**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm fine with Ball.... But if there's even the slightest bit of doubt in Rob or Magic's mind, you go Jackson....

And see what would bring the C's to the table, if you don't like whatever they offer (may pass) then stick with Jackson.

You get the guy you want, period. They're not in a position to negotiate since Boston doesn't plan on keeping the player anyway, I'm sure the Bulls would take Lonzo just the same. 

IF they are not sold on Ball, and are having a legitimate debate on Ball versus Jackson come Thursday... Then you take Jackson... That's the entire premise of what I was saying.

Now if you take JJ, and Celtics actually want Jackson, then you have a bargaining chip that you can negotiate to the point where Magic can be fine with having to end up with Lonzo

Last edited:
IF they are not sold on Ball, and are having a legitimate debate on Ball versus Jackson come Thursday... Then you take Josh Jackson... That's the entire premise of what I was saying.

Now if you take Josh, and Celtics actually want Jackson, then you have a bargaining chip that you can negotiate to the point where Magic can be fine with having to end up with Lonzo
There isn't a debate. Ball has been the pick the moment since they got number 2. And even if they wanted Josh Jackson, they just take him because he's the guy, not because of some fantasy trade, cause again, Boston isn't drafting whoever at #3 to keep, he's going to be rerouted to Chicago. Lakers have no leverage. 

Last edited:
Jackson if the Celtics even want him is their 3rd choice behind Hayward and butler. Maybe even 4th after jaylen, possibly even 5th after crowder. Doubt they would even flinch at the threat of holding him hostage

Last edited:
If anything it's Chicago who wants Jackson as a Jimmy surrogate. I could see it playing out with the Lakers picking JJ to screw the Celtics and step in and negotiate with Chicago. Doubt it happens tho

If we really want Fultz and can't get him, either take Jackson and make a deal with Boston to get our 18 pick back or trade with the suns and take Ball or Fox and gain a 2018 pick.

Last edited:
Legit question: can someone please tell me a star Calipari Wildcat that has been a bust? I know there are players like Willie Cauley-Stein and Daniel Orton that are just role players in the league, but I'm asking about stars that have just been average or busts.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. James Young was arguably the best player during the tournament on the team that went to the national championship and he's a bust.

Last edited:
The Harrison twins were 'stars' coming into UK. Don't know if that counts.

Back
Top Bottom