Leaked audio of Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend "Don't bring black people to my games"

Also, to add to your points Granger was never traded to Clips, he signed after being bought out by 76ers. Redick was sign and trade, meaning he was a FA and chose to sign with Clippers before Clips and Bucks agreed on a trade. And Doc was "traded" to Clips because that was where he wanted to go.

It will be interesting to see how the players react, I don't know if I would boycott the playoffs if I was in their position but you can't tolerate blatant racism from the man signing your checks.

Correct, Granger was actually signed, you're right.

I stated Redick came on via sign and trade.

But Cp3 would've left 27 million on the table had he not resigned, can't ignore that.

Last edited:
Also, to add to your points Granger was never traded to Clips, he signed after being bought out by 76ers. Redick was sign and trade, meaning he was a FA and chose to sign with Clippers before Clips and Bucks agreed on a trade. And Doc was "traded" to Clips because that was where he wanted to go.

It will be interesting to see how the players react, I don't know if I would boycott the playoffs if I was in their position but you can't tolerate blatant racism from the man signing your checks.

Correct, Granger was actually signed, you're right.

I stated Redick came on via sign and trade.

But Cp3 would've left 27 million on the table had he not resigned, can't ignore that.
True, just pointing out that "sign and trade" meant Redick voluntarily made the decision to go to the Clippers.

I'm guessing these 2 things

1. CP3 demanding a black coach

2. Doc Rivers saying he'll quit if Sterling goes through with overruling the Reddick trade

were both a protest of the "poor black boys with a white coach" statement.

Last edited:
All those who hate on LeBron James and talk your junk. Y'all can't say **** about him speaking out and up on issues regarding race. He doesn't hide or shy from it like many others have and do. Respect that.

i can't wait to watch first take and number never lie and around the horn on Monday

All those who hate on LeBron James and talk your junk. Y'all can't say **** about him speaking out and up on issues regarding race. He doesn't hide or shy from it like many others have and do. Respect that.
laugh.gif
  this guy

no way they let him keep this team

Silver's run as commish would be known for screwing up his 1st big test

Meths post got me thinking, If the league had cut bait with this guy in 2009 like they should have, they wouldn't be in this spot at all. Now they have to deal with a PR scandal that's more than twice as bad.

Does anyone know how they can punish Sterling? As far as I'm aware, the NBA can't MAKE him sell the franchise.

It's going to be crazy to see how this plays out. On one hand, I'm 100% confident that no one would want to play for this guy, but these players are playing for themselves and their legacies first and foremost. I could really see them winning a title this year, and the core of their team is pretty young. This is an unprecedented situation in modern pro sports.

Does anyone know how they can punish Sterling? As far as I'm aware, the NBA can't MAKE him sell the franchise.

It's going to be crazy to see how this plays out. On one hand, I'm 100% confident that no one would want to play for this guy, but these players are playing for themselves and their legacies first and foremost. I could really see them winning a title this year, and the core of their team is pretty young. This is an unprecedented situation in modern pro sports.

This is why when people say they should sit out I'm like what? these dudes been working their entire lives to get where they are. Like this ain't your job at the office, this is their life. sucks they gotta deal with this bigoted moron.

Some reporter tweeted that they can fine him a million bucks max and suspend him for as long as they want, according to the by laws and constitution of the NBA

This is why when people say they should sit out I'm like what? these dudes been working their entire lives to get where they are. Like this ain't your job at the office, this is their life. sucks they gotta deal with this bigoted moron.
Word.
Some reporter tweeted that they can fine him a million bucks max and suspend him for as long as they want, according to the by laws and constitution of the NBA
Sterling is worth 1.5 billion dollars. A million dollars is a joke to him.

If his track record is any indication the suspension might not do any good either if he's still able to sign those checks. People have been calling for Sterling's head for years. 

I think this is going to be an interesting ride.

This is true. I think Lebron made a super G move, by calling out the commish to  make a move now and we don't tolerate that in the NBA at all. Lebron 
Don't forget about PTI...
yeh i meant PTI, i don't like around the horn anymore it's kinda corny

Exact reason why we gotta take a stand
We NEVER remain unified
I guarantee if this was a homophobic issue
Homosexuals woulda took a stand protested and not played
Us African Americans are ALWAYS talking about how we get the raw deal
When it comes time for us to stand up we always downplay the issue and never remain united
All I'm sayin
Yeah they love the game of basketball
But THIS is bigger than basketball
Time to step the **** up

If he had made vile comments about homosexuals...his head would already be on a stick by now

Players demand trades everyday though for teams they don't want to play for.
If he had made vile comments about homosexuals...his head would already be on a stick by now

But that's because homosexuals stick together about issues like this..and I respect that.

Meanwhile you got black folk out here saying "i don't think he's racist", "it's not that serious", "we need to worry about our own issues". :rolleyes

Word.

Sterling is worth 1.5 billion dollars. A million dollars is a joke to him.

If his track record is any indication the suspension might not do any good either if he's still able to sign those checks. People have been calling for Sterling's head for years. 

I think this is going to be an interesting ride.

This

He probably spends more of buying his stable of young GFs designer bags, expensive lingerie, coke, champagne, and young bulls

A milli is nothing for him

I thought about this for awhile. I don't think  the Clips should sit out the next game at all. They sacrificed their whole off season, the 82 games of the regular season to get to this point. The practices the trades to get this team on  track to make a deep playoff run. I don't think you can just stop playing to try and make a statement. They got a job to do.  Who knows what will happen in this situation. But these guys gotta go out there and play.

It's not like this was a taped convo w/ all 32 owners and they were all co-signing it.

Every game check they cash is fighting the racism. Because the owner looks even more like an ***** now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom