Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

I mean this dude is racist as **** but its funny I listen to the tapes and ol boy is like a politically correct racist. Didn't even use the N-word just expressed his views...to me this sets a horrible precedent, if some one records someone else saying some unfavorable then fines and banishment!? come on now. Being racist isn't illegal, I don't agree with it, but damn he aint the only one? are you purging the league of people who have these views? good luck

Heck put a recorder in someone's car and tell me afterwards that the said nothing racist. Should something happen to them?

lol.... free speech only applies to the government... private entities don't have to tolerate viewpoints...

If I invite somebody to my house, then kick them out because I don't like what they are saying... am i violating their free speech?

I mean this dude is racist as **** but its funny I listen to the tapes and ol boy is like a politically correct racist. Didn't even use the N-word just expressed his views...to me this sets a horrible precedent, if some one records someone else saying some unfavorable then fines and banishment!? come on now. Being racist isn't illegal, I don't agree with it, but damn he aint the only one? are you purging the league of people who have these views? good luck

Heck put a recorder in someone's car and tell me afterwards that the said nothing racist. Should something happen to them?
that's the problem that he's getting punish for his view witch he expressed in private.

The below is from a Black Male Marine that has been to Iraq and Afghanistan ...

"I agree with the decision, but if youre in the privacy of your own home and you cant express your belief that's a problem. So, basically if youre at home you have to worry about what you say because your house may be bug. As a Marine we fight for the freedom of speech for other countries, but as Americans we don't have that right."
Its not being presented in a court of law as evidence.

Its the NBA.

Julius F. Wrek

There's wasn't much they can do, ban an 80yo man for life just seems like a PR stunt. Players and coaches just need to boycott the franchise. I'm sure he's not the only one who feels this way, but the was caught.

The fine is pocket change.

Its in court documents.

Sworn testimony.

THE LARGEST HOUSING DISCRIMINATION SETTLEMENT IN HISTORY. :lol:

Their are multiple receipts for his racists actions, and the NBA didn't do anything about it until it started costing them money.

Point blank period.

And if it wasn't for social media, this decision would have taken months to happen, if at all.

are you nuts?

Nobody cared about this guy until he embarrassed himself on tape. :lol:

This is an indictment of this "post racial" ******** because it's clear:

Nobody cared about the white racist slum lord until he starts costing other rich white people money.

Exactly. When those sponsors started pulling out, the NBA knew it had to do something to make it all quite and go away!

Look at their first order of business...

“Those marketing partners of the Clippers and partners of the entire NBA should judge us on our response to this incident,” Silver said at a press conference Tuesday morning that was held to address racist remarks allegedly made by Sterling.
“I would hope that they would return to their business relationship with the Clippers,”

Their are multiple receipts for his racists actions, and the NBA didn't do anything about it until it started costing them money.

Point blank period.

birmingham bus boycott.... they only changed rules after it started costing them money...

economics and politics have always the biggest catalyst for civil rights in america... you act like you don't understand the concept

and nobody cared about racist bus laws until the rosa parks thing?

sometimes a situation exists that you can't react to until an event comes along as a catalyst for bringing opinions, power, people together to get something done.

Any previous "racism" from sterling wasn't on camera/tape... any punishment would have to be built on inconclusive evidence,.. this tape put the nail in the coffin.

You think if this was his FIRST racist situation that he would have gotten such a harsh response?
Its in court documents.

Sworn testimony.

THE LARGEST HOUSING DISCRIMINATION SETTLEMENT IN HISTORY.
laugh.gif

Point blank period.
Dude probably thinks OJ is innocent. No conclusive evidence. 
mean.gif

lol.... free speech only applies to the government... private entities don't have to tolerate viewpoints...

If I invite somebody to my house, then kick them out because I don't like what they are saying... am i violating their free speech?
Wtf are you talking about. That's why private companies get sue all the time for discrimination.

Wtf are you talking about. That's why private companies get sue all the time for discrimination.

private companies get sued for discrimination because they fire people for saying racist things?

link me to an article about that

Its not being presented in a court of law as evidence.

Its the NBA.

Julius F. Wrek
Correct.

It doesn't matter that he said it in a private conversation.  It doesn't matter how it got into the public domain.

All that matters is that IT IS in the public domain now, and as such had to be addressed.

If it was a court of law, it would be deemed inadmissable...but its not...the NBA is a private, for-profit organization that police's itself.

Silver putting down the hammer :pimp:

The equivalent of saying "get the **** outta the league."

I agree 100%, a lot in here seem to be missing the point and others are hitting it dead on...

Does this actually "hurt" Sterling? Given his age and the fact that he obviously is a wealthy businessman, a lifetime ban and a steep (don't kid yourselves folks, no matter how much you have, $2.5 million is quite the sum of money) fine, the wounds to him personally aren't as great as some might want, warranted or otherwise.

What this DOES do however, and where Silver really excelled and showed his mettle was SENDING A MESSAGE AND SETTING A PRECEDENT for the league. What is the NBA prepared to do as a whole? Well, we got our answer today.

The NBA is a global...yes global entity, its popularity goes word wide. Teams travel to London, China, etc to go play games and increase league awareness and presence around the world. This sets the standard for owners, employees, players, etc... This type of sentiment or behavior should not be tolerated, and that was what this was about,...not hurting Sterling, but better defining the league.

Other owners could have the same feelings as Sterling, no doubt, but at least this shows that the league is prepared to deal with and handle these situations going forward in the proper manner.

Some have said that Sterling can sell the team and he'll make a bunch of money. Most likely true,...BUT...this will tarnish his business reputation a little, I don't think otherwise for a minute. And on top of all that, with all the sponsorhip that The Clippers lost over the weekend, does the team still stand to bring in as large a profit if this were just a standard team sale? Maybe, maybe not, but that will remain to be seen.

And finally, for all those talking about Sterlings legal action...I may be wrong...but I don't believe he has any leverage to bring these decisions to court. As someone pointed out earlier, this was a LEAGUE decision which of course is governed by the Bylaws of the league, which as an owner Sterling is required to abide by as being a part of the NBA. So all the "freedom of speech" and first amendment nonsense can be thrown out the window.

Proud to be an NBA fan today...

lol@the fake response from a "black male marine"...

sounds like those conservative email spam message
what? That's from a dude that I personally know. He was having a Facebook conversation. You don't understand what's being a Marine is all about. **** like this is fed up and no one likes it. But when you send our young boys brothers sons husband out to war and they get killed for the protection of our constitution ... Your views change.

birmingham bus boycott.... they only changed rules after it started costing them money...

economics and politics have always the biggest catalyst for civil rights in america... you act like you don't understand the concept

birmingham bus boycott

was a boycott

a political action

an attempt to address a social injustice.

This isn't that, this is people covering their ***, meanwhile trying to pretend that racism doesn't really exist.

lol@the fake response from a "black male marine"...

sounds like those conservative email spam message
what? That's from a dude that I personally know. He was having a Facebook conversation. You don't understand what's being a Marine is all about. **** like this is fed up and no one likes it. But when you send our young boys brothers sons husband out to war and they get killed for the protection of our constitution ... Your views change.

screencap the facebook post... I don't believe you bruh

The white people at my job looking at me side ways saying " you herd what happen to sterling" YOU DAMN RIGHT I HERD !!

private companies get sued for discrimination because they fire people for saying racist things?

link me to an article about that
tolerate view points is different from being racist. Rephrase your above statement b ...

BTW, chick fila still going strong and their view point against homosexuality was is real. What's going on .... Murica

birmingham bus boycott

was a boycott

a political action

an attempt to address a social injustice.

This isn't that, this is people covering their ***, meanwhile trying to pretend that racism doesn't really exist.

..the boycott was to induce change in the management of the bus company by economic loss....

in the same way the decision by the NBA was handed down...

are you nuts?

Nobody cared about this guy until he embarrassed himself on tape.
laugh.gif

This is an indictment of this "post racial" ******** because it's clear:

Nobody cared about the white racist slum lord until he starts costing other rich white people money.
It's different when you get something on tape.

Black people been getting beat up the cops for decades. But once it was on tape (Rodney King)  Things became clearer riots went down.

So yeah we knew Donald was racist, but listen to all that vile commentary for 12 minutes really opened eyes.

League is predom Black. These guys are job creators and wealth creators.  Think about the MEGA BILLIONS  Michael Jordan has created and will continue to create from a 15 year career. This is just one guy and one example These players are the most famous people globally more famous than any  other sport.

Now these players are the MAJORITY not the MINORITY and have POWER so him being racist towards Blacks was a HUGE deal.

Maybe this wouldn't be as harsh 30 40 years ago. But times have changed and this is a major event in black history whether you can understand it now

Last edited:
Why are there 65 pages in this thread.....

Dude was raised to be a racist....

He's a dying breed....

:smh: @ yall thinking being racist is ok as long as it's a private matter

RACISM IS NEVER OK

Yes racist gonna racist but doesnt mean its right

Back
Top Bottom