**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

-Take a center tonight, I like Daron Holmes (I know nothing but getting locked in a month before draft). Even if 17 may be a few picks too early.
- Bronny at 55. He won’t consistently play for 2 years unless rampant and ridiculous nepotism, but I guess it is what it is.

-Gabe, JHS, Cam Reddish if he opts in, Max Lewis, lottery protected 1st and a couple seconds for DFS & Sharpe
(Not totally in on DFS, but it is a trade that makes sense and isn’t unloading too much. And not really interested in Rui or Vando in a trade for Cam now that I’ve slept on it).
- Re-sign Bron
- Re-sign Max
- Re-sign DLo

Guards : DLo, AR, Max, Bronny
Forwards: Bron, DFS, Vando, Rui
Centers: AD, Sharpe, Holmes, Wood

Rui and whichever first is available for another guard may be the last move I would make.
Rui out could provide some level of lineup versatility at Center. I guess Vando could too, but the salary limits what you could get.

Also probably have the $5mil taxpayer MLE

Last edited:
Zach Edey - Will he be good enough on offense to offset his defensive questions?
Upside: Jonas Valančiūnas
Downside: Enes Kanter

Kyle Filipowski - Dribble, pass, shoot big man. Can switch on defense, but not a rim protector.
Upside: Old man Al Horford
Downside: Frank Kaminsky

Yves Missi - Athletic big man that only dunks. Already 20 years old, but relatively new to basketball.
Upside: Clint Capela
Downside: Jaxson Hayes

DaRon Holmes - Small, thin center. A Lakers Twitter favorite, but I'm uneasy about him.
Upside: Larry Nance Jr with less athleticism
Downside: JaMychal Green

Kel'el Ware - Physical tools/athleticism, with some skill/touch. Iffy basketball IQ and motor.
Upside: Myles Turner
Downside: Mo Bamba

Personally I like Filipowski and Ware the most. Don't think this team needs any more guards unless someone from the lottery drops. Not sure there's a wing in the projected range worth picking. I like de Silva in a vacuum, but I don't want him on this team.

I don't mind Bronny at #55, but I have a feeling he gets picked before the Lakers have a chance at him. Other guys I like at #55 include Jaylen Wells (shooter), Jalen Bridges (starter kit 3&D), Tristen Newton (tough guard).

If they're going to keep the pick, I'd say Edey or Ware.

Hopefully they move it.

I think someone takes Bronny middle 2nd. I don't think he wants to play with his dad. He wants to make a name for himself. Salute Bron & Rich doing their thing, but Bronny would probably do GLeague/two way if he could. Kid wants his own lane.

Sam Vecenie (The Athletic) has a trade in his latest mock draft.
1000006048.png

Of the Lakers keep #17. I hope they use it to draft the next Lebron or Anthony Davis

Edey will be gone before 17. If we can move up and get Carter that would be amazing :lol:

Also, we gotta do something with D'Lo tonight. He's my guy, but he's **** the bed one too many times.

I like Sharpe from Bkn as a big prospect. Like Edey too.

Main problem I see is Lakers built like a 90s championship team especially with another non-3 shooting big. Top teams are going 5-out (5 guys who can shoot 3s, for max spacing ex. Boston, OKC). 4-out spacing is viable, but Lakers are teetering on 3-3.5 out with Bron, AD, Rui Three 3-point shooters. Looking like a slow team that clogs the paint and gives everyone less room to operate.

More 3s with this group: AD shooting more 3s, he started to try more in the playoffs last year for whatever reason, but really make a effort to shoot more 3s/space. Bron is streaky, but as he ages better for him to shoot more 3s as well. Rui is actually a decent 3 point shooter, but doesn't take many and prefers to get in short/mid range. Rui is probably the odd-man out, and doesn't fit the team as well as a 3/D guy would for modern basketball offense.

So ideally next couple of days.

Draft Edey or Flip
D'Lo opts in and we move him for an equal or greater salary to operate at 2nd apron team
Trade Rui/Gabe/JHS + picks for something significant

I said ideally. Don't care about a guy who shouldn't even be in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom