Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

why would it be unthinkable?
People that have already spent money on tickets are going to show up for the game. The money they paid for those tickets are already in Sterlings pockets so how would not showing up hurt him. Most people have not purchased tickets for round 2 so if the Clippers advance to round two then the boycott would be effective.

but it's more realistic for a guy getting paid $200,000 a game to not play the game with risk of lawsuit, and shattered hoop dreams.

a fan boycott is the 'most' realistic option in my opinion.
Fans have already spent money and want to support their team no matter what, them not showing up would hurt the actual team more than hurt sterling who already got his money. It's better if they show up and do something in solidarity to support the players. No one is not just going to show up after purchasing tickets and when the Clippers have their greatest chance to win the chip now.

It was posted in the NBA thread that State Farm will be pulling their sponsorship

why would it be unthinkable?
People that have already spent money on tickets are going to show up for the game. The money they paid for those tickets are already in Sterlings pockets so how would not showing up hurt him. Most people have not purchased tickets for round 2 so if the Clippers advance to round two then the boycott would be effective.
You can never hurt this man financially, thats what some of you dudes are having a hard time understanding. Dude is an 80 year old billionaire who owns a basketball team for tax avoidance purposes.

The only victories you can have are moral victories and that can start now, rather than later. 

Dude basically said you are not invited to the game because of the color of your skin, and people are saying 'well I paid for the ticket...blah blah blah'.

So in the past Sterling would interview coaches and ask "how do you think you can be successful coaching these n-words?"

He'd bring his girlfriends into the locker room while the Clippers were showering and say "look at these beautiful black bodies" to them like he was a damn slave owner.

This dude is insane with a track record everyone was aware of. Why did Doc go work for a known racist? Shoulda stuck it out here for the rebuild.
Thats been out in the public for YEARS. Some of yall really just find out DTS is a racist? This audio tape is child's play compared to what he's done in the past.

I just roll my eyes whenever Doc or CP3 comment on the situation.

In Doc's press conference when he was introduced as HC, a reporter even asked if he's comfortable knowing Sterling is still in charge of the organization.

His response, "Things are different now."

Yea, whats different is $$$$$

Give me a break Doc. That goes for every former or current player too. This is like steroid era. Everyone turned a blind eye till the ish hit the fan :rolleyes

The L.A. Clippers have lost their first sponsor in the wake of the Donald Sterling audio -- CarMax has announced it will end its 9-year relationship with the team .. TMZ Sports has learned.

A rep for CarMax -- the largest used car retailer -- tells us, "CarMax finds the statements attributed to the Clippers’ owner completely unacceptable."

"These views directly conflict with CarMax’s culture of respect for all individuals. While we have been a proud Clippers sponsor for 9 years and support the team, fans and community, these statements necessitate that CarMax end its sponsorship."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/28/l-a-clippers-sponsor-pulls-out-after-sterling-comments/#ixzz30CHn9WcD

but it's more realistic for a guy getting paid $200,000 a game to not play the game with risk of lawsuit, and shattered hoop dreams.

Rosa parks didn't get paid a cent to refuse to not sit at the back of bus.. How many people gave their lives during the civil rights movement?  

You can never hurt this man financially, thats what some of you dudes are having a hard time understanding. Dude is an 80 year old billionaire who owns a basketball team for tax avoidance purposes.

The only victories you can have are moral victories and that can start now, rather than later. 

Dude basically said you are not invited to the game because of the color of your skin, and people are saying 'well I paid for the ticket...blah blah blah'.

I understand completely, but once again, it's not something that's plausible.

Not going to the game as a fan is more unrealistic than professional athletes not playing a game? That doesn't make sense

Rosa parks didn't get paid a cent to refuse to not sit at the back of bus.. How many people gave their lives during the civil rights movement?  
a fan boycott would be the most dramatic, and provocative stance.

If the players boycott what happens. They basically forfeit, and the warriors move on. The story dies in two weeks.

If the fans stop showing up to games and the team progresses, that allows more room for a stance to be made.

As was stated earlier, I think its actually better for the players to continue playing on in spite of the owner.

So what if the man doesn't want his girl-toy being public about her relationships with certain people..

So what if he has racist opinions....

So what if an employer doesn't like his employees personally...

What does matter is if these racist views are unlawful and if his conduct towards his employees and customers is a violation of rights .... and at this point, it's not

He's been accused of (found guilty of and fined for I believe) unlawful rights violations in the past and people still went to the games and people still signed contracts to play for him.. now all of a sudden there's this outrage

THIS IS A BUSINESS, NOT A FRIENDSHIP -- your boss doesn't have to like you and you don't have to like him/her ... their duty is to compensate you and treat you the way the law says you should be treated

The only people with the right to be upset are those that spend money on the Clippers ... or people that spend money on his businesses

But if the Clippers and Sterling are putting money in your pocket and you're in strictly a business relationship with them, you need to **** and let that man be ignorant...his personal feelings never got in the way of business before so why should they now... people aren't going to like you, that's life

Not going to the game as a fan is more unrealistic than professional athletes not playing a game? That doesn't make sense
Dudes are acting like someone is holding a gun to their heads to go to the game.

avg ticket prices are 150-300. Basically $200 to make a statement.

If you bought second round tickets you can still sell them to ticketmaster or stubhub.

As a man, you have to be prepared to throw everything away to protect your dignity. Cause if you don't then you might as well just start sucking **** taking shots to the face because you gotta feed your family.
NT Extremes.... Never fails. Who has that in their sig? lol

I would like to know what you guys who are advocating for them to take a stand hope to achieve. If sterling is ousted as an owner, he's still going to be wealthy. There will still be other owners who are closeted racist. Do you guys think there will be some new screening process before people are allowed to buy teams? Are all teams going to suddenly become city public assets to prevent humans from being objectified for monetary gain?

Generally the people who have the money to buy teams are old rich white people  men. Old people are historically racist. White people are socialized to be racist. Rich people are often prejudice against the poor, who are disproportionately minorities. Statistically, its very unlikely hes the only owner that wouldn't be caught socializing with his "low life" money makers. If thats how he felt about magic, who i see as pretty mellow, imagine some of the more roughneck black players who came from grittier hoods. Not only that, this whole debacle happened because other people were calling his phone grilling him. We don't know who those people are either. Is he going too testify against his "culture" so we can see just who else is in this boat. I doubt it. If bill gates was grilling him are you going to stop using microsoft goods. If the president at harvard was grilling him would you expect people to turn down full ride scholarships to preserve dignity? Never mind, you probably would.

Damn man as a Clipper fan this is how I feel... like freaking deja vu.

View media item 942770
Here we are, the best Clipper season ever, and now I don't even feel like watching basketball period. It was hard for me to watch that game yesterday, and after that, I just couldn't watch anymore NBA. I am just disgusted and appalled. Yes there is no doubt Donald Sterling is a racist piece of crap that needs to go. And as far as this stupid gold digging *expletive*... thank you for ruining the season! If I ever see this *expletive* on the streets of LA, I have some choice words for this *expletive*.

laugh.gif

"Don't play! But if you play Ima come watch, I paid good money for these seats."
sometimes I wonder if people on NT truly think about what they are posting...or just take a stance and don't budge regardless of the logic, or lack thereof. 
laugh.gif

The Seattle peeps should just buy the team and move them there. This will always be a Laker town. They'll get way more love there than here. Now is the best time to bolt.

NBA says it will hold a press conference tomorrow to make an announcement about the investigation into Donald Sterling.

People are looking for a way to hurt this mans pockets, and it ain't gonna happen.
But it already has....the team is losing sponsorships, including their Statefarm one. That's especially significant because Statefarm is a huge sponsor, hence the 90000000 Cliff Paul commercials you see every game.

Dudes are acting like someone is holding a gun to their heads to go to the game.

avg ticket prices are 150-300. Basically $200 to make a statement.

If you bought second round tickets you can still sell them to ticketmaster or stubhub.

Once again, I get you and I kind of agree, but the likelihood of it happening is close to none and that's my point

Last edited:
Someone should hurt him rather then his pockets.

Hopefully this is like the penn state situation and sterling just dies a few months after this whole thing came out.

Back
Top Bottom