**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I like Sharpe from Bkn as a big prospect. Like Edey too.

Main problem I see is Lakers built like a 90s championship team especially with another non-3 shooting big. Top teams are going 5-out (5 guys who can shoot 3s, for max spacing ex. Boston, OKC). 4-out spacing is viable, but Lakers are teetering on 3-3.5 out with Bron, AD, Rui Three 3-point shooters. Looking like a slow team that clogs the paint and gives everyone less room to operate.

More 3s with this group: AD shooting more 3s, he started to try more in the playoffs last year for whatever reason, but really make a effort to shoot more 3s/space. Bron is streaky, but as he ages better for him to shoot more 3s as well. Rui is actually a decent 3 point shooter, but doesn't take many and prefers to get in short/mid range. Rui is probably the odd-man out, and doesn't fit the team as well as a 3/D guy would for modern basketball offense.

So ideally next couple of days.

Draft Edey or Flip
D'Lo opts in and we move him for an equal or greater salary to operate at 2nd apron team
Trade Rui/Gabe/JHS + picks for something significant

I said ideally. Don't care about a guy who shouldn't even be in the draft.

I don’t think Wiseman has the work ethic and drive to be the best he can be.

Dude is Kwame Brown

Easy pass

We need to stop SETTLING for mediocre bigs and go for the jugular.

TRADE UP TO DRAFT THE BEST PLAYER IN THE DRAFT who most people aren’t seeing as the best player and that ladies n gents is Zach Edey

He's over 7 foot and can walk and chew gum at the same time. I'd entertain it for the minimum if there aren't any options left.

Wiseman got the talent but one of the lowest basketball IQs I've seen in the NBA, somehow it's not getting much better

200w.gif

is that supposed to scare teams? :lol:

If it’s Wiggins, would need to also move Vando.

My guess is it would include Podz as well and it would DLo and Rui out.

Warriors already got the full DLo experience, I think they're good :lol:. I wouldn't mind Podz or Trayce Jackson Davis, or GP2 if healthy

Dont really buy the Warriors wanting D'Lo again, but maybe it's GP2 and Looney?

Lakers shouldn't take in more money than they're sending out.

• Sad
Reactions: MVP

Believe JJ had Jacque Vaughn in Orlando for half a season before he got traded, so there's history there.

This is common sense and the other GM’s around the league know this.

I won’t be shocked if Edey goes in the top 10

If Pelinka wants Edey bad enough, he’ll move mountains to get the #1 pick from ATL to guarantee the 7’4” 300 lb future All-Star

Back
Top Bottom