning this guy.  I'd love to see him prove people wrong for once. 

I think that LeBron has the ability to succeed at the NFL level.  His level of success would be contingent on what system he was a part of, what position he played, and his expected role on a team.  However, I also know that he chose the right sport.

With that said, is the hypothetical position WR or TE?

If I was a GM and picked LeBron up to play TE, I would be more concerned with his run blocking than his route running / pass catching.

And Ska, your arguments have been pretty legit.  I just think your MJ comment was wrong / hyperbole
laugh.gif
which took focus off of the other points you were making.

Also, I understand why one would use LeBron's highschool accomplishments to gauge his hypothetical success, but one thing that needs to be acknowledged is the fact that certain individuals peak at different times.  I live / played football in KY and most of the all state athletes I played against didn't really materialize.  Montrell Jones was ill
30t6p3b.gif
.  Brian Brohm was ill
30t6p3b.gif

And basketball is a different sport, but I saw Rondo play, and while he was good, he didn't really hit his stride until he was already a pro.  You just never know.
You think it's just LeBron hate? My favorite athletes right now are Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo, Troy Palomalu, Torii Hunter, Mariano Rivera... dig up something that one of them used to excel in when they were in HS, and you'll hear me speak of them exactly the same way.
When Rondo was in 8th grade, 9th grade playing varsity, his only job was to handle the rock and distribute it to the big boys.  He definitely excelled at that, and that situation got him perfectly prepared for Boston. 

And I'm not Ron Jaworski, but I know a little about the pigskin. 

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
Lebron wouldn't do *%%* in the NFL. Not a Damn Thang.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This guy. You can't be serious.  
Just because you couldn't make the NFL doesn't mean BRON BRON can't.
Thanks for the laugh tho.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
 Low blow, but I saw it coming eventually.

0cks:
I'm just saying... I think Blake Griffin could hang too, these guys are athletic freaks (by NBA standards, doesn't get any better than that) and are strong as @#@$

t1_nelson.jpg

This dude got tryouts from NFL teams... all of his years at UConn I can't remember seeing him dunk the ball or do anything athletically that made me
eek.gif
at the college level
laugh.gif
I think an elite NBA level athlete would fare better
Response #1: Again with the athleticism (mentioning that Blake Griffin could succeed, because these guys are athletic freaks). Intricacies, nuances, and knowledge of the game has NOOOOOTTTTTHHHHIIIIINNNGGGGG to do with athleticism. The only way athleticism comes into play regarding 'knowing the game' is having the ability to do it. But when it comes to nuances, intricacies, and 'the little things', you don't have to be an athletic freak to excel. One MINOR thing can make a HUGE difference, like pointing your damn toe. This makes a huge difference in your batting stance when trying to place the ball somewhere, makes a huge difference for a WR coming off the LOS. So if I know that, and you don't, but you're FAR more athletic than me, and you and me are having a batting contest or a WR tryout, and I have been practicing this one little nuance of the game that you're only REMOTELY aware of... while I've been PERFECTING it because this is my job... there should be NO SURPRISE when I make the team and you don't, when I end up being more successfully placing the ball when I want and you're struggling to keep up, when I've brought in more catches than you and you're scratching your head going "But, but... but I'm more athletic."

And toe placement is ONE minor thing I'm talking about, but these dudes that play their sport PROFESSIONALLY, they have HUNDREDS of these things that they've been doing this ENTIRE TIME.

LeBron's been doing it, too... in basketball. Name a FREAK of an athlete from another sport. TO? Usain Bolt? The TOP non-NBA athlete, who you got?

LeBron would EAT HIS LUNCH at basketball. That dude has no chance.

None. Basketball is LeBron's JOB. He wouldn't win JUST because he's more of an athlete than this other 'freak-of-an-athlete-from-another-sport'; he would win because LeBron is both freakishly athletic AAAAANNNNDDDD he knows the nuances of the game.

Response #2: You think an elite NBA talent would fare better than a guy who got tryouts for NFL teams, and eventually got signed by a rebuilding Rams team?

Well damn, I hope so. Sky's pretty much wide open there; plenty of room for the next man to improve on that situation, whether it's LeBron or not.

That's why I asked who has fared the best among these 'athletes from other sports who got tryouts'.

I AM KNOWLEDGE:
Ska, your arguments have been pretty legit.  I just think your MJ comment was wrong / hyperbole
laugh.gif
which took focus off of the other points you were making.
You now what, dude? I've thought a few times throughout this discussion. Every time someone brings it back up, I'm thinking "You know, maybe I shouldn't have said that."
laugh.gif
 Which is why I haven't been going all in as far as defending/qualifying that comment. Left that one on the table a few pages back.
laugh.gif
 *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

Ska what I'm trying to get at was the baseball comparison... Football just doesn't require the same amount of skill as other sports. I'm not trying to downplay the NFL, IMO NFL athletes are by far the most courageous athletes outside of race car drivers. If you have the metrics/mental fortitude you stand a chance of succeeding in Football.

Look at Rudy... you think that could ever happen on a Baseball squad?

For the record - I'm a diehard Kobe Bryant fan so naturally I enjoy when LeBron loses in the Finals, etc. But to say that LeBron James, the greatest athlete in NBA history, would not do a 'damn thing' in the NFL when we have legit examples (Gates / Graham) of average athletes succeeding as TEs (mostly because of their combo of size/speed), is asinine.

Ska, you bring up good points...football is a tough sport but when it comes down to it, LeBron James with 1 training camp under his belt is doing work in the NFL.

Let me repeat his measurables...

6'8

4.4 speed

45 inch vertical
sick.gif

NO ATHLETE has ever had this combination of speed/size/quickness/vertical/etc. NO ATHLETE.

To say that LeBron wouldn't forcefully take playing time away from Kyle Williams (bum 3rd string WR for the 49ers) is just egregious.

We get it....You guys love to hate LeBron.

But that's like saying you wouldn't want Adrian Peterson on your rugby team because he hasn't played it in a while.

I've never done this on Niketak but I'll do it now: LOL

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LeBron f'n James. Size of Karl Malone, speed of Derrick Rose, vertical of James White, strength of a Ben Wallace. And he couldn't get burn in the NFL. Again, LOL. Don't forget he can also throw a football, WR pass anybody?

N ll K 3 - Cosign everything you said. You've brought up legit examples, you destroyed the elitist mod's opinion that MJ w/ a bat > LeBron running a fade (again, LOL).

Sincerely,
Kobe fan / man of logic / 49er fan who hates Kyle Williams / guy who understands that LeBron is a once in a lifetime athlete 

Not a chance.
laugh.gif
Baseball is far more... it has more minute details to it than football. The difference between a nice, strong, powerful swing that results in a high popup and a nice, strong, powerful swing that results in a HR is literally centimeters in ball-to-bat placement and fractions of angles as far as the entry of the bat into the strike zone is concerned.

HOWEVER, are we talking about LeBron being Rudy? We start with a title that hypothetically places him in the Pro Bowl, move onto a discussion where he's at least average, and now we're talking about the heart-warming story of a guy who just went in for a couple plays and got a sack?

I thought y'all were talking about him going HAM on the NFL. Or is that not your stance?

So could LeBron make a squad, maybe get a couple plays in and sack the quarterback after practicing with that squad for YEARS, like Rudy did?

Well... yeah, I think he could do that.

Back
Top Bottom