**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I like Cam a lot but he's injury prone and a bit limited in his game/athletically.

I like Day'Ron Sharpe too. If he wasn't slated to be a free agent next year, Sharpe for #17 would be fair value.

I like Cam, and would want him in tow.

But Nets are about to stock the war chest with picks. Every move will be with picks attached. And they can ask top dollar now, and then circle back and lessen the price at the deadline for anybody who didn't get moved.

Cam may be worth a first. But only if you can get out of the Gabe deal and not trade any of the good players on the team.

Murray's minimum just got set at 3 picks (if you're not trading AR).
Trae is going for 4 (if available)
Mitchell for 5 (if he enters the market)

Capture.PNG

Save $4M in the process too.

I don't think overpays set the market. Of those guys get moved it won't be for those prices

Murray has multiple suitors. 2 picks seems to be the consensus before the Mikal trade (almost all mock trades had multiple picks going to Atlanta). Maybe you get him for 2, but Austin Reaves is going for him in that case. Because he's untouchable, 3 sets the market.
Trae is better than Murray and for all his warts is still viewed as someone who would be a corner stone. If Murray would have gone for 2 before Mikal trade, Trae goes for 3 and pick swaps before the Mikal trade.
Mitchell went for 3 firsts and 2 pick swaps already. My guess is his market didn't die, and has since appreciated now that he's done great things in a second location, and looked like a maniac in playoff games.

Remember Lakers have to compete against other teams to get their trades done.

Murray has multiple suitors. 2 picks seems to be the consensus before the Mikal trade (almost all mock trades had multiple picks going to Atlanta). Maybe you get him for 2, but Austin Reaves is going for him in that case. Because he's untouchable, 3 sets the market.
Trae is better than Murray and for all his warts is still viewed as someone who would be a corner stone. If Murray would have gone for 2 before Mikal trade, Trae goes for 3 and pick swaps before the Mikal trade.
Mitchell went for 3 firsts and 2 pick swaps already. My guess is his market didn't die, and has since appreciated now that he's done great things in a second location, and looked like a maniac in playoff games.

Remember Lakers have to compete against other teams to get their trades done.
Not necessarily speaking to the Lakers getting them, just in general. I don't think Murray and Trae have a market like that in the first place so the bridges trade shouldn't really affect that. And as far as Mitchell I think this actually lowers the ceiling on his trade offers since the Knicks and Nets were 2 of the only teams that were reportedly interested and the Knicks were really the only that could offer so many picks

Not necessarily speaking to the Lakers getting them, just in general. I don't think Murray and Trae have a market like that in the first place so the bridges trade shouldn't really affect that. And as far as Mitchell I think this actually lowers the ceiling on his trade offers since the Knicks and Nets were 2 of the only teams that were reportedly interested and the Knicks were really the only that could offer so many picks
Basically I don't agree with the thought process that since the Knicks overpaid for a guy they desperately want who they know will re-sign with them that now the price went up on guys that didn't really have a market to start with. It's like saying that D'lo is worth 3 firsts now

Basically I don't agree with the thought process that since the Knicks overpaid for a guy they desperately want who they know will re-sign with them that now the price went up on guys that didn't really have a market to start with. It's like saying that D'lo is worth 3 firsts now

Markets are give and take.

If I see Player X go for 5 firsts. I want Y for my guys. Even if I don't get it. 2 teams who want them have to compete for them.

If Lakers, Spurs, Magic, Pelicans want Murray. And they all submit an offer. And they all know that these other teams made offers. They naturally try to distinguish themselves to get the other teams to drop out. If I'm LA, and I don't have young prospects that I'm willing to trade, I will have to add a pick. And assets get stacked until all but 1 market leaves.

Dejounte isn't going for 5 1sts. But he's not going for 1 either.

Markets are give and take.

If I see Player X go for 5 firsts. I want Y for my guys. Even if I don't get it. 2 teams who want them have to compete for them.
If you don't get it then that means they don't have a market like that. Bridges deal was a clear overpay and not fair market value so it can't credibly be used in a negotiation. As far as I can tell it's only new Orleans potential interested in Murray/Trae and atl doesn't have any leverage. Murray isn't going for 3 picks and Trae isn't going for 4, I'd pretty much guarantee it

Hilarious how Pelinka was talking about how hard it is to trade these days and 24 hours later the Knicks pull this trade off :lol:
I mean, "I'll trade my diamond necklace for your cubic zirconia ring" is NEVER hard.
That's not what Rob was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom