[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Really what this move shows is no one wants to play with Kobe next year.
Lakers FO had to know they were gunna swing & miss in the offseason,
end up with the same team as this year and look mighty embarrassed while doing it.

If that's the case, signing Kobe doesn't change anything because no one worth having would come here anyways...
(it seems people don't wanna play with him... jeez, I wonder why
eyes.gif
)

It's not the end of the world I guess.
Just wish we were more committed to the tank game this year.
and no 1st round pick next year cause of Steve Nash is very troublesome but I think they're might be some protection on it.

Hopefully Pau continues to trade well and some Eastern conference teams gets desperate enough to throw us picks for him.
This i actually agree with.

Many reputable reporters have said multiple times, that superstars won't come to LA to play with Kobe.

Maybe the Lakers know ahead of time they're probably gonna strike out on free agents.

These last two years are gonna be Jordan with wizards esque, fighting for a playoff spot in purgatory of basketball.

Maybe we can trade the GAWD STEVE BLAKE for a 1st round pick, or even a bag of chips..

laugh.gif

I feel like some of you guys (mostly ska) might think this is me just being "pro Kobe" as usual by saying how can you blame him...

But you guys don't know that deep down I'm just as disappointed as you guys. He's been my favorite player for 17 years. I looked up to dude as a kid. I've been rooting for him and the Lakers for a long time.

I'm fully aware of how badly this screws our teams chances of winning the next few years, and I truly am disappointed and distraught at him not taking a bigger pay cut.

Trust me, as a Laker fan this pisses me off. I hate Jim Buss for being such a big Idiot, and I'm mad at Kobe for not caring about winning as much as he claims to care.

I'm right there with you guys.

But putting my feelings as a fan of him, the Lakers, and basketball aside... I can't blame the man for putting his family first and taking a deal that just seems to be offered with no hesitation to him by the owner.

That's all I'm sayin.

I hate that he did it, but how could I blame him?

I look at him differently now, i feel like his words don't mean much anymore as far as winning goes. It sucks. As a fan of his, I am dissapoint... As a fan of the Lakers, this ******g SUCKS. It's horrible. And unless he comes back and wins before he retires it'll ruin his reputation for wanting to win at any cost in my eyes, forever.

But I can't hate him for caring about family more than basketball.

I just personally can't.

It's sad, it's frustrating, it's annoying... But, as a person that's starting to understand how important every dollar is in life... It's understandable.

That's all.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

P.

We need you.

Realistically, if Pau and Blake keep playing well as role players.

What quality of players can we realistically hope to receive in a trade before the deadline?

This i actually agree with.

Many reputable reporters have said multiple times, that superstars won't come to LA to play with Kobe.

Maybe the Lakers know ahead of time they're probably gonna strike out on free agents.

These last two years are gonna be Jordan with wizards esque, fighting for a playoff spot in purgatory of basketball.

Maybe we can trade the GAWD STEVE BLAKE for a 1st round pick, or even a bag of chips..

:lol:

Yup... Lakers know they're bout to be trash so why not pay Kobe lol
Now it's all about accumulating young players on rookie contracts + picks.
Gotta build for...... 2016 offseason... ugh ....so far away...

Not even Enes Kanter?... Pau for Kanter straight up.

Would free up the Jazz cap space even more for 2014.

:nerd:

Umm, the Jazz are an actual smart franchise, they're 1-14!!!
They know what they're doing, they wouldn't trade for Pau to mess up their chance at Wiggins/Parker/Randle.

jazz are gunna be in a better position than the Lakers in 2 years

I like the Kobe extension .... Lakers have cash so the Kobe ext. should not be an issue.
I sure do... Tell that to BROOKLYN.
Lakers may have plenty of cash, but there are cap thresholds, you cant just go an get any player you want.

Lakers will only have enough cash available for one max player.

So yeah, its actually a issue.

and what does brooklyn have to do with this?

Last edited:
Lakers are essentially the west coast Nets for the next few years...

Here's a question for you guys, do you think this is Kobe's last contract?
I hope it is but idk :lol:

Lakers are essentially the west coast Nets for the next few years...

Here's a question for you guys, do you think this is Kobe's last contract?
I hope it is but idk
laugh.gif
it defintely is.

10 years in number 8

10 years in number 24

20 years (most ever with one team)

def. is.

If this is not Kobe's last contract as a Laker I will in fact change into a Jazz fan in 3 years :lol: :tongue:

Because I agree with you, they're gonna be in great shape in a few years.

Last edited:
All ya'll that are talking crazy now, are gonna be the ones crying on how much you miss Kobe in years to come. Did Kobe **** us over? Maybe. But didn't we know that this was going to happen for a while now? Yeah

(awaiting skas response)

nerd.gif
Both teams played hard. :D

This is amusing, though, seeing y'all shocked over someone I've been calling selfish for almost 20 years do something selfish.

"He's not selfish! He played through injuries!"

"What about Shaq's lazy self screwing us?! Kobe would never screw us!! Kobe cares about winning! Does whatever it takes to win!"

About that...

*back to drinking these rapidly falling tears*

That's y'all's dude. :D

And now some of you are gonna backtrack now that I've posted, talking about "I'm just upset at what he's done to us right NOW. He still got us those 5 chips, for which I'm thankful. GLOAT."

No he didn't, and no he's not. :D

*drinking more tears*

I'm not usually the "I told you so" type, but... zebras can't change their stripes, and the selfish can't be anything other than self-interested.

Now y'all can quote me and direct the vitriol you have for Kobe... at me. :D

*catches more tears in a cup for later*

:lol: @ everyone who didn't believe me when I said this would happen

I laughed at the notion of Kobe taking $5mil, and was greeted with "He would never, and if he expects that, he can walk," and "Lakers FO isn't that stupid."

It's like a chick being in an abusive relationship that I try to help her out of calling me one night, shocked that her dude snapped and broke her jaw. "Well I never," she says while I'm sitting there like "I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR YEARS!"

For years.

I've been telling you.

No Shaq. No Phil. Kobe's show.

Enjoy it. Stick by him. We're gonna do... swell. :D

Last edited:
Seriously for NT'ers pn here what would have been an acceptable per year on Kobe's extension would have been acceptable for you guys ?

If he agreed to $10 or $12 million a year, NT'ers still would b"tch'ing on here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom