**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Am I the only who thinks this is even worse for the Lakers odds of getting PG? Now they are going to think they are in the drivers seat and someone like the Celtics are going to swoop in with real assets to offer and PG signs an extension there.

Am I the only who thinks this is even worse for the Lakers odds of getting PG? Now they are going to think they are in the drivers seat and someone like the Celtics are going to swoop in with real assets to offer and PG signs an extension there.

PG is over the East and LeBron.
He's coming west.

Celtics are focused on Jimmy Butler and Anthony Davis. We good. Magic and Rob just need to pull the trigger and fleece them.

Yea I keep forgetting Randle shares the same agent, but Clarkson doesn't and when PG gets here he's out of luck anyway.

Celtics are focused on Jimmy Butler and Anthony Davis. We good. Magic and Rob just need to pull the trigger and fleece them.

Well considering PG plays the same position as butler and PG's trade value just dropped significantly you can bet that Ainge is going to snake in there like when the Lakers were trying to trade for Garnett

Last edited:
Why in the world would you throw Randle in a PG trade after that Woj bomb? :lol: wow

If Magic isn't really sold on Randle as a max player this is the perfect opportunity to not have to deal with the awkwardness of contract negotiations with Julius next summer.
Moving a 22 year old lottery pick that has shown promise in a trade for a guy who has now explicitly said he'll sign outright to the team is idiotic any way you slice it.

If you really want to move him, you trade him for something else, not for a guy who's willing to sign with you outright and has zero trade value after that Woj report.

Well considering PG plays the same position as butler and PG's trade value just dropped significantly you can be that Ainge is going to snake in there like when the Lakers were trying to trade for Garnett

He's already made it clear he's going to LA. Why would they give up assets for him just to leave? Jimmy is under contract for a few more seasons.

giphy.gif

Well considering PG plays the same position as butler and PG's trade value just dropped significantly you can be that Ainge is going to snake in there like when the Lakers were trying to trade for Garnett

If you have no leverage and are forced to take a **** deal wouldn't you rather send them west rather than a conference rival?

He's already made it clear he's going to LA. Why would they give up assets for him just to leave? Jimmy is under contract for a few more seasons.

Well they have like 3 lottery picks next year and a top3 pick this year. I'm pretty sure they can afford the gamble

If you have no leverage and are forced to take a **** deal wouldn't you rather send them west rather than a conference rival?

I'd rather send him to the place that is going to set me up for the future. A sixth man and an awful contract is almost as had as just letting him go outright.

I'm not getting my hopes up until I see him in a LA jersey. Too many variables

Last edited:
Have the last 6 years not told you anything?

Nobody loves hoarding draft picks more than Danny Ainge. There is no ******* way he gives them up for a 1 year rental.

I would love him to do so tho. Watching the Celtics give up assets for Pg, lose in the eastern playoffs, and then lose PG to the Lakers for nothing would be a dream.

Have the last 6 years not told you anything?

Nobody loves hoarding draft picks more than Danny Ainge. There is no ******* way he gives them up for a 1 year rental.

I would love him to do so tho. Watching the Celtics give up assets for Pg, lose in the eastern playoffs, and then lose PG to the Lakers for nothing would be a dream.

Who the **** says he is going to give them all up? If he gives up 1, he still has 3 left this year and next year. A deal of a lotto pick + Crowder is better than Clarkson and awful contract. There are enough teams out there willing to take a gamble on a player like PG.

Or what happens if the Cavs offer love for him?

Last edited:
Randle would go to the bench. And they'd likely run a Randle / Nance 4/5 lineup together at all times when they are in.

Zu would probably end up starting. Moz would be there for moral support :lol:

Last edited:
Who the **** says he is going to give them all up? If he gives up 1, he still has 3 left this year and next year. A deal of a lotto pick + Crowder is better than Clarkson and awful contract. There are enough teams out there willing to take a gamble on a player like PG.

Or what happens if the Cavs offer love for him?

He's going to leave man. You don't give up assets for a rental when he's made his intentions crystal clear. Plus Bron is probably leaving the Cavs after next year. I'd like to think Gilbert wouldn't want to be left with just Kyrie.

He's going to leave man. You don't give up assets for a rental when he's made his intentions crystal clear. Plus Bron is probably leaving the Cavs after next year. I'd like to think Gilbert wouldn't want to be left with just Kyrie.

Sorry, must have blocked out the whole Dwight Howard thing from ever happening.

Sorry, must have blocked out the whole Dwight Howard thing from ever happening.

There was no indication from Dwert that he was going to leave before trading for him. And that even buffers my point even more. Was that smart or stupid that the Lakers did that?

Back
Top Bottom