**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

essential1 essential1 say if we do a Clarkson+Deng swap for PG. What's our cap looking like for next summer with JR's & PG's cap hold?

Paul George $31,055,076
Julius Randle $12,645,118 RFA / Cap Hold
# 2 Pick $7,461,960
D'Angelo Russell $7,019,698
Timofey Mozgov $6,540,000 Stretched
Brandon Ingram $5,757,120
Larry Nance Jr. $2,272,391
Ivica Zubac $1,544,951
David Nwaba $1,744,951

Roster Size 8
Salary Cap Space $31,958,735

Last edited:
 Although George would constitute a significant acquisition for Los Angeles, the rebuilding Lakers do not currently intend to part with any of their young assets in a trade with the Pacers, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne.

Clarkson & Nance getting traded for PG isn't a big risk at all... If you think about it.

How many minutes will be available for Clarkson between Lonzo, Russell & PG come 2018? Maybe 20, if that.

Then how many minutes would reasonably be left for Nance after Randle gets his minutes, PG & Ingram slide up to the 4 on occasion.. And Zu, Black, Moz & even spot minutes by Randle prevent Nance from playing the 5.

Last edited:
Clarkson & Nance getting traded for PG isn't a big risk at all... If you think about it.

How many minutes will be available for Clarkson between Lonzo, Russell & PG come 2018? Maybe 20, if that.

Then how many minutes would reasonably be left for Nance after Randle gets his minutes, PG & Ingram slide up to the 4 on occasion.. And Zu, Black, Moz & even spot minutes by Randle prevent Nance from playing the 4.
I'd rather Lakers package Clarkson and Deng/Moz to free up cap space to maybe sign someone else to team up with PG

I think it's imperative that we trade for him before next season starts. 

I think it's imperative that we trade for him before next season starts. 

I think it's only imperative if they want to avoid the leg work that they would need to do in 2018 anyway.

But coming into 2018... Trading Clarkson & Nance wouldn't be too hard. Nor would stretching Deng & Mozgov

I think it's only imperative if they want to avoid the leg work that they would need to do in 2018 anyway.

But coming into 2018... Trading Clarkson & Nance wouldn't be too hard. Nor would stretching Deng & Mozgov
I'm thinking more of showcasing how the young guys and he work together which will make us players with other star free agents next summer as well. And they 1% chance CLE flukes and wins a chip next season with him is still there. 

Then how many minutes would reasonably be left for Nance after Randle gets his minutes, PG & Ingram slide up to the 4 on occasion.. And Zu, Black, Moz & even spot minutes by Randle prevent Nance from playing the 5.

Not Nance. Can never have too much depth.

Just seen Anthony Davis at Disneyland
Asked him about trade rumors and he said "it's crazy right now"

Last edited:
Pacers asking teams for ideas on potential PG trades, per sources, as they have for a while. Ideally: 2 firsts+starter. Teams obv skittish.

We have 2 firsts and a starter available :nerd:

Pacers asking teams for ideas on potential PG trades, per sources, as they have for a while. Ideally: 2 firsts+starter. Teams obv skittish.

Deng, 28th, and the 2020 pick. Get it done magic.

Deng, 28th, and the 2020 pick. Get it done magic.
Nah I wouldn't even give the Pacers too much
Deng, this year 28th, and whatever years 2nd round pick
If they don't accept it, well, they can go f themselves until PG comes thru

Last edited:
Nah I wouldn't even give the Pacers too much
Deng, this year 28th, and whatever years 2nd round pick
If they don't accept it, well, they can go f themselves

I'd moreso do it to free cap space for 2018 to hopefully sign someone else as well. None of those picks will be game changers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom