[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I don't know why I'm shocked a lot of you are happy to see this team become the Kobe Bryant show, where we wait around to watch him chuck up shots to become the all time leading scorer. Clearly that's more important to many of you than actually rebuilding to be a competitive team again.

I would gladly watch the Kobe Bryant show over trying to build around anyone in these next two FA classes not named LeBron

Sign Durant and Love after this contract is done :pimp:

Westbrook the year after :pimp:

Last edited:
Yeah Pau  Kobe would of definitely won those 2 rings without Kobe  Phil.

laugh.gif

This is getting funnier as the day goes by.

Carry on. Highly entertaining
laugh.gif
Fixed.

For free.

I can charge you $20mil if you're more comfortable with that, though.

I don't know why I'm shocked a lot of you are happy to see this team become the Kobe Bryant show, where we wait around to watch him chuck up shots to become the all time leading scorer. Clearly that's more important to many of you than actually rebuilding to be a competitive team again.

You act as if people's opinions on the matter influence the decisions that the Lakers franchise makes.

Who cares if a few people are happy. I'm not, you're not, most aren't.

Nothing we say or do will change the fact that Jim buss is running this team into the ground. :lol:

Yeah Pau Kobe would of definitely won those 2 rings without Kobe Phil.

:lol:

Carry on. Highly entertaining :lol:
Fixed.

For free.

Oh that was Phil out there on the court making clutch shot after clutch shot after clutch shot against the Suns in the WCF to lead us into the finals? That was him making Alvin Gentry shake his head and smile because he knew that all the double and triple teams weren't enough?

Swear.

Thanks for the fix! :smile:

Last edited:
I will wait and give mitch and jimmy the benefit of the doubt, this isn't their first reload. everybody was confused when they gave kwame an extension and that worked out great. I'm actually excited about this because it means two things - lakers feel they can compete with kobe and they have another move in the works

Ska I'm just doing what you told me to do, to not care about convincing others to like my opinion... To Just share it.

Last edited:
I really wonder what the thought process of Mitch and Jim were throughout this. I mean they have to agree to it as well as Bean.

Maybe they just were like we were going to throw this 25 mil to that clown Dwight if he stayed, so we'll just give it to you Bean as a loyalty ploy, even though it handicaps us from doing anything else significant.

As for the outcry, I'm sure a lot of us who are upset with this would have been fine with 10-15 mil per over these last 2 seasons. At least I would. No earthly reason for him at age 36 and 37, coming off this injury, to be the highest paid player in the league, none.

And to be honest, if he didn't have this injury coming back I wouldn't be too mad with the amount he has now, but we've yet to see what he's going to look like. If he still has that form from last year then ok, we have one max guy, and I'll dissipate a bit of my anger, but I don't understand why they couldn't wait to at least see what version of Kobe we're going to be working with before giving him this extension. I don't think the deadline is until the end of February.

kobe got overpaid yeah but anyway lakers are the biggest NBA franchise , we can go deep in salary and dont care at all.

i love melo too but i dont see how he will fit with kobe , if we want to win a championship next year we better resign pau with a small contract and have him coming off the bench , sign Bosh and 1 SF that is iguodala type of player 

Yeah Pau  Kobe would of definitely won those 2 rings without Kobe  Phil.

laugh.gif

Carry on. Highly entertaining
laugh.gif
Fixed.

For free.

Oh that was Phil out there on the court making clutch shot after clutch shot agains the Suns in the WCF to lead us into the finals?

Swear.

Thanks for the fix!
smile.gif
He scored every point?

Or were there teammates?

I remember seeing teammates.

I remember a lot of them, actually. Lots of people did lots of scoring.

Remember that time Kobe killed it in Phil's absence, though? Those were the days, right? When he showed everyone that he could lead a competitive team without Phil? You know, since it's all just Kobe on the floor, not Phil.

I thought under the new CBA, the maximum allowed you can take a paycut is 7.5% of the the remaining year if it is a contract extension. So wouldn't that mean Kobe couldn't have a choice and did take the maximum allowed? Here's from the CBA faq:

59. Can existing contracts be renegotiated?

A contract for four or more seasons can be renegotiated after the third anniversary of its signing, extension, or previous renegotiation (if the previous negotiation increased any season's salary by more than 4.5%). Contracts for fewer than four seasons cannot be renegotiated. A contract cannot be renegotiated between March 1 and June 30 of any year.

Only teams under the cap can renegotiate a contract, and the salary in the then-current season can be increased only to the extent that the team has room under the cap (and cannot increase the player's salary beyond the maximum salary). A renegotiation can only be used to provide a salary increase -- players can't take a "pay cut" in order to create more cap room for the team.

If the player agrees to waive a portion of his trade bonus in order to facilitate a trade (see question number 97), his contract may not be renegotiated for six months following the trade.

Every category of compensation (base salary, likely bonuses, and unlikely bonuses) that are increased in the renegotiated season must also increase in all subsequent seasons of the contract. Raises (and decreases) in subsequent seasons are limited to 7.5% of the salary in the first renegotiated season.

A renegotiated contract can be extended simultaneously (see question number 58). If a player's contract is extended and renegotiated simultaneously in this manner, his salary may not decrease by more than 40% from the last season before the extension (after it is renegotiated) to the first season of the extension. For example, if the salary in the last season of a contract is renegotiated to $10 million and the contract is simultaneously extended, the salary in the first season of the extension cannot be less than $6 million.

Last edited:

kobe got overpaid yeah but anyway lakers are the biggest NBA franchise , we can go deep in salary and dont care at all.

i love melo too but i dont see how he will fit with kobe , if we want to win a championship next year we better resign pau with a small contract and have him coming off the bench , sign Bosh and 1 SF that is iguodala type of player

Here is what you and a bunch of NT'ers FAIL to recognize:

-The Lakers as a franchise DO NOT TANK on purpose and rebuild through the draft ! Hell in the 80's they acquired the #1 draft pick for the 1982 draft through a trade that got them James Worthy.Same with Magic the year he came out and the Lakers had the #1 pick that year.
-The year we drafted Andrew Bynum with the #10 pick the Lakers did not tank on purpose and were in playoff contention during 03-04 season before Kobe suffered injuries and Rudy T quit halfway through that season.

Lebron isn't coming.Melo is not a player worth a max contract.

Even with Kobe's new contract they still have money to go after another max contract player.Don't be surprised if in a year or 2 Mitch makes a blockbuster trade for someone like Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook.If not the free agent classes in 2015 & 2016 are hell of a lot better than what might be available in the summer of 2014.

MR J.

MY man!!

Thank you for finally providing people with some real knowledge. Repped.

And CP... Where are you when I actually need you? :smh:

but on a serious note, i cant believe the lakers overpayed for a superstar AGAIN 
mean.gif

on the bright side at least the player that lead us to consecutive championships, pau gasol, is starting to get in a grove this season

Back
Top Bottom