[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Noble why you so mad at me bro? It was a joke. Stop questioning people's fan hood when you yourself are committed to multiple teams.

You even did it to yourself in the NBA thread... :lol:

Just relax bro. Everything will be okay.

Don't have a heart attack because of a contract extension. :lol:

You co sign every damn terrible decision this franchise makes.

He scored every point?

Or were there teammates?

I remember seeing teammates.

I remember a lot of them, actually. Lots of people did lots of scoring.

Remember that time Kobe killed it in Phil's absence, though? Those were the days, right? When he showed everyone that he could lead a competitive team without Phil? You know, since it's all just Kobe on the floor, not Phil.
What's your point tho? Nobody ever said Kobe was the main reason we won, but he definitely was a major reason
Get ALL THE WAY outta here w/ that. 
laugh.gif

Breathing is difficult for me after reading that.

roll.gif

My Lakers, My Warriors.
"If you can't attack the post, attack the poster."

Really!? He's coming straight for my throat and you want me to just be quiet? He has allegiances to multiple teams but is questioning our fan hood.

Just because you and I don't see eye to eye on Kobe doesn't mean you have to be so biased in this situation.

He's clearly making personal attacks towards multiple people but you call me out for a harmless jab.

CP where the hell you been man.

2 pages ago you were my rival and I didn't want you around, but the last page and a half have been needing your attention, friend.

:wink:

Was on a break.

Today sucks man, Dolphins stuff to write about, D Rose sadness, then this ******** contract, and they want me to actually work around here.

Leave me alone employers, can't you see I'm "busy"? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nobody is cosigning this tho. We're just not acting like females over something that was expected.

to everyone that is losing their mind, what exactly does this stop the lakers from doing? signing lebron(lol)? building a team around melo? seriously can someone explain why you guys are so upset and people are talking like we will be trash for the next decade because of this

Because now that they signed this shell of kobe to an extension his old *** delusional brain is going to want to win and think he can win another title. Whats that do? Force management to sign high priced trash and washed up players kobe likes to try and help him win.

Lets extend llama boy while were at it too since thats kobe's boy

Noble why you so mad at me bro? It was a joke. Stop questioning people's fan hood when you yourself are committed to multiple teams.

Yeah bro.
I clearly cosigned the extension right from the start. I didn't write countless paragraphs expressing my displeasure with Jim Buss and this extension. I didn't laugh my *** off at offering a man with a torn Achilles 48 mill before he even returns. I haven't been laughing my *** off at how horrible of a hiring MDA has been. I haven't been saying that Jim buss has no real plan.

I have CLEARLY literally been cosigning every single decision the Laker organization has made recently.

Thanks for paying close attention and not making absurd assumptions.

You couldn't be any more right bro.
I am a horrible fan who loves this extension.

Last edited:

He scored every point?

Or were there teammates?

I remember seeing teammates.

I remember a lot of them, actually. Lots of people did lots of scoring.

Remember that time Kobe killed it in Phil's absence, though? Those were the days, right? When he showed everyone that he could lead a competitive team without Phil? You know, since it's all just Kobe on the floor, not Phil.
What's your point tho? Nobody ever said Kobe was the main reason we won, but he definitely was a major reason
Get ALL THE WAY outta here w/ that. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 im pretty sure that's what EVERYONE says

kobe was the biggest factor to winning our two chips though (like lebron was the main guy for his, and jordan was the main guy for his)

T
It would be their first reload rebuild without Jerry Buss, the actual mastermind behind everything
It would be their first reload rebuild without Jerry Buss, the actual mastermind behind everything

true but my point is that they have either been around or been apart of 3/4 rebuilds if you count Malone/Payton, bynum, Shaq->pau, Bynum->Dwight, and even lo/pau->cp3. they have more experience and success at this than any other front office and proven themselves enough to make me believe there is more to this than what it seems

That trash can yes man anything for you sir type of fan that why you co sign this trash you co signed mike brown til the end and co signed antoni in the begining

Translation?

Anybody?

:lol:

Relax Noble, 2016 isn't too far away.......... :smh:

Buncha pansies in here. "OMG, how could Kobe do this to us?" I guess he wrote the terms to the contract as well. I'm a little disappointed, but the blame goes to Mitch/Jim first and foremost

And to you cornballs who say he wasn't the best player for ANY of our last 5 ships, DIAF(Im looking at u ska)

Really!? He's coming straight for my throat and you want me to just be quiet? He has allegiances to multiple teams but is questioning our fan hood.

Just because you and I don't see eye to eye on Kobe doesn't mean you have to be so biased in this situation.

He's clearly making personal attacks towards multiple people but you call me out for a harmless jab.

What? Personal attacks?

You know what you were doing.

Unless all of your teams play in the same damn city that shouldnt be an issue with you nor is it the point of kobe having a terrible contract.

That guy is a trash can "yes man anything for you sir" type of fan, which is why he co signed this trash just like when he co signed mike brown til the end and co signed antoni in the begining
lolwut

That trash can yes man anything for you sir type of fan that why you co sign this trash you co signed mike brown til the end and co signed antoni in the begining
Translation?

Anybody?

laugh.gif

Relax Noble, 2016 isn't too far away..........
mean.gif

Buncha pansies in here. "OMG, how could Kobe do this to us?" I guess he wrote the terms to the contract as well. I'm a little disappointed, but the blame goes to Mitch/Jim first and foremost

And to you cornballs who say he wasn't the best player for ANY of our last 5 ships, DIAF(Im looking at u ska)

Shaq was the best player on the first 3.
Kobe was best player for last 2

****, this reminds me, I need to copyright delusional in this thread.

[Rod Tidwell] THAT'S MY WORD!!!! [Rod Tidwell]] :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah bro.
I clearly cosigned the extension right from the start. I didn't write countless paragraphs expressing my displeasure with Jim Buss and this extension. I didn't laugh my *** off at offering a man with a torn Achilles 48 mill before he even returns. I haven't been laughing my *** off at how horrible of a hiring MDA has been. I haven't been saying that Jim buss has no real plan.

I have CLEARLY literally been cosigning every single decision the Laker organization has made recently.

Thanks for paying close attention and not making absurd assumptions.

You couldn't be any more right bro.
I am a horrible fan who loves this extension.

Shaq was the best player on the first 3.
Kobe was best player for last 2
and they were able to do with without useless out of work coach phil jackson 
pimp.gif

Important thing to realize today people is, I'm not the one getting yelled at for a change. :lol: :pimp:

I am however blockin today like Mutumobo. All I see in here is gray lines and then a couple people with funny quotes. :lol:

Because now that they signed this shell of kobe to an extension his old *** delusional brain is going to want to win and think he can win another title. Whats that do? Force management to sign high priced trash and washed up players kobe likes to try and help him win.

Lets extend llama boy while were at it too since thats kobe's boy

so basically it's all speculation? because nothing you mentioned is guaranteed or even likely to happen

Translation?

Anybody?

:lol:

Relax Noble, 2016 isn't too far away.......... :smh:

Translation is im mad and dont understand how anybody can be happy about this!!!

What was the point of having all these contracts coming off the books?

To sign melo, re sign nick young, and just leave a basketball in the middle of the court and see what happens? :lol:

A pau extension shoukd be next

A quick update on Kobe’s extension and the Lakers’ cap space

Today the Lakers announced that they have extended Kobe Bryant for two seasons. Terms were not announced, but Ramona Shelburne reported that he will make $23.5 million and $25 million, respectively.

Two years is the longest extension he could have signed due to the Over-36 rule. This rule takes effect when a contract is for more than three seasons and ends after the player’s 36th birthday, effectively mooting the salary in the later seasons. For extensions they always count the remaining seasons on the current contract — so Kobe now effectively has a three-year contract, which is the maximum allowed per the Over-36 rule. See Question number 56 of my FAQ for more information on this rule.

So where does this leave the team with respect to the 2014 free agent market? The players on the team’s books next summer are as follows:

PlayerSalaryNote
Kobe Bryant$23,500,000Salary is approximate
Elias Harris$816,482Non-guaranteed
Steve Nash$9,701,000
Robert Sacre$915,243
Nick Young$1,227,985Player option
The salary cap next summer is projected to be $62.9 million. The Lakers will also have their own first round draft pick. Based on their current record, this pick would fall around #15, and would therefore count around $1.5 million against their cap.This would give them a total of about $37.66 million for six players. We need to add another six cap holds totaling $3,04 million, which brings the total to about $40,70 million.

With this team salary, the Lakers would have about $22.2 million in cap room next summer. This will be enough for one maximum-salary player — for example, Carmelo Anthony is eligible to receive up to $22,458,401. While this is slightly above the Lakers’ maximum, there are other things the team can do to create more cap room if Anthony doesn’t want to take slightly less than the amount for which he ls eligible.

The team can save a small amount if it waives Elias Harris’ non-guaranteed salary. A larger savings will come if they waive Steve Nash and utilize the Stretch provision on him. If this happens, only $3.23 million of Nash’s full $9.7 million salary will remain on their books.

If they remove both Harris and Nash, their team salary will drop to about $34.44 million, which would give them about $28.46 million in cap room. This would give them the opportunity to sign one maximum-salary player, and a second player at around the mid-level amount.They would also be eligible to utilize the Room Mid-Level exception for around $2.7 million.

However, this assumes they let all of their free agents walk, including Pau Gasol, Steve Blake, Jordan Farmar, Xavier Henry, Jordan Hill, Chris Kaman, and Jodie Meeks. If the wish to retain any of these players, they will remain on the team’s cap — in fact, Gasol’s cap hold alone will eat up most of the team’s cap room. To free up the potential cap room, these players will have to either:

a) Re-sign with the Lakers, in which case their new salary will count against the team’s cap, which will reduce their cap room for signing free agents.

b) Sign elsewhere, in which case they will be lost.

c) Be renounced by the Lakers, in which case the team loses the ability to sign them using Bird rights.

Let’s say the Lakers really wanted to keep Gasol.While he’s an unrenounced free agent he would count about $20.25 million against the team’s cap, reducing their cap room to about $8.75 million. If he re-signs and takes a one-third discount (similar to what Kobe took) he’d receive about $13 million, which would drop the team’s cap room to about $16 million. If they renounce him they can reclaim the entire $28+ million, but then he’d have to be willing to sign for whatever cap space remains after the team signs other free agents.

So if the Lakers are going to follow-through with their 2014 plan, keeping Gasol would likely require him to take a steep discount.

Source:

http://cbafaq.com/blog/?p=286

Noble, You're really gonna accuse me of cosigning everything but not respond to the fact that you're clearly wrong?

Just admit you've skimmed through pages without actually reading my posts and I'll let it go.

Don't come at my throat like that with wild assumptions then back off when you realize how wrong you were.

Be a man.

Show proof of me cosigning this extension. Actually go back and read my words.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom