Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Yeah but the longer he fights the less the is worth, if he sells now atleast he would get more now then when the players start leaving. I think more likely he'd try an end around like trying to sell to a family member to keep the team in the family

Actually, I completely forgot about that part. Makes me feel better about the situation.

both of you srs?

Most of you are bringing black history into this situation. This situation is more about 'racisim', than blacks. So stop trying to link a particular race to this. Instead, look at the whole picture. If not already obvious, this is about racisim as a whole.
This is racism overall, but a HUGE moment in black history. This is one of the biggest of our generation.

So what do you suggest the death penalty?
Thats not where im trying to get at. Yea, banned for life, fined millions and then?
Hopefully he gets into large legal battles, gets stressed and die of a heart attack
People like him need to leave this planet already

Whose complaining? There is nothing more Silver could have done.

I was calling the players to sit out the game if the punishment wasn't harsh enough, but it is. Sterling is wiped off the map now.

both of you srs?

Most of you are bringing black history into this situation. This situation is more about 'racisim', than blacks. So stop trying to link a particular race to this. Instead, look at the whole picture. If not already obvious, this is about racisim as a whole.
This is racism overall, but a HUGE moment in black history. This is one of the biggest of our generation.

^True....this will be a part of black history...

Thats not where im trying to get at. Yea, banned for life, fined millions and then?
What more do you want? He's racist/ignorant, and he can be that, he has a right to his opinion. The only issue was that he has these opinions and was associated with the NBA. Now since he's not associated with the NBA, he can do what ever he wants.

are you nuts?

Nobody cared about this guy until he embarrassed himself on tape. :lol:

This is an indictment of this "post racial" ******** because it's clear:

Nobody cared about the white racist slum lord until he starts costing other rich white people money.

Last edited:
The below is from a Black Male Marine that has been to Iraq and Afghanistan ...

"I agree with the decision, but if youre in the privacy of your own home and you cant express your belief that's a problem. So, basically if youre at home you have to worry about what you say because your house may be bug. As a Marine we fight for the freedom of speech for other countries, but as Americans we don't have that right."

Hopefully he gets into large legal battles, gets stressed and die of a heart attack
People like him need to leave this planet already

I don't think people are saying otherwise...but as far what the NBA could do, this was it. This is obviously an unprecedented fine/suspension...Silver is cleaning up a mess that spans DECADES. For as wrong as the NBA has been, this is the first step in the right direction. Donald Sterling is an awful human being. There is no getting around it. However, he was enabled by the league, other owners, front office workers, coaches, players, and fans. Personally, I'll never know the reason why his **** was tolerated for as long as it was, but on this day...GOOD RIDDANCE.

"I agree with the decision, but if youre in the privacy of your own home and you cant express your belief that's a problem. So, basically if youre at home you have to worry about what you say because your house may be bug. As a Marine we fight for the freedom of speech for other countries, but as Americans we don't have that right."

Kareem touched on this as well. That's the slippery slope. Rake him over the fire for what he did w/ the discrimination suits, sexual harassment, etc. However, people are fired up (within reason) for something he said in the privacy of his home. With the ban/suspension, I don't suspect Sterling to go quietly. This has the potential to get VERY ugly in a short amount of time.

Last edited:
sooooo Diddy is looking into buying the Clippers? :nerd:

Magic + Puffy :smokin

Last edited:
I don't think people are saying otherwise...but as far what the NBA could do, this was it. This is obviously an unprecedented fine/suspension...Silver is cleaning up a mess that spans DECADES. For as wrong as the NBA has been, this is the first step in the right direction. Donald Sterling is an awful human being. There is no getting around it. However, he was enabled by the league, other owners, front office workers, coaches, players, and fans. Personally, I'll never know the reason why his **** was tolerated for as long as it was, but on this day...GOOD RIDDANCE.

Agree Agree

Sterling made the ultimate mistake, he created a public relation nightmare based on race.

Silver made it clear, Sterling comments hurt the league, not only the black players and coaches, but the league as a whole. He ****** with everyone's money

That's why he outta go.

-And now no one will ever question if Silver is only in it to make money, or is a closet racist like they did with Stern.

Silver's pimp hand just leveled up
smokin.gif
It's business.   You messin up the money you gotta go

It's like the Godfather movie. 
pimp.gif

Last edited:

are you nuts?

Nobody cared about this guy until he embarrassed himself on tape. :lol:

Nobody cared about the white racist slum lord until he starts costing other rich white people money.

and nobody cared about racist bus laws until the rosa parks thing?

sometimes a situation exists that you can't react to until an event comes along as a catalyst for bringing opinions, power, people together to get something done.

Any previous "racism" from sterling wasn't on camera/tape... any punishment would have to be built on inconclusive evidence,.. this tape put the nail in the coffin.

You think if this was his FIRST racist situation that he would have gotten such a harsh response?

Clippers out celebrating getting hammered; gonna show up to the game like Jackie Moon on the Tropics

Currently still owns team, but a vote will happen to remove him of ownership and they need 75% of owners okaying this move. This vote is expected to pass with 100%. They fined him 2.5mil because that is the maximum fine they can levy against him per NBA bylaws. They pretty much did everything they could do to remove him from the NBA and gave the maximum penalty possible.
Let's hope it pass 75%

are you nuts?

Nobody cared about this guy until he embarrassed himself on tape.
laugh.gif

Yup. I hope someone investigates and does a big piece on why so many owners/players turned a blind eye for so many years.

Because 99.9% of people in NBA circles already knew this about DTS.

We need another Mitchell Report! 
happy.gif

I mean this dude is racist as **** but its funny I listen to the tapes and ol boy is like a politically correct racist. Didn't even use the N-word just expressed his views...to me this sets a horrible precedent, if some one records someone else saying some unfavorable then fines and banishment!? come on now. Being racist isn't illegal, I don't agree with it, but damn he aint the only one? are you purging the league of people who have these views? good luck

Heck put a recorder in someone's car and tell me afterwards that the said nothing racist. Should something happen to them?

sooooo Diddy is looking into buying the Clippers? :nerd:

Magic + Puffy :smokin

You know how many careers Diddy has killed?

You really want him owning a franchise?!!?

Dude will be performing at the halftime...Ciroc will be painted on the hardwood, and he'll probably try and move the team to New York, all while young talent gets shelved...wouldn't even surprise me if he put himself in as coach, and put himself in the paint the 4th quarter :smh:

WHO CARES

WHO REALLY CARES. I HONESTLY COULD CARELESS HOW THE INFORMATION CAME OUT. IT CAME OUT.

FOR CHRIST SAKE HE ESSENTIALLY CALLED THEM SLAVES. THE END. PERIOD. HE LITERALLY SAID "I CLOTHED THEM, I GIVE THEM HOLMES, CARS, AND FOOD"

MAN HE'S RUNNING A PLANTATION IN 2014 AND YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT "PRIVACY" ?! :rofl: :rofl: oh man

The government didn't bug Sterling though. His girlfriend did

I don't recall any US president ever deploying troops to another country to suppress scornful women

and nobody cared about racist bus laws until the rosa parks thing?

sometimes a situation exists that you can't react to until an event comes along as a catalyst for bringing opinions, power, people together to get something done.

Any previous "racism" from sterling wasn't on camera/tape... any punishment would have to be built on inconclusive evidence,.. this tape put the nail in the coffin.

You think if this was his FIRST racist situation that he would have gotten such a harsh response?

Its in court documents.

Sworn testimony.

THE LARGEST HOUSING DISCRIMINATION SETTLEMENT IN HISTORY. :lol:

Their are multiple receipts for his racists actions, and the NBA didn't do anything about it until it started costing them money.

Point blank period.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom