**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Bro you were making some good points until you said this…

1688330508629.jpeg

AD ain’t doing anything on the wing but wasting time
Here's the facts tho - AD will continue to operate from the wing around 17-20 feet out whether we like it or not.

He's a face up player not a back to the basket post player. Only time you gonna see him post up and back someone down in thr paint is when he has a clear height and strength advantage.

AD is trying to take dudes off the dribble and/or pull up from 20.

Off-ball, AD will either roll and get a lob, or cut to the basket when Bron/DLo/AR penetrates.

AD is really a SF in a PF's body playing center lol

Watch it be for the minimum lol

Him or Beasley know if they come back they might be the 12-14th man.

If Christie plays well, reddish may never see the court.

Some of you guys are really over valuing Bamba. He sucks. Skinny string bean with no strength or heart

Bamba will continue to get opportunities because he was a top 10 pick. He's not great but at this stage we literally just need a large human so AD doesn't need to play center full time

I would be happy with any of these three. Ideally, we would get Plumlee

Last years “top 7 on any given nba team” players

Dlo
Reaves (later in year)
Vando
Rui
Lebron
Ad
Shroeder
Borderline: Beasley and Lonnie

7 sure fire top 7 players.

This years likely same category:

Dlo
Reaves
Vando
Rui
Lebron
Ad
Vincent
Prince

8 such players.

Yea seems to be lots of lateral moves but with a training camp and Reaves hopeful improvement and my wildcard: Christie. That can increase to 9 such players. So 2 over the “top 7” list and so luxury. Just need to get lucky with a big to surprise us.

Wood is a big who’s a defensive liability and thinks he’s a 3point shooter. At least when I watched him here in Houston.

Bamba will continue to get opportunities because he was a top 10 pick. He's not great but at this stage we literally just need a large human so AD doesn't need to play center full time

I would be happy with any of these three. Ideally, we would get Plumlee

If Lakers get Plumlee, it would really be over for Denver and any other team in the West

Lakers frontcourt of AD, Hayes, Plumlee, Bron, Rui, Vando has so much variety it would be able to matchup with any opponent no problem

Lonnie signed for the vet minimum

Remember when “we are probably priced out for Lonnie”

I never believed it. He was DNP-CD for half the season.

But it sucks that like 4 teams had cap space only- and all teams were either tanking teams or had many guards. Bad luck. He shoulda at least gotten 5 mill. But then again that woulda meant we would not have had access to Prince or even Vincent if more teams had space.

Lonnie in LAL wouldNt have worked bc its time to play Christie.

Last edited:
Lonnie only got the vet min....

At thay price IMO we should have brought him back.

Still need a big though.

didnt know cody zeller was sought after. the guy that came in for 3 minutes a game to get cooked by jokic 🤣

Need for the stars to align and have Wood go to the Clips so Lakers can steal Plumlee for the low if Plumlee trying to cement his legacy and win a chip

FYI. Cannot use all three 2-way spots unless all 15 roster spots are taken.

So we will likely only have 2 at our disposal.

Wonder his non guaranteed deals affect the tax and hardcap situation.

If Plumlee or Wood sign for the min they should go somewhere they’ll get enough playing time to earn a bigger contract next time… that’s not gonna happen with the Lakers

Back
Top Bottom