Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

So in the past Sterling would interview coaches and ask "how do you think you can be successful coaching these n-words?"

He'd bring his girlfriends into the locker room while the Clippers were showering and say "look at these beautiful black bodies" to them like he was a damn slave owner.

This dude is insane with a track record everyone was aware of. Why did Doc go work for a known racist? Shoulda stuck it out here for the rebuild.

He paid 12.5 plus taxes actually
nerd.gif
mean.gif

Really don't know where I stand as far as the players and NBA and what they should do.

Everything thing the clippers do benefit HIM. You can say "they don't okay for the owner" all you want but when it all comes down to it they do. You can't take a stand against McDonald's but still buy the burgers.

The NBA can't make him step down. He OWNS the team, bought and paid for. They could make the clippers not participate in the NBA anymore while he wins it but that'll never happen.

At the end of the day what a fine to a billionaire? He doesn't care, he'll make the money back.

I seriously doubt a lawsuit comes from this.  Unless you can prove he doesn't allow minorities to come into the Staples Center then there are no grounds.  As sickening as it is Sterling does have the right to exercise his first amendment no matter how much NT, the players, and the rest of the world disagree with it.  I do feel there will be more of a protest coming, and rightfully so; which will eventually lead Sterling to sell the Clippers.  I don't know that I agree with Magic and his group buying the team given that it looks an awful lot like collusion from a legal standpoint.  Regardless, the team should not be Sterling's anymore and he should stay away from the NBA for good.  I feel for Doc, CP, and co. and commend them for handling this professionally to date.

Last edited:
Team shouldn't play tomorrow if Sterling attends the game.
I was thinking that but when Doc said that the team has one goal in mind, as a unit - to win the 'chip, I think you play regardless.

Coming into the season all those guys in the locker room had that one goal, and they're going to do whatever it takes to reach that goal, no matter what obstacle stands in their way, no matter who their owner is.

They just gotta remember that they're playing for each other. Not the owner.

and the NAACP was about to give this ******* an award as well :smh:

Shows you how much merit and relevance the LA chapter of the NAACP lifetime achievement award has.

Rub shoulders with and network with the right people and throw a donation or 2 there and you got an award coming your way. If I recall, he won the award in 09 as well and that's the same year he had the housing discrimination lawsuits.

let theplayers play, but fans shouldn't show up.

empty arena=win. imagine an empty arena on national tv?

That's what I'm saying, they want the players to not play .. but how many fans are going to be in that arena? Why isn't everybody talking about not going to the game itself?

The Los Angeles NAACP voicemail is full. I guess they have been bombarded with calls because they have a lot of explaining to do.

As a fan that has alreadt purchased a ticket this would be unthinkable. The hurt will start next season. Fans will not buy as many tickets and some season book holders will not renew their tickets. Most people have purchased ther tickets in advance for this 1st round series.

As a fan that has alreadt purchased a ticket this would be unthinkable. The hurt will start next season. Fans will not buy as many tickets and some season book holders will not renew their tickets. Most people have purchased ther tickets in advance for this 1st round series.
why would it be unthinkable?

Then donate a portion of your earnings to a Clippers players fund for any money they may lose not playing out the season. Do YOUR part. What Daniel Sterling did wasn't only disrespectful to the clippers it was direspectful to ALL black people, let's not make this about the clippers players alone. Organize and raise money to pay their salaries. Be active and stop asking people to sacrifice their dreams and livelihoods.
your a Joke, seriously..fund the clippers money they will lose for not playing?  I DONT PLAY BASKETBALL/WORK FOR A RACIST WHO VIEWS ME AS HIS PROPERTY, THEY DO, THEY HAVE TO LIVE THAT.  

Jeff Van Gundy said on national TV they should sit out, does he make enough money for you to have that opinion?  

EVERYONE has to do their part, its bigger then basketball, civil rights is bigger then basketball.. this is chance for these  players to do something GREAT and worried about me?  

DANIEL STERLING IS THERE OWNER,  DANIEL STERLING MAKES MONEY OFF THE CLIPPERS..  IF THE CLIPPERS PLAY AND SUCCEED HE WIN..

This is bigger then basketball and individual dreams, this is about Racisim and equality.

I WILL DO MY PART, I WILL NEVER WATCH, BUY OR EVER DO ANYTHIGN ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLIPPERS AS LONG AS HE IS THE OWNER.  

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom